Does anyone here work in a two/three michelin star kitchen?

Does anyone here work in a two/three michelin star kitchen?

What kind of credentials do you need to work in one?

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/Are-three-star-Michelin-restaurants-profitable
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Usually a degree from meme school and the willingness to work yourself to death for free.

Nobody working in a kitchen like that would have anything to gain from fucking around on Veeky Forums.

Nobody ever gained anything from Veeky Forums yet here we are

Doesn't refute my statement.

Just one, but we were close to two this year.

How drunk am I? I don't remember posting this.

>Just one, but we were close to two this year.
that's pretty cool
can you tell us what restaurant it is?

how do you know you were close to two? What do you do?

>Doesn't refute my statement.
I don't think he meant to refute your statement

he is simply just saying that yes, this is a tine sink, yet we spend our time here all the same

and having a prestigious occupation doesn't mean you don't browse Veeky Forums either

I have talked to doctors, lawyers, engineers of all kinds on Veeky Forums, heck, there are plenty of software engineers at top tier companies on /g/

I've staged at a one star restaurant in Chicago. Really all you have to do is ask, but it helps if you know somebody who works there. Just say that you want to learn and do be very humble. You'll do shit like cleaning lettuce and making purees, but at least you'll actually be in a michelin-starred kitchen.

I see what you mean, thanks for the clarification.

>how do you know you were close to two? What do you do?
he doesn't. this is just what * places tell themselves to make up for the bitter disappointment.

>all you have to do is ask

Let me clarify this. Go to the restaurant during off hours, like in between lunch and dinner service (around 4 pm). Ask at the front if you can speak with the sous chef or kitchen manager. This person will be very busy, so keep your introduction short, look very presentable, and explain that you have massive respect for the restaurant and would like to do a stage (pronounced stahj) some time. If, judging by this brief interaction, they can tell that you are a cool, humble person, then they will let you in to work for free.

not be a cunt

Nigga William Shatner has tweeted /tv/ memes

>not be a cunt
I bet a lot of pretentious cunts work in three star kitchens

>If, judging by this brief interaction, they can tell that you are a cool, humble person, then they will let you in to work for free.
at what point can you get paid for working though

>Nobody working in a kitchen like that would have anything to gain from fucking around on Veeky Forums.
I don't even think they get paid a lot
Servers probably make a killing in tips though, but that's not really kitchen staff

entertainment.

>I've staged at a one star restaurant in Chicago. Really all you have to do is ask, but it helps if you know somebody who works there. Just say that you want to learn and do be very humble. You'll do shit like cleaning lettuce and making purees, but at least you'll actually be in a michelin-starred kitchen.
Do you currently work in a kitchen? Or did you stage just for the experience?

Yet a 3-star Michelin chef is probably the guy on here making /sip/ threads and posting McChicken memes while smoking a cigarette on break.

True fucking story. I used to be shilling indigo children threads on /x/ while on break working at a two-star Michelin restaurant a decade ago. I've met senior systems designers for Google (not on this board but others) and shit doesn't surprise me anymore. Especially after it was found out Taylor Swift goes on /b/

hey you should answer OPs prompt

do you still work in the culinary industry? What do you do now? Is it worth it to get into or no?

No, I despise cooking/prepping for others now. Now I'm a freelance software developer and make more than I did at that restaurant. Is it worth it? Sure, it gives you a sense of accomplishment working for such a prestigious restaurant.

do the head chefs at prestigious restaurants even make good money?

At the end of the day, besides the prestige I don't think having a high class restaurant is actually a very profitable business

everyone on Veeky Forums makes at least 500k a year, drives a german luxury sedan and has a hot girlfriend that lets them take naked pictures to post on Veeky Forums. didnt you know that?

>everyone on Veeky Forums must be a loser like me!

If you're a line cook at a nice place for a while you'll usually see some nice raises in hopes of keeping you there. Chefs usually have good salaries and benefits. Also you pretty much eat for free every time you work.

im not the one with chinese cartoons saved on my computer.

so like every other well paying job

>he doesn't have anime reaction images

Do the owners at prestigious restaurants tend to be the head chefs?

Or are the head chefs employees that just get a salary like everywhere else?

What kind of salary could be expected for a head chef, sous chef, cook, etc at a high ranking restaurant

No, owner is the guy with the money. All the Michelin stars here are owned by rich guys. The head chef is just the owner's employee.

>Taylor Swift goes on /b/
moot debunked that handily

Can the head chef at a michelin star restaurant expect to make 300k+?

Do sous chefs, senior cooks, etc make 150k+?

How much profit does the owner actually take home?

actually I found something kinda relevant
quora.com/Are-three-star-Michelin-restaurants-profitable

lol no. Sous chefs make maybe 50k, and even then that's only if they get to share in the tips (back of house sharing in tips is common though). They also work 12 hours a day, so that's the equivalent of making $33k for a normal 8 hour day.
There's no such thing as a "senior" cook. A line cook is a line cook, nobody cares how long he's been there, he has no "seniority". $10-15/hr, many are working for free for the experience, and all are easily replaceable if they ask for anything more than that.
The head chef at McDonald's Corporation probably makes more than the head chef at a Michelin star.

>The head chef at McDonald's Corporation probably makes more than the head chef at a Michelin star.
...no shit?

The head research chef at mcdonalds probably makes millions

none of these Hot Pocket boys work in a restaurant unless it's fast food

Three people in this thread alone have worked for Michelin star restaurants

everyone in this thread is a liar. im not even american, trust me you little faggot.

quads dont lie.

holy fucking shit quints

I did this exact thing before I got hired at a restaurant in SF. They told me to bring my knives and I worked for free on a Fri night. They liked me and offered me a job the next day.

Bring your knives? What did you do the first day there? Any tips on how to be likeable

Not him, but have been hired 4 times from staging. Basically just be really positive, try your best, and listen to what people say. No matter what, people are gonna mess with you a little bit because you're the new guy, but as long as you keep a smile and are obviously trying to be a part of the team, you won't have any problems.

>yuro gets their one chance in the spotlight with quints
>obsesses over Americans

typical

Most cooks that work in higher end private restaurants use their on knife kits. My first night I did some prep (cutting mushrooms/making easy sauces) then worked on the line essentially plating up side dishes for the saute cook. My experience was mainly prepping but I worked saute/fish stations in the past.

>he didnt get it

>he didn't get that he actually did get it