How long should I let red wine "breathe" in a carafe for?

how long should I let red wine "breathe" in a carafe for?

depends on the wine

several hours for paint stripper, half an hour or so for something mellow

are wine aerators any good?

Yes.

can i just pour the wine into a gallon jug (so it's less than half full) and then violently shake it around so it mixes with the air, "breathing" super fast so I can drink it faster

Can't you just drink it from the bottle like a normal person

Yes.

I definitely see something I'd like to breathe in right now if you catch my drift.

BRRRRRAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPP

y cant i have thick calves like that

It's okay I'll still fuck you (show titties and effeminate penis pls)

Pour a glass, pour the rest into the carafe, every time you need a refill do so and note the difference.

Try a coravin

The Modernist Cuisine guy actually recommends throwing your wine in a blender for a minute to aerate it. Then again, it's not exactly going to aerate in a sealed container like a jug; pretty sure the idea is to get certain things to evaporate/oxidize.

cheap wine isnt going to get any better by letting it breathe. if its under $10 a bottle dont waste your time. it's still gonna be shit.

why don't they just aerate it before they put it in the bottle

kys fag

Come smother me to death with your fat, farty ass in my face

Nigga just blast it in a blender for a few seconds

So, so wrong. Sub $6 is shit like 90% of the time, but I've even had some 3 dollar wine that was fine

Get more fatty proteins in your diet and start walking on the front and toes of your feet. A lot. Duh.

>doing anything to wine

just drink it nigger.

Until you grow a pair and start drinking beer like a real man.

>man
>drinks 5% plebjuice
Would you like a marshmallow and a lollipop with that sonny?

>beer
>5%

The average beer is around 7%, and often closer to 9 or 10.

No it isn’t.
>On average, the ABV for beer is 4.5 percent; for wine, 11.6 percent ; and for liquor, 37 percent, according to William Kerr, senior scientist at the Alcohol Research Group of the Public Health Institute.
People only typically drink beer stronger than that if they’re plebs, kids, poor, or poor pleb kids. Any non-cuck drinker would step it up to wine. Yaknow, life the average girl does. For males aged over 11 it’s gonna be liquor. Give it a year and you’ll see.

Conversely, if it's over $20 don't waste your time

>Sugary hop water
>Real man

Do calf raises for sets of 15-20 at weights as high as you can manage.

That's only if you drink soyboy craft beers. Real men drink 5% pisswater cans in one go, release pent up stomach gas, and move on to the next one

hahaha
brrrraaaappp
hahahahahaha

drinking wine has genuinely gotten me laid several times. and i mean with a girl

I'm not putting ym fancy ass wine in a blender. you only use a blender when you're trying to get your $6 wine to taste like a $9 wine

>Drinking alcohol at all
>Thinks he is an adult

wow look at all these terrible opinions

Because then all the flavour components would be lost into the ether; what you described is exactly what turns wines flat and ultimately spoils them. Letting wine breathe its volatile components is part of enjoying it.

Besides, there are sparkling (carbonated) wines if that's what you prefer.

>t. frat boy with cirrhosis

Any lout who honestly thinks ABV is the alpha and omega of drinking has NO goddamn right to accuse anyone of 'pleb' taste. Refined people drink wine and other spirits because of their complex flavours, not to cram more alcohol into their blood-stream. Furthermore, craft-beers are a world apart in quality from malt-liquors, and the fact you can't discern the two betrays your Philistine nature.

Tannic wine, not cheap wine. Any wine can get better with aeration, cheap or otherwise, especially young ones.