Is Veeky Forums the oldest and most mature board...

Is Veeky Forums the oldest and most mature board? I feel like everybody here is a grandpa in his 50s/mid 40s and i'm the only one under 30. You're all very nice tho.

It's pretty sad that this board is considered the nicest of anything after the great /pol/ + plebbit invasion of '16. Thanks anyways, though.

It's definitely my favourite for a quasi-normal conversation after Veeky Forums, and I've gotten some great recipe ideas in here. 34 y.o. oldfriend reporting in.

Wow shut the fuck up newfag. I'm 31 been here 11 years. With breaks several years long. Started on /b/. Got tired of retards and Gore posters.

/k/ and Veeky Forums pretty knowledgeable. /pol/ is the only non blue board worth mentioning. Still to fast a board to have a decent conversation. Imho.

I bet the head on that tastes delicious.

you sound like an aspie

Even after that it's still the easiest to squeeze a real discussion out of, though. A lot of Veeky Forums has been ruined by that stuff, unfortunately. Been on here since 2006.

I'd serve you a fresh ass pie with a nice warm shit. All you can eat boy.

I came to this board for a trailer park cook book
I stayed for the top bantz

I'd imagine that Veeky Forums would be full of /boomers/, but I don't really know because I don't lurk there.

kekddit invaded back in 2011 newfag.

>I feel like everybody here is a grandpa in his 50s/mid 40s
That's mainly contained to the bread threads.

>Invasion of 2016

You fucking what lad? The war was lost around 2010. Oldfags still ride the rollercoaster because we know the old motto, the ride never ends. We can't get off.

t. faggot

The people there don't seem to have had much real business experience, so I don't think so.

>muh /pol/

The real issue with this place right now is the faggots trying to turn this into le epic shitposting board a la /tv/

Of course I'm a faggot. That's our banner.

Say something clever or nothing.

So shitposting about niggers and spics on a food board is better than shitposting about food on a food board?

I'm pretty sure it's the same group of people that move between multiple boards.

/po/ is the most civilized board

What do you mean "right now"? I hang around for a few weeks every year, and it's always the same. Last time I was here Jack posting was de rigueur, which was worse if anything.

/pol/ is a problem but not the biggest problem on Veeky Forums like it is on other boards like /v/ and /tv/. Like this guy said shitposting is Veeky Forums's biggest issue. Why do we need a secret aardvark thread every day? Why does every thread have to devolve to faggots argue about which one of them is a soyboy. It's all just shitposting.

>right now
Funny thing is the moment you leave it stops.

>le
That was always a reddit thing you newfag.

You need to wake up to the world and realise that product placement advertising exists on the internet and some viral marketers will resort to indulging in fake debates in order to keep their thread bumped and on full display.

For me it's the McRamen.

>/pol/ invasion
You cant invade your own place

I think /diy/ and Veeky Forums probably have the older demographics. Ive seen many people post here saying they are early 30s. Which os probably older than some boards but probably not the oldest.

This board is slow as shit. No big company would bother advertising here.

/pol/ is the epitome of childish cringe and is in no way like Veeky Forums.

jesus

biz is college freshmen buying high and selling low

this.
reminder that there are no /pol/tard, only libcucks that missed on their way to reddit

yeah, right. every time i indulge in a gourmet big mac i just can't wait to get on the internet and tell my anonymous friends all about it!

mmmm, bois. i'm macfucken lovin' it!!

fair enough. thanx for the insights.

/diy/ has people who own homes and have families. /out/ also has older people

Yeah I've never really used /pol/ and have stuck to these niche boards over the years. The difference in posting is mostly retards complaining about /pol/ because they can't handle seeing the word nigger and think it's part of some sort of invasion or conspiracy.

>tfw I was one of the oldfags that fled to 7chan in 06
wft why can't I leave, I can't get enough of this shit

I blame /pol/ for all of my failures because that's what Hillary told me to do. Never trust a cartoon frog, they said. He's the devil!

>/pol/ isnt to blame for constant off-topic thread-derailing rants about ebil libruls and shitskins

People blame /pol/ for boards getting shittier because the election brought in a shitload of people who can't go 5 minutes without talking about politics. Which ruins discussion for anyone wanting to talk about the topic of their respective board.
Also Checked.

Boy, that new game sure looks bad.

Agreed

This. That and the fact that it's exclusively 'babby's first politics' extremist shit.

What does this even mean? You think that white nationalists are this completely other thing that are invading your safe space on Veeky Forums? No, this is a cooking board on an imageboard. /pol/ was here before Veeky Forums.

I really don't understand this shit. You people go on and on about this and you're the ones who always derail threads. Every time. You're doing it right now. You're wrong about your theory on the election too. Yes, traffic probably increased, but it didn't radically change the people who use this imageboard. What really happened is between 2007 and now everything got really political. Everything and everywhere got really political and everyone has that cancer on the mind. You're a dishonest sack of shit if you pretend you're somehow immune from that too. You're just not engaged and get irrationally upset because other people are engaged. Veeky Forums isn't a politics board and it's pretty fucking easy to ignore the shit when it comes up even though i'm sure you're the fags who post "inbf pol" in every thread. If you really can't handle whatever you consider political cancer, which probably isn't even political, it's just something that upsets you, unironically go to reddit or go make your own board on infinity. I'm so tired of this "muh /pol/" posting. When was the last time you saw a Trump general on Veeky Forums? I mean get over yourselves.

I agree entirely.

Sadly it's the losing team that keeps bringing it up because they voted with their heart and not with their head, so they took the loss personally. They didn't just vote for a leader of a political party, they voted for their gender and in effect themselves. So when Hillary lost they felt like they lost.
Fault lies with that evil wretched woman Hillary for making it personal.

Then she had the audacity to burn all of her supporters in her consession speech.
Disgusting.

I think there's obviously assholes on both sides who can't help but bring it up. Out in the world outside of this site it's definitely the left who always brings it up though. On Veeky Forums it's about an even split I guess, where as on a board like /v/ is always right wings who have to throw a fit anytime they see a black guy in a game.

>complains about /pol/ boogieman
>admits to using /v/
color me surprised

>/pol/ was here before Veeky Forums
Then they should know even better to keep politics on /pol/. Since /b/ was here before /pol/, should they post non-stop trap and loli and loli trap threads on /pol/? Didn't think so.

>you're the ones who derail threads
Are you implying that I'm a liberal? because I'm not. Nor am I a conservative. On this board, I am nothing but a part-time cook. I call out bullshit off-topic posting when I see it, and I see this most in /pol/-tier posts. If I saw it more in the other side, that's what I'd take issue with. Don't get me wrong here, turning this place into a liberal shithole is just as bad as turning it into a conservative shithole. I'm here to discuss food and cooking, not politics.

>yes traffic probably increased
>probably

>but it didn't change the people who use this imageboard
Laughably inaccurate.

>it's pretty easy to ignore this shit
Sure, it's totally easy to ignore politics derailing every other thread on a good day. And yeah, everyone should just ignore it and not call it out when they see it. I'm sure you wouldn't feel any differently then if people constantly derailed threads with liberal bullshit then either, right? Absolutely fucking not, you would be screeching autistically at them. And I would join you, because this is a food and cooking board, not a politics board.

Well said.

no

32 here. Mostly lurked since 2006, started out on /b/ but gradually drifted to Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, and here. I don't know if this is the oldest or most mature board, but it definitely flies in the face of the public perception of Veeky Forums as a rat's nest of Nazis, angry incels, ponyfuckers, paedos and edgy skiddies.

Eat shit

Fuck off to the Martha Stewart website if you don't like it. There are plenty of places for normalfags to discuss food and cooking on the internet. There's only one Veeky Forums.

>should they post non-stop trap and loli and loli trap threads on /pol/
they do actually, because a board having a topic doesn't mean it's explicitly concerned with that specific topic, as in we can recognize that a nigger run McDonalds is always far worse than one in the suburbs even though niggers don't necessarily have anything to do with food or cooking. maybe the problem here is you being an annoying faggot who get offended when you're not allowed to live in fantasy land where politics are separate from everything else

>Are you implying that I'm a liberal?
i'm implying that you're an annoying faggot

Not that guy, but kindly proceed immediately to eating shit and fucking off. Screaming your extremist, puerile, childish politics in peoples' faces on a totally unrelated board would be the end of Veeky Forums. Fuck off to /pol/ if you want to discuss that tedious crap.

depends on time of day sometimes it like nothing but angry alcoholics

>on a board like /v/ is always right wings who have to throw a fit anytime they see a black guy in a game.
kek. I know I shouldn't laugh but that just sounds pretty funny to me.

I think that too many people on Veeky Forums point at /pol/ when they see something here they don't like, and in doing so they reveal that they're still bitter about the election loss because their subconcious mind sees an enemy in /pol/ even when the enemy before them has nothing to do with politics. It's like they genuinely see /pol/ as the devil and the root of all negativity. /pol/ has become a metaphorical common enemy for those who still feel pain about losing the election.
Because those who backed the winning team don't feel that pain, so don't cry "/pol/" every time they get triggered by something.

>rate my food!
>i don't like it
>zomg go back to /pol/. reeee
Basically "stop saying things that I don't want to hear!".

Proof: >Fuck off to /pol/

And there's a board for dumb niggers who want to talk about politics all day. If they don't want to talk about food and cooking they should go there.

Stop creating totally unnecessary conflict on a board which is in no way related to politics, you dense motherfucker.

>i'm the only one under 30
24 here, but I mostly lurk.

30-40 is my guess. Also mostly alcholololics.

this is so true. i think it's late friday night in usa somewhere right now. people unwinding after a busy week of begging for tips

Everyone in the catering industry seems to be an alcoholic

>I think that too many people on Veeky Forums point at /pol/ when they see something they don't like
I think this is a good point. In reality it probably isn't anons from /pol/ it's normalfags who were attracted by /pol/ but infested the other boards thinking they are all supposed to be different flavors of /pol/

>>next ingredient (((kosher salt)))
>>happymerchant.png
>"back to /pol/"
>"lol its not even /pol/ you triggered plebbitor"

>I think that too many people on Veeky Forums point at /pol/ when they see something here they don't like
As someone who lurks a good handful of boards, that's not unique to Veeky Forums. Politics have a much, much bigger presence online than they have had in the past, so it's unsurprising that insults and taunts would have a more political tint to them, as opposed to the obstensibly more obvious boogeymen of /r9k/ and /b/.
Yeah, remember the last time you saw someone acting like a retard to "go back to /b/?" Me neither.

>It's like they genuinely see /pol/ as the devil and the root of all negativity.
No. All extremists, left or right. You fucking morons scream and shout at eachother, which makes the other side scream and shout back. Ridiculous exaggerations, intentional lies just to be offensive, generally being fucking retards to eachother, thereby strengthening eachother and ruining your own lives by being retarded extremists. Feminists are savaged just as immediately as some child screaming that hitler did nothing wrong. You're the cause of all of the conflict, retarded, childish extremist bullshit is the problem, and there's absolutely no reason to bring it here, where relatively normal, non-extremist people just want to discuss cooking instead of actually enjoying kicking up shit.

>denial
the first step to solving a problem is admittng that the problem exists.

sand
------
your head

>Yeah, remember the last time you saw someone acting like a retard to "go back to /b/?" Me neither.
fucking great point. 10/10

See Not everyone here is a 14yo who thinks he has knowledge of secret conspiracies which apparently only other angry children can understand. Some people have heard it all before and given that they can see the bigger picture, dismiss it as irrelevant and refuse to talk about it because it's not only futile, it's also massively inflammatory and ruins any hope of conversation about anything but the tedious subject you want to scream in peoples' faces. Fuck off to /pol/, tumblr, whatever your chosen flavour of boring, narrow-minded extremism may be - go be annoying there.

25 to 33 is the age of this board i reckon.

I really really don't think this is the case. You guys are assuming that the normalfag problem is /pol/ but you don't really see that much normalfaggotry on /pol/, you see it on /gif/, /r9k/, /b/, and /v/. The past couple years you had people like Pewdiepie doing streams where they go to /gif/ and harvest content. You have people coming directly from reddit and tumblr to LARP as robots on /r9k/ and this is the big one, you have millions of people on Facebook pretending to be le edgy 4channers and coming here. I know this because I used to use FB a lot last year to do data mining and fuck with normalfags. The whole young FB generation is sharing green text stories and going to /gif/ to watch YLYL videos.

>vegans and people who post merchants are "extremists" while i'm a super cool non-extremist who's above it all
amazing

Like i'm pointing out, you should though. You should tell people to go back to /b/ and Facebook. That's where they're coming from. Normalfags don't have the attention span to deal with a /pol/ thread that isn't a based in memes or ecelebs.

>Not everyone here is a 14yo
that's where i stopped reading. if you want to be treated like a sensible adult then i suggest that you start talking like one, and not projecting falsehoods with zero merit.

People who bring that B O R I N G shit to T O T A L L Y unrelated boards are the problem, not those who just want you to fuck off back to your containment boards/sites and suck eachother off there instead. There's more to life than being a tranny or wishing you were Hitler. Fuck OFF.

>calls people he's talking to "14 yo angry children"
>then procedes to complain about people being "massively inflammatory and ruin[ing] any hope of conversation"
is this real life

Jesus fuck can all you do is spout memes? You're about as bad as the caricatures you describe

>/pol/ shows up
>Thread is filled with people screaming hatred at eachother
Never thought I'd see the day.
Hugely cooking related too. Great thread.

>literally the first reply is some retard complaing about the pol boobieman
>"/pol/ shows up"
and nice samefag, guy

>R E D D I T spacing
(You) need to go back.

That's actually a Facebook thing. Again, calling them out on their specific bullshit actually does get to them.

In other news; those chips are burned.

Fair enough. I agree that we need to go back to blaming /b/ for everything like the good old days when /b/ was never good.

I’m 22 so you’re not alone, daddy

/b/ is the same shit it's been for years but you should go look at /r9k/ because it's literally just FB and tumblr now

/r9k/ is just a bunch of faggots arguing about who is and is not a normalfag because being pretentious about their gay loser club is all they have apparently.

For any faggots who want to discuss food and be all right-wing and shit, please go here

For any faggots who want to discuss food and be all left-wing and shit, please go here

>>>tumblr

Everyone else may stay.

This thread was doomed from the start considering the OP didn't ask a food related question.

Lmao this. Who here remembers the great carbonara wars

Yeah Veeky Forums is pretty roached. Been lurking around since 2005.
I used to like late night /x/ and Veeky Forums chat during the day. Can't even look at /x/ anymore.

I'm old, but I can't be the only one skewing your perception that way, unless we participate in the same threads. I'm 49. Was early adopter of the internet with FidoNet and Prodigy. Loved SA back in the day, but it stopped being funny by 2004. So by 2005 I found where all the cool kids went, right around the time social media blew up. And I wanted no part of that shit, so I just stayed here. Still have the old school prejudice that giving out real info about yourself on the internet is insane, because internet and rl are supposed to be different. Seems like no one believes that anymore. So yeah, there's at least one grandpa here, though I don't have grandkids yet.

>it's literally just FB and tumblr
all the more reason to stay away, to be desu.

you seem bitter. if you don't like it don't go there.

>starts a Veeky Forums thread on /pol/
>expects success
I really, really, really want to see flags on Veeky Forums.

I mean really.

I just see it as kind of lame because people used to post funny stories there every once in a while. Now it's just r/incels: Veeky Forums edition

No, see, you don't understand just how bad it is. Those people are pretending to be gay losers. They're really just normalfags and women from tumblr and facebook. I know because i am a gay loser and used /r9k/ almost religiously until late 2016 when i just couldn't anymore. I go there now and it's nothing but normalfags trying to contrive this false sense of pity and belonging for themselves. It really blows my mind honestly. /r9k/ used to be so much fun and is where all the top tier losers and creeps went to post their shit. Now someone mentions piss bottles and instead of intrigue it's met with legitimate disgust from all the posters.

/x/ is abysmal now and it's dead too, normalfags who are into spooky stories are incapable of posting decent stories or responding to them in a constructive way. it's just a trainwreck of cringeworthy nonsense

>feels
ok. nice chat.

Have a good night user.

>he wants flagposting on any board besides /bant/

rekt

been browsing Veeky Forums since 06 or 07, over a decade in any case

yeah flags on Veeky Forums would just devolve every thread into burger posting

I am a 43 year olf yellow cabbie in NYC

Do you hit up Punjabi Deli when you're in the EV?

Sometimes I do but I am not Punjabi...