What's the deal with heavy metal poisoning? I love to eat tuna and sardines and other canned fish...

What's the deal with heavy metal poisoning? I love to eat tuna and sardines and other canned fish. Is there any real danger?

Other urls found in this thread:

chriskresser.com/5-reasons-why-concerns-about-mercury-in-fish-are-misguided/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>lead or mercury in tuna
No you idiot.

Any fish that eats other fish will have mercury. Your body can keep up with about 2 serves of tuna/swordfish etc; per week in terms of flushing out mercury.

What will happen if I eat more than that?

Quit eating fish.

Sardines have very low mercury. Unless you're blowing through several tins everyday, your body should have no problem handling it.

how about those farmed tuna like the ones they herd as young ones and then feed in a pen or I heard one place was able to grow them from sperm and egg

don't they feed them stuff that doesn't have mercury? I guess it does't matter cause all that sfuff goes to sushi restaruants

Mercury scares are just crypto antivax. It's safe to inject babies with tiny quantities of mercury, and it's safe for a full grown adult to ingest far greater quantities. You just don't want to be handling large amounts of it like the old school hatters.

You know we do it right, a fishy every night, it's a bomber, it's a bomber

Its because plebs don't like maiden

I think I am getting mercury poisining from all the GASH I have been slurpin, hehehe hehehe

You start to smell funny

Confirmed. 12 or high as fuck.

What did the blind man say as he walked by the fish market?

>not catching fish like a real man

pathetic

Actually, historically women were the ones doing the fishing in the Inuit culture, bigot.

Good morning, ladies (male).

Nice. I see you are a man of class, like me.

It makes you retarded, but you're going to die in a few years anyway, so it really doesn't matter.

In tuna, yes, sardines, no.

>2 tins a week
Maybe if you're a manlet baby
I have two a day since 6 years and I'm fine, faggot

tits or gtfo roastie
mantits or gtfo soyboy

Like you could even handle it, euroboi

Your metal intake won't reach dangerous levels just as long as you don't eat the can itself

mercury is really only a problem if you're a pregnant mother.

Also, selenium binds to and neutralizes mercury, most fish contain enough selenium to negate the effects of the mercury they contain - including tuna.

>chriskresser.com/5-reasons-why-concerns-about-mercury-in-fish-are-misguided/

>Mercury is only harmful because it binds to selenium and prevents it from performing its vital roles in the brain. As long as you are eating fish that contains more selenium than mercury, the amount of selenium in the body will always be in plentiful excess of mercury. That means that these essential selenoenzymes are never inhibited to a meaningful degree. Fortunately, the vast majority of fish most people consume have more selenium than mercury. The exceptions are pilot whale, shark, tilefish, king mackerel and swordfish.

i don't really care 'cause i'm not a pregnant, or a breastfeeding mother.

Skipjack tuna (chunk light) isn't really tuna but compared to canned tuna it tastes better and has about 1/3rd as much mercury.

>sardines
One of the lowest mercury-laced fish, go crazy.

It'll build up in your system and cause problems, one of which I know is brain damage.

You lie! I've been eating tons of canned, fancy smoked oysters for years and have not seen any ill effects.

Oysters don't build up the toxins like tuna salmon do

OP this retarded faggot is what you turn into if you ingest too much mercury, be careful.

Oysters are pretty clean, they're on the bottom of the food chain so unless they're from dirty waters no worries.

>Hate the aftertaste of tuna
>Canned chicken tastes better and doesnt give your mercury poisoning

They're all from China. I'm safe, right?

No chinese oysters are raised in wastewater, never buy those (Reese farm them)

Ive been a long time tuna consumer, benefited from the starkist lawsuit and got 1000$ in cans for free. Stopped eating them because it causes great problems in my digestion.

Can only find Chinese oysters; will eat them anyway.

>2 servings
And what's that? I've eaten an entire can of tuna before. Am I fucked?

Yes, it'll give you the gay

>selenium
So basically just eat brazil nuts when eating fish to be safe?

I eat 5-7 cans of tuna a week and have for 10 years, never had any problems whatsoever. It's healthy and delicious. I buy the good Italian tuna though, not crappy bumblebee or whatever.

>that pic

Hello grandma.

Then may God have mercury on your soul

No, it's fear-mongering.

tldr, i grew out of heavy metal when i was like 16