Can you tell the gender of an author from reading their work?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/books/2011/jun/02/vs-naipaul-jane-austen-women-writers
youtube.com/watch?v=ybst6Jbg6fo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes. word to naipaul

theguardian.com/books/2011/jun/02/vs-naipaul-jane-austen-women-writers

only men can read and write, user

Lmfao

Sometimes but not always

"I felt a Funeral, in my Brain,
And Mourners to and fro
Kept treading - treading - till it seemed
That Sense was breaking through -

And when they all were seated,
A Service, like a Drum -
Kept beating - beating - till I thought
My mind was going numb -"

I've never knowingly read a female author. I can't name a female author held in high literary regard (Rowling/Rice).

No, but I can tell the gender of a poster from reading their shitposts.

Ouch!

Why are you advertising your illiteracy, faggot?

Oops, I rewrote that and missed the important part.

So no Rowling/Rice.

When it's a good writer, probably not. A shitty one tends to give away it pretty easy, specially the pathetic self-insert males. Reading through summaries of shitty amazon novels, I tend to guess the gender most times.

Felt like the typical self absorbed male point of view ... well, at least she got dick in her name.

Perfectly? No. I remember reading about some statistical analysis which showed very little actual difference when it came to syntax and grammar use
That said, you can make a decent guess from the choice of subject matter a lot of the time, it's just not entirely reliable.

>When it's a good writer, probably not
This

the only thing that you can know , it that if the book is good it is not write by a women.

are you telling us you're a girl?

Fucking misogynistic prick assholes

Who is this meathead?

Chad

>Sometimes but not always
Yep. The only book I can recall fooling me was "Never Let Me Go"

if it sucks then I immediately know it was written by a female.

>never heard of Woolf, O'Connor, Gaskell, any of the Brontes, Sappho, Shelley, Ireland, Dickinson, Shikibu

who? btw, Ireland is a country, sweetie

>Tale of Genji was written by a woman
Holy Slant-eyed Deity

you don't know what chad is do you?

yes.

McCarthy reads like his ball touch the floor even when he's standing and Jane Austen's dry dusty cunt is right there in the prose.

>Woolf is trash
She even makes fun of women authors/poets in Monday or Tuesday

I recognize it always within the first two pages and in most cases within the first.

What's this self interested male meme, I don't get it.

>Woolf,
pomo stream of conciousness trash
>O'Connor,
racist
> Gaskell,
who?
>any of the Brontes,
all trash
>Sappho,
le meme woman greek
>Shelley,
frankenstein, and that's it. and it isn't even that good.
>Ireland,
that's a country
>Dickinson,
le quirky woman recluse
>Shikibu
who?

And before you ask yes I've read most of these women.

"Literary" climate is very hostile to white men due to a misreading of post-colonial theory/feminism/intersectionalism. That's why nearly everyone here feels threatened, and don't feel like they could be published because of one side winning the so-called canon war. Maybe, some of them could get publisher here. But for the majority of them, it's bullshit.

I, however, am going to sell myself as mixed race or Middle Eastern (perhaps Kurdish) even though I'm Greek. It'll work wonders.

>>Woolf,
>pomo stream of conciousness trash

Hmmm, how do I know you've only read Mrs Dalloway for English 101

probably the same way I know you would end up sucking my cock out of respect if we ever met.

Just say you are Turkish, it wouldn't be a lie.

Ok, Tao. I'll be a good boy, daddy.

*steps behind you*
*starts gyrating grind my hard dick against your ass, you struggle at first but my big rough hands hold your body to me and there is no escape*

Yeah, even my grandfather admits his family wore fezzes in Smyrna before they were kicked out. They're both hairy and olive-skinned, and eat weird shit like rice wrapped in grape vines. I think the genocide was based purely on religion/language. Don't tell Cenk though.

I-is that you, Rolfy?
youtube.com/watch?v=ybst6Jbg6fo