America, you steered me wrong before with some of your dishes (Boston baked beans were revolting)...

America, you steered me wrong before with some of your dishes (Boston baked beans were revolting). However you restored my trust in you with Brunswick stew (North Carolina style).

I used chicken thigh meat. I left out the tomatoes, swapped okra and pork for green beans and bacon but I'm glad I did. This was utterly delicious. So far I think the American South has way better food than the North.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M5XXU47q9js
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brunswick_stew
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>the American South has way better food than the North.
facts

>This was utterly delicious. So far I think the American South has way better food than the North.
We really do.

I grew up in NC and god, I love Brunswick stew. Pic related is very good in a pinch if you don't have time to make your own.

I learned to make red beans and rice last year. That is damn good also.
I'm OP and I live in Ireland. We wouldn't have that in our stores, you're lucky to have tins of this delicious thing. Does mine look remotely like the real deal? (I had soaked up the liquid with bread before taking the pic so it looks a little dry)

i'm NC native and don't like brunswick stew, idk what it is :( sorry

Yeah, yours isn't bad looking at all! Traditionally, however, Brusnwick stew always contains some kind of tomatoes (usually tomato sauce, or maybe passata in your case?)

Thanks user. I did buy a tin of tomatoes but something about the idea of tomatoes and potatoes together didn't read like a combination I'd enjoy so I left them out.

Check this shit out.
youtube.com/watch?v=M5XXU47q9js

>I made something completely different to the recipe
Bait or retard

>the recipe is known to be inherently variable
>i made 2 changes
Being this uninformed.

Lol, i live in north carolina and never heard of Brunswick stew. where are you getting your "american recipes" ?

How the fuck do you live in the South East and not know what brunswick stew is?
Get the fuck out, yankee.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brunswick_stew

I spend a surprising amount of time in the food portal looking for interesting recipes to attempt you carpetbagger!

Northern states don't have sweet tea. It's an absolute travesty.

We also don't have anything near your obesity rate

I don't suffer from fatties in my vicinity. I suffer when I lack sweet tea.
I'm pretty sure our entire country is pretty bad on the obesity thing and you forgot our racial demographics differ from yours. You'll catch up though.

t. whitetrash brown sugar water drinker detected.

>Boston baked beans
You made a side dish and ate it as a meal?

>stew with potatoes not gone to lob

that's not a stew

Honestly I haven't had sweet tea in a while but I drink a fuck ton of soda. I'm ready to die, you fucks are cursed by having to live on this planet longer than me. Have you ever considered that?

Apparently so