Spend $40

>Spend $40
>Get best coffee maker on the market

If you're a coffee drinker and you don't have one of these, just...

this is not an aeropress you fucking plebian.

Chemex > Areopress

I only settle for the best. My aeropress has been collecting dust for years.

>he uses filters
I will stick to my French press, faggot

That's not an espro faggot

I'll stick with my espresso setup.

Also Chemex sucks at getting an even extraction. As far as paper filter -steeped pourover devices go, V60>Wave>Chemex.

>>this level of autism.

Jesus Christ do you even like coffee or just like your unwarranted self importance?

What's the rocket blower for?

That's a nice set up, I must admit.

However, the V60 > Chemex? I don't think so, pal.

>ctrl f
>faggot
>multiple results found
It all checks out, keep posting gaylord

how much they pay coffee engineers?

Hannibal?

Anal injections. Completely serious.

Agreed. I just bought a reusable filter too.

Nice. It's a beautiful piece of glass that makes fantastic coffee for a very fair price, as well as being made in the USA.

The AP is made in the US as well, but it looks like a cock pump and makes about as good coffee as that probably would.

I'll stick with my keurig, thank you very much

Didn't want to make a new thread but what's are some recommend coffee grinders?

Rancilio Rocky

If you don't want to spend hundreds but want a burr grinder, Mr. Coffee sells one at Target for $30. Gets jammed up pretty commonly with darker and oilier roasts, but did the job for some time until I got the Rancilio

If I wanted to feel important I'd just post in reddit coffeestation threads and bask in the "omg so jealous" bs instead of here.

Cleaning coffee off stuff. And flushing grinders.

It is. Chemex is prone to underextraction and uneven extraction. The device is poorly designed (massive heat loss and poor flow control) and the filters are shit (texture lets grounds stick too much and the three layers on one side one on the other is terrible). It's just a bad brewer that's popular because it looks pretty and has a party trick for showing off one aspect of coffees.

I will say it was a fine brewer back before I knew what I was doing. The low quality ceiling was no big deal when my ability was lower and my grinder was limiting extraction anyway. But between developing skill and getting a better grinder it's quickly outgrown and becomes a bottleneck to extraction.

If you want Chemex type filtration in a less horrid device maybe get something like a St. Anthony Phoenix. The filters are at least 2:2 instead of 3:1.

Wish they paid me to do this shit.

St. Louis.

Cheapest worthwhile grinder is Aergrind. If you're looking for higher end than that I can go into detail with more options.

>Cheapest worthwhile grinder is Aergrind. If you're looking for higher end than that I can go into detail with more options.
user here I just want something quality and wont break. As long it's not too expensive. Maybe $500 tops. Doesn't have to be a hand grinder. Unless those are better?

How are french presses? That's what I've been using.

Aergrind, Feldgrind, or Lido are great quality hand grinders on the cheaper end. On the more expensive end there's Kinu and Comandante. Debatable if they're any better. I think Comandante may be, but it's unsure.

Cheapest electric that's actually better than the hand grinders is Bunnzilla. $150-$250 for a used Bunn G1 and $350 for SSP burrs (or more for worse Ditting burrs).

If you have problems hand grinding, there are cheaper worthwhile electric grinders like the Encore and Virtuoso, but they're worse than the hand grinders.

Holy shit I'm dying

~Yemen~

It's a nice coffee. Picked up a batch of green Yemen mostly just in case it gets to be impossible to get in the future with all the instability.

french presses are shit

DaFuqizAt?

Thanks for the recommendations. Looks at the Knock Feld2 grinder. May buy a v60 v2 to try out and compare to my french press also.

get a mr coffee and stfu numale

this is the chads choice

>set for 4:45am
>wake up at 5am to the smell of fresh coffee

can any of your meme machines do that? no? then kill yourselves and get to work soyboys

Why do you have an enema bottle on there

>he doesn't have a hipster barista SO who wakes up before him to take out the dog, make the dog breakfast, burr grind some local roast, and chemex that shit for the two of you

d-delet this.....

why do you all come across like jism eating filth?

Get a generic espresso machine and stop being a fucking human cunt.

What does one normally use an enema for. Think about this.

Looks like some kind of rube goldberg machine

Sounds heavenly desu

Putting liquid in one of 2 orifices. Im curious what its actually sold as though

It's for blowing air on stuff

I found your setup on reddit 6 months ago faggot.

only a redditor would care this much about coffee

exposed

Do americans actually use the crap in this thread?

Literally just get some milk, put in pick related, grind some coffee from Cairo Coffee in Manshiya, and then stick a pod of cardamom in there and you're done. You wanna get fancy, add a clove.

wtf is wrong with you coffee-niggers?

>its a fucking tripfag
die

>not just popping a no-doz

Yeah, that's how I know how people react to it in You could also "expose" me on HomeBarista, Instagram, like three different Slack groups, and an IRC from the setup.

Sorry man. Accidentally left it on from a thread on Veeky Forums where my identity was actually relevant to the posts I was making.

Don't big man Tyrone me, please.

we get it, you're a huge faggot

the very center of the autism spectrum

Don't apologize to my nigger, ask god for forgiveness

Goddamn, you have a nigger slave to make posts for you? That's some next level Old (as in old money) faggotry.

I massively prefer V60 to Chemex. Less unwieldy, easier to clean, metal version available that can't be broken. Also the Chemex's leather string ties are pretty stupid. Why use materials on a piece of food/beverage equipment that can't be sanitized?

Get an air compressor instead of using a literal enema to blow away grounds/debris. Otherwise sick setup.

What's the difference in getting a v60/wave over a cheap $2 plastic one from Daiso?

They're all pourover devices.

This is the best /coffee/ thread we've had in a while.

What is all the shit in this pic from left to right , please. I must know.

>french presses are shit

Dude, french presses are amazing

- Great cheap cold brewing device
- Can froth milk if you don't have a steam wand
- Can brew tea as well as coffee
- No need to constantly buy filter papers when you've run out, just the beans.

Every coffee lover should have at least an electric kettle, a grinder, a french press and one other coffee brewing device.

Enjoy your cancer.

I'm not the one who posted it but I'll try

From the left:
At the back is a black bin (knock bin) to collect ground coffee that's used or fell on the table

The thing with the pump handle is a manual espresso machine, I think I see it plugged into the wall so I think it's capable of heating up water inside.

Next to the expresso machine is a kitchen scale, behind it a mirror on the wall

In the middle of the table you have the components of a portafilter, the device used for making espresso:
Left to right
Baskets
Tamp (to level and press on the grounds in the basket)
Dunno what the other two are

Behind them are the beans, and on the wall is the handle for the portafilter

Next we have what looks like another scale? Behind it something with a button, and behind that a rocket-shaped douche (kidding, the OP says it's to blow air to clean up the area)

On the wall is the coffee scoop, looks about 1oz

Next we have a coffee grinder, which to me looks like a telescope

Agreed. It's the easiest way to a decent cuppa. Yeah, maybe you can do better, but to be honest, I'll take a damn good cuppa coffee over the most amazing cuppa, because how much difference is there, really?

I tried

>Great cheap cold brewing device
An ordinary bowl does as good a job.

The french press has the plunger to filter out your grounds.

For a regular bowl, you'll still need something else like filter paper or a cheesecloth.

Pretty sure "bench scraper" is a scale and "warming rack" is a 2-in-1 heat plate and magnetic stirrer.

"Butt plug" is a measuring scoop, but you knew that already. Also, "steam wand" is actually a vibrator.

Lol, "steam wand" is actually a black knock bin for used coffee grounds/grounds that get on the table.

Guess you don't travel much, or you wrap your chemex in bubble wrap.

Aeropresses are great for portability. No glass, so they're durable. A good alternative would be a metal french press

explain to me why I should use anything else.

I want to get into turkish coffee. Where do I start?

Go to a middle eastern or Mediterranean grocery store.

Ask for a coffee pot, choose the size you want

Get a stainless steel one, copper ones are the more traditional ones but they'll rust.

The coffee grounds you need to use are finer than espresso, almost powder-like.

Ask the person behind the counter any questions you may have:
E.g. How much coffee per person? Best brands? How to brew the coffee?

Go home, brew it on your stove

Enjoy.

>copper
>will rust

Buy a very good grinder. I recommend flat burr.

Experiment yourself with different cooking techniques. Everyone will give you a different answer when it comes to sugar timing, duration of boil, number of re-boils.

Enjoy your BPA you estronaut

Yeah, there are a lot of variations when making turkish coffee, most of which end up with similar results

- Adding coffee grounds at the beginning or when water has heated up
- Sugar at the beginning, or sugar cubes in your cup, bosnian style
- Stirring vs not agitating your coffee

There are also tips on how to preserve the crema-like foam on top:

- Not letting the coffee come to a rolling boil
- Scooping out the foam into each cup before pouring the coffee.

uh or you could just go to ebay and get a turkish coffee pot and then get directions via jewtube video. pretty hard to find a pure copper one but they have mixed copper/stainless, but copper is actually best because it gets hot the fastest. stainless steel takes much longer to heat up so you'll be waiting and stirring for like 8-10 mins each time you make coffee. i have a stainless steel one and it's sort of a hassle to make coffee with it but it does taste very good.

p.s. copper doesn't "rust" it just builds up a green patina over time due to oxygen, but you can wipe it off. the fact that air doesn't affect stainless steel is actually a bad thing. the best metals (copper and silver) are also great at killing bacteria and they get tarnished by air. stainless steel sucks because bacteria can survive on its surface.

You paid $40 for a beaker?

>not letting the coffee come to a rolling boil
I think this is the most important part. If it boils too vigorously the foam gets destroyed as soon as it forms. You want it boiling just enough for it to foam up.

Most recipes have this tip in common. But then they disagree about whether to let the foam rise and fall and, if so, how many times to repeat the cycle.

Tbh I'd just get pissed off at the espresso set up taking up room in my kitchen, when I just drink coffee out of my $15 drip machine to wake up.

>8-10mins

I have a stainless steel coffee pot and it heats up the water in like 2-3 mins on low heat.

^This, are chemex filters a scam? Can't you just use a glass vase?

Sorry, that's what I meant, I meant don't go to the point where the water boils too vigourously that the foam gets destroyed.

Though some say let the coffee rise and fall, and not let it roll, some say let it roll but NEVER let the water boil vigourously

>Bacteria can survive on its surface

What is cleaning before and after using the pot?

Also, you're bringing the water to a near boil, most of the bacteria will die anyway.

Unless you're living in an area with something like ebola, I doubt you have much to worry when using a steel pot for cooking.

what is the device on the far right?

Well, you likely won't need another pourover filter/drip device

How about a turkish coffee pot?

Or a french press, see for why

Has anyone ever used a siphon coffee maker?

If so, what's it like?

A grinder, or if you mean the metal object off the table at the edge of the image, that's a kettle.

Which means that he's normal?

I have one like in the pic. I grind my coffee myself so you have to make sure it is not grinded to fine, regular store bought was for that reason not useable. The coffee is stronger in taste and caffeine content than drip coffee also a bit acidy. For heating i used the stove and only rarely open flame, the stove is just faster.

What beans do you normally use?

>leaving pre-grounded coffee to sit in your machine overnight
>having pre-grounded coffee at all and claiming to have "fresh" coffee

100% arabica medium dark roast, sometimes i use espresso roast beans when i dont have other beans at home for i as of late drink mostly espresso.

The hand blown version is made in Germany, as is one of the cleaning brushes Chemex sells.
If you buy one, buy the glass handle version. The leather strap and wood collar version is annoying.

You don't know the origin of the arabica beans?

honduras

K, thanks. And you said it was strong and acidy?

I had a washed Honduras a while ago and I remember it tasting chocolaty and a little sweet, with a fruity-like aroma.

Is it worth forking out the cash for a siphon coffee maker in your opinion?

fpbp
the only thing that comes close to an Aeropress is a Moka.
>inb4 my $500 espresso machine is better
we know.

>strong and acidy
compared with the same beans out of the drip machine
I prefer it noticeably over drip coffee, when buying one try to find a model which is easy to clean idealy with a broad opening carafe, the one i have is annoying to clean beacuse my hand dosent fit through the opening.

Hmm, I guess it's not worth it for me then.

I already have an aeropress, french press, turkish coffee pot, moka pot, pourover device, and vietnamese phin. Guess I don't think I'll need a siphon in my collection.

pourover device,aeropress and french press are similar enough it would be wasted money

The french press is for reasons
I got the aeropress after that for portability
I don't really like the pourover device, or maybe it's because I haven't gotten used to using the correct ratio/time for pouring. The pourover was actually this one , so I only wasted $2 on it.

And I've yet to have gone overboard like the pic in He's got 5 pourover devices plus a metal french press and an aeropress, on top of his espresso machine and multiple grinders

I like my grind and brew. I drink a shit ton of coffee, aint nobody got time to clean grounds out of a French press 3 times a day.

Wait, hold on let me get the terms right:

Drip filter: pourover (v60/wave/chemex/etc)/batch brew/Vietnamese Phin

Other filter devices: french press/aeropress

french press is nothing like an aeropress.
the aeropress actually uses pressure to create a genuine espresso.
french press, better known as a cafetiere does not. the 'press' is only to filter out the grounds.

Mike is that you?
What did I tell you about posting on Veeky Forums at 3 in the morning?