Do people actually enjoy the taste of ghost peppers or are they in it for the meme heat?

Do people actually enjoy the taste of ghost peppers or are they in it for the meme heat?

I never had a ghost pepper what does it taste like

you feel a burning sensation not much taste otherwise it's not like scotch bonnet, madame janeatte, adjoema etc which have a fruity taste. It's just terribly hot

Is the sweetness I taste just my mouth having a seizure from the heat then?

All the sauces I've had have legitimately good flavor, plus the heat tends to be more bearable than many other meme peppers. You just can't use more than a few drops at a time because the heat will blow the flavor out of the water

It tastes a bit like a regular pepper, but not as good. It is mostly for heat. The Trinidad moruga scorpion peppers I grew were like eating a fruit roll up they were so fruity and sweet, but then the heat hits.

They taste great. Same kind of flavor you get from a Scotch Bonnet, habanero or Trinidad Scorpion. These all have a great flavor, but it comes with quite a bit of heat. By the time you have a decent amount of flavor from these peppers your food isn't just spicy, it's very spicy. Which is why I really like Trinidad Seasoning peppers - same flavor, but with very little heat. Using them along with their hotter cousins allows you to ramp up that particular pepper flavor without the heat level being totally insane.

Whenever I get my hands on some I'm planning on giving them an alcohol soak. maybe even for a day or so.
Since capsaicin is alcohol soluable, after scraping the insides and letting it soak that should be able to get rid of most of the heat. I mostly want to see what the actual flavor of them is so I can judge it on that alone, if it's fruity maybe even make it into a dessert.

The thing about peppers is the dopamine rush you can get from them. The problem is that after you eat hot pepper, and the chemicals kick in, you lose sensation in your mouth and the tolerance to capsaicin is raised so you need more heat to get the same effect. You can eat corn chips which cause micro abrasion to the roof of your mouth and tongue and allow more of the capsaicin to take effect but then you end up with sore gums and roof of mouth along with grinding your teeth down like I have done over the years. The best method for getting your time and moneys worth of the capsaicin rush is to start off with relatively mild amount of pepper and slowly increase heat levels until you are spent. I buy large amounts of ground ceyenne pepper spice for this reason, as I can slowly introduce it to all my food and I stopped eating corn chips. For Salsa I try to use chicharones, or maybe some potato chips as the salt and crispy texture can still cause microabrasion on the roof of the mouth but it isn't hard enough that it wears down your teeth.

I've only had it dried but for the first half minute it tasted like cayenne without the heat. Then it kicked in and I just got burning.

Ghost peppers taste great though. If you want a shitty tasting superhot try the Trinidad Scorpion Butch T.

You aren't supposed to chop up a whole ghost pepper and throw it in a dish, you are supposed to poke small holes into a ghost pepper and put it in the dish for a short time to carefully dose the hotness. Tastes great with sweet stuff by the way.

I grow these each year and find them quite fruity. Added them to a habanero sauce I made and it was perfect

Sorry, I confused the Butch T with the Trinidad Moruga Scorpion. There shouldn't be that much difference in taste but apparently some people think they taste like battery acid and others think it has a fruity flavor. I never got the fruity flavor.

Then drink it.

best to mix in some garlic cloves, oregano, and make a capsaicin tincture for colds and coughs

>Pepper eaters are drug addicts.
We need to make this shit illegal.

I'd love to try ghost pepper sauce, but if it's just empty spiciness it can't be that worthwhile. Half the fun of hot sauce is the addition of flavor layers.

That was the plan, burning shots.
That actually sounds interesting.

>We need to make this shit illegal.
Because that TOTALLY stopped people from being opiate addicts and Prohibition-era alcoholics.

>laws don't work because people don't follow them!
That's how they go to prison, user. Multiple offenses mean more years. When people are in prison, they are away from the general population.

I find that sauces that aren't super hot are the most tasty. My favorite sauce for flavor is Who Dares Burns! Naga Chipotle Chilli Sauce. It's has a nice smoky flavor, but since it lacks some heat i add a few drops of Blair's sudden death sauce.

taste is pretty good, I wouldn't recommend straight ghost peppers unless you have a high enough tolerance to taste the pepper itself though. Alternatively this is a bit less spicy but has a great smoky taste. All the trader joe's salsa and other spicy things are trash but this shit is fantastic

I'm in it for the heat.

forgot image

Ghost peppers which are almost indistinguishable from bhut jolokia naga jolokia and a whole bunch of similar indian varieties do have their own flavor.
They are hot and do taste like chiles but they have a slightly "fermented" quality almost funky like a hard cheese. I dont mean that to sound negative. The flavor is wonderful but its buried so deeply in the heat. If you use ghost peppers enough to develop a tolerance for the heat you will begin to recognize the unique flavor. It is distinct from the "fruity" quality attributed to habaneros and the like.

When people refer to the "battery acid" quality of hot chiles it is the result of capsicum extract being added to the sauce to raise the heat index and is not related to the specific chile in the sauce.
Ghost peppers actually taste pretty good.
Want to find out? Buy one. Cut a good sized piece from the bottom of the chile... Just avoid the whole upper third with the seeds and membrain. Soak a piece overnight in a solution of milk and salt. This will draw out the capsaisin and enhance the flavor. Rinse well and eat.

dont do this it will make mustard gas

I use smoked ghost pepper flakes that taste pretty good. I wouldn't just eat a whole raw pepper like those jackasses on youtube though.

A lot of the super hot peppers have a nice citrus flavor and aroma if they're grown properly.

I eat those paqui ghost pepper chips every night. How much hotter is actual pepper commonly diluted in meals?

And as we all know, there's no drugs in prison.

Who cares what's in prison. The point is to remove them from the general populace. If they decide to do drugs there, by all means go for it. Just means harsher sentencing if they get caught.

Cool dude who follows his emotional response to criminality instead of all the leading research.

And what does that research show? "Punishment doesn't work"? "Prisoners can do things they shouldn't"? Neither matter. There's no emotion behind this. It's logical if you want to keep the general population away from people with no respect for the law or safety.

I disagree, nagas have a very distinctive flavour, almost citrus.