Have you ever been to a restaurant shown on triple d?

how was it? was it expensive? did you go again?

Other urls found in this thread:

foodnetwork.com/restaurants/az/phoenix/la-santisima-gourmet-taco-shop-restaurant
tvfoodmaps.com/restaurant/CA/Santa-Barbara/Nortons-Pastrami-and-Deli
anthonysseafood.net/anthonys-seafood-on-dinners-drive-ins-and-dives/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

One day I was going to lunch and I ate in a place across the street from a restaurant while they were filming a segment for it.

I was in the better, cheaper restaurant.

good to know who the real el chappo was all along.

I've been to a couple, they were good nothing as crazy amazing as he makes it seem of course. The prices seemed pretty average for the locations

this

I went to this one
foodnetwork.com/restaurants/az/phoenix/la-santisima-gourmet-taco-shop-restaurant

It was pretty good

I used to eat at one regularly during my lunch break. After they filmed there it became super crowded and made it impossible for me to fit eating there into my lunch break anymore.

Used to eat at Mike's Tavern in Seattle once in a while. It's not a really expensive place and it got a little busier after being on the show, but it's pretty tucked away from the tourist hot spots so it was never super busy.

whales rib in deerfield beach

10/10 i go once every couple months

Yeah, I'd been going to it for about 10 years before it appeared on the show. It's not that good but the Rocket Platter was a lot of OK food for a low price.

I was actually stunned it was considered noteworthy enough to appear on DDD. They must've run out of material.

I went to Moroccan Bites in San Antonio, TX. It sucked shit. Service was piss poor too.

Pic not related

>charlotte native
>grew up going to all the drive ins
>wowee theyre gonna be on triple d
>tfw the penguin changed owners and is now the diamond
>tfw the quality has suffered

just checked the NC page on the site, lots have been added. really though, there's nothing better than a 1950s drive in cheeseburger with pickles, chili, and mustard with a side of onion rings

>be guy fieri
>get paid big bucks to travel, eat food, and pretend it's unique or good on national television
>still act like a douche

Don't lie, that photo is totally related.

No, it was a ghost pepper wing from Popeye's

Ya. I've been going to this place my entire life and now it's coated wall to wall in Guy Fieri garbage. They also did some kind of legal loophole shittery to basically steal the car he drives in the Triple D intro and they have it parked outside to show it off.

It's a pretty solid diner, but all the Food Network appearances have seriously gone to their heads and they're more focused on that than they are about keeping the food good.

They also bought out the bike shop next door and turned it into the J Towne Tavern, which is connected to the diner and honestly just trying way too hard.

He looks like a Mexican

Went to tune-up cafe in Santa Fe. food was pretty good, nice salvadorian stuff. but ive never had salvadorian food beyond this place so yeah. i also remember that i went to some event that was catered by a place he went to in tacoma that had really good candied bacon but that's all i remember.

God, that's so gaudy. Just have a picture or two of fieri and call it a day. This just reeks of desperation. I wouldn't never go in there on principle. Even if the food was good.

We had a local diner that ended up on the show.
After they were on the show, the place exploded. They started opening up extra locations around town, and those exploded, too.
Then they started to expand across the state, then the country. They just opened their 50th location last week.

It wasn't too much of a problem until they started raising their prices to pay for their rapid expansions.
The used to do a 2 eggs, 2 strips of bacon, grits or hashbrowns, and a piece of toast for $5. Now it's $12.
The shrimp and grits is almost $20 now.

if you paid more than $40 for that, you go ripped off

having to walk by all the vagrants loitering under that 15th overpass probably deters them

I went to a place in Pasadena that was apparently in the top three burger places in the U S of A. It was really pretty shit to be honest. Like a slightly elevated Spacky D's.

it's jersey, what do you expect

Triple XXX in West Lafayette. It's a basic bitch diner and peanut butter on a hamburger is absolutely mediocre. The pork tenderloin sandwich was public school lunch tier.

>Triple Triple X

Went to the Marietta Diner in Georgia. The food was good but it sucks I wasn't all that hungry when we stopped there so I didn't really eat much.

everyone calls it the Triple X but the name, as you can see on the sign, is Triple XXX

>9 'x's

I went to one in manchester, nh a couple years ago. it was a small hole in the wall diner that every presidential candidate goes to when they go through new hampshire. the bathroom was in the kitchen. I had a bison burger and it was fine. I didnt try the homemade twinkies they showed on triple d. it was maybe in late summer 2015, they had pictures of obama, hillary, bernie, jeb!, donald, rand paul and pretty much every other candidate sitting at the counter eating some slop.

Fuck I paid $40.01.

Squeeze Inn was pretty good

boiler up!

We went to a place in Chicago that we later saw on an episode of DDD. Which totally makes sense because it was mediocre and they left a bunch of stuff out of our order, which was a delivery order, and they straight up refused to come back out to deliver the stuff they left out.

The owner seemed like a fucking weirdo on Triple D

I used to frequent the taco bus in the tampa area, one of their locations has a giant poster of guy fieri on the wall saying he was there.

The food is kind of expensive compared to similar restaurants like Moe's, however their food is pretty good, and I think the options is worth the extra money. The variety of dishes and meat selection (alternative and real) is great. One of my personal favorites is their burrito with the veggies, with the portobello mushrooms. Their guac it's also pretty good.

That being said it's pretty much a gentrified, parked food truck. So the restaurant itself is kinda lackluster. Id say it's worth a try if you're in the tampa area, but it's not even the best Latin American food I've ever had. So don't be going in there with crazy high expectations.

Oh yeah their "spicy" items are only like mildly hot. Totally white people safe.

And the meats aren't as seasoned as I'd like them to be

I drive by it on my way to work. Even as far as local diners go, it's pretty much butt.

I have easily been to more than 20 since I travel for work. The standouts were Southern Kitchen in Tacoma, WA (My Grandmother was from the rural South and the food was spot on) and Beth's Cafe in Seattle. Beth's has a lot of great food in normal portions - not everything is a 6 or 12 egg omelet. Most of the places were pretty forgettable.

Yes. Went to Grovers twice, just because I thought they messed up my order the first time. Kind of expensive, have to put your name on the wall in stupid chalk and wait an hour since it's the size of a closet in there. Both times I got their "famous" burger and was super disappointed, person I was with also agreed. Literally had no salt or any sort of seasoning both times.
Also, only takes cash, stop being cheap and accept credit.

>legal loophole shittery to basically steal the car he drives
You sure they didn't just get a similar looking car? How would they even do that

Why dont u assholes look up the restaurants on yelp before going? He has to pretend to like it since hes on tv.

I don't use yelp because I'm not a hipster.

holy F thats a big hand

because there are companies that make fake yelp reviews, and normal people who post on yelp are more inclined to make bad reviews or look into things nobody cares about.

>tvfoodmaps.com/restaurant/CA/Santa-Barbara/Nortons-Pastrami-and-Deli

I used to go to UCSB and broke my laptop so I was going downtown to get it repaired and just randomly walked into this place, it was alright, I wished the portions were a bit bigger than they advertised, but it was good.

>They also did some kind of legal loophole shittery to basically steal the car he drives in the Triple D intro and they have it parked outside to show it off.

I sincerely doubt a diner would leave an authentic 1967 Camaro SS convertible, especially the one from the TV show they were featured on, parked outside in the elements of NJ 24/7.

I've been to a couple yeah

>gordy's hi-hat in croquet, mn

Legit delicious

>Duluth grill in Duluth mn

Pretty good, nothing mind blowing

>highway inn in waipahu, hi

Definitely go here if you're in Hawaii and want to eat local hawaiian food, but know they're racist and may well seat you after they seat locals if you're a haole

>cattleman's in PIC

used to go here all the time as a kid, it's basically just a better than average steakhouse

T-thanks

Yep, Paradise Pup in Des Plaines

Quadruple UUUU

I remember when word hit he was visiting our town to shoot a segment for triple D. I got so pumped on making plans to interrupt his show and punk him good.
I went up to the restaurant that day, and it happened.
I couldn't do it. Motherfucker was so nice. God damn.
Felt so awful afterward. Everyone had a good time that day. He would ask questions and such.
Went home and beat my wife

Chino Bandito and Thee Pitts Again, both AZ. CB was ok, I haven't been back, but I probably would go again. The other one was before it was on the show, I don't remember a lot, but most people say it's really gone downhill.

Yes I have. It was "The Refuge" in San Carlos, California. The food was pretty damn good. They're known for their pastrami and I believe they make it on site. They've got good Reubens, and if you really like pastrami, you should order the pastrami steak, which is just a big hunk of pastrami served hot. The prices aren't too bad, where the entrees are in the range of ~$12-$20 (a bit more for the pastrami steak if I remember correctly). Definitely went again, especially since they have a good selection of beers, as well as being right next door to another bar with an even larger selection (Ale Arsenal).

I'm pretty sure this was on it at some point. I used to go here every Saturday with my dad when I was a kid. It's fucking great.

Next time I go home I have to bake a point of stopping by.

this is near me

anthonysseafood.net/anthonys-seafood-on-dinners-drive-ins-and-dives/

stuffies are goat

A few in Virginia:
>Doumar's Drive In
Incredible NC style bbq sandiwches, you can easily eat 3 in one sitting, very inexpensive and surprisingly not very busy considering. The drive in and order from the car service was great, the sit down service was kind of bad, maybe it's because they can afford to be not as friendly, I don't know. Highly recommend it to anyone near ODU.

>Whitner's BBQ
Very easy to miss, it looks like an unassuming hole in the wall in a strip mall. Outstanding memphis style bbq and sides. They smoke everything in house and the burnt ends are to die for.

New Hampshire:
>Street Foods
Another unassuming restaurant in a strip, incredible authentic ethnic food and their curry fries are fantastic. One of many great places to try if you're ever in Portsmouth

>The Kitchen
Right down the street from Street Foods, impecable sandwiches, salads, and even hot dogs. One of their standout items is the fried mashed potato balls, be careful as you may find yourself eating 10 in one sitting.

Honestly there are so many restaurants in Portsmouth that could be on DDD, but if you're ever in Durham you need to go to La Festa, it is far and away the best pizza I've ever had, a real UNH staple.

Massachusetts:
>Boston Burger Company:
Loaded burgers, the mac and cheese burger is decadence

>Saus
Belgian style eatery that as its namesake implies serves dozens of different sauces with their belgian cut fries. Frikandel was delicious. And of course the classic belgian waffle both savory and sweet.

Honestly a lot of places on DDD in Mass aren't that standout but that's mostly due to the incredible food scene anywhere you go in Boston, Cambridge, Somerville, JP, all areas adjacent.

Hawaii:
>Rainbow Drive In
Classic Hawaiian fare with two scoop rice and mac salad

mmm I love eating comet

it's a containment diner to stop the boomer-townies from making it all the way up chauncey hill and committing hate crimes against gooks.

literally Guy is known as one of the nicest TV personalities; he's the Lil B of food. Just pumps out content and doesn't worry about critical reviews just spread good vibes.

how is using yelp being a hipster?
more reviews = more popular also less likely the reviews are fake

because yelp is an extortion racket.

Westside Drive In, Boise Idaho

The food is fucking good for being American comfort food.

fuckin live for shady glen
fries are shit
Milkshakes are fire tho

They did Shady Glen? Those cheeseburgers, man.

Gaffey Street Diner in San Pedro California. Great breakfast, never had the loaded French toast they advertised but the big ass biscuit and gravy is the best thing by far. Nice folks who run the place too

Yep. Grinders in KC. Yes I've been multiple times - they have great food AND a dope, outdoor concert venue.

>9 X's
That's just ridiculous.

>XXXXXXXXX
fuck

I live next to Voula's Offshore Cafe. its actually really good. cheap and giant portions. there is always a line out the door tho. but if you bring a book and are willing to kick it outside for 45min at least, you can eat like a king for about $10

White House Subs in Atlantic City

Don't know if it was on DDD but he visited and theres some pictures of him and the owners and chefs.

Really good subs. Long ass wait because it's the only good sub shop in AC and everyone knows about it and still thinks it's a fucking NJ secret.

Pssh, there's a filibertos only a couple blocks from there.

I mean, it's right there in the picture.

I live near kelly o’s, a diner in pittsburgh that was on the show. Great comfy diner food, i always get the crab eggs benny. With extra hollindaise.

Been to a bunch but Hopleaf in Chicago is probably my favorite. Neighborhood place that's a cut above most of the shit in the area. My gf likes their cashew butter and fig jam sandwich even though I keep telling her to just make the fucker at home for 1/4 the cost but she is a moron. The other one I've been to (Kuma's Corner) is good but not worth the waiting time

plus tip

Yes, its a place I already went to all the time. Tourists showed up and made things annoying.

Defalco's in south scottsdale is pretty good.

He had them make a calzone.

Yelp is pretty shit. The only real people using it are angry people who had something go wrong so they post 1 star reviews that always have a "I wish I could give zero stars" at some point. Then there are fake posts to hype the place up.

Yelp then means absolutely nothing in a cruise port town since people have been eating on a cruise for a few days and then come to some local place and expect the exact same service as the cruise.

where in jersey?

>tortilla chips on a burger

If you are baiting me it's fucking working.

Yes, he went to the mainstay restaurants in Arlington, TX. They aren't so much gimmick places as they are the only non-chain restaurants that don't suck.

Speaking of gimmicks, he also went to this gross place in San Antonio that serves novelty sized huge pizza which sucks. Been forced to go there with family when visiting.

>steal the car he drives in the Triple D intro
Guy himself laughs at the thought that he drives the same car everywhere he goes. Food network had a "behind the scenes" show about DDD. It's too time consuming and expensive to move a vehicle all over the country. They contact local car clubs and just rent a red camero from a local owner. If you pay attention to the episodes, and you know your 1st gen camero specs, you'll be able to pick out the differences in the cars.

I ate here

XXX in West Lafayettte Every week baby!
>tfw he hated my favorite burger bc peanut butter
he was an asshole in that episode

It's literally written on the diner in that picture. Jefferson, Morris County

I've been to all the Cleveland restaurants Guy went to. They're all pretty reasonably priced. I've been to most of them before they were featured on his show.

did you try the hot dogs?

Gorilla BBQ in Pacifica, CA. All the meat was slathered in this disgustingly sour bbq sauce. Made it inedible. Yet I still drive by and see 40+ suckers waiting in line for the crap every weekend. Fieri must be a friend of the owner.

Gus Fiero?

Lakeview Restaurant, Toronto
Just went for a snack and drinks, I got their supposedly famous apple pie which was painfully mediocre
Also the girl I went with ghosted me after, I blame guy fieri

that's cheese senpai

Went to the Jamaican Jerk Hut in philly. They had a life sized cutout of papa fieri. Like most philly restaurants, it was byo alcohol so we brought boxed wine because we're classy.

The food was spicy as fuck (good), really well seasoned, the meat wasn't fatty, and the portion was gigantic. I'd give it like a 8/10.

>>Best part was each of us drunkenly dancing with the guy fieri cutout

Had my credit card number stolen by a waitress at the Boston burger company in Davis Sq in Somerville. Bad touch

Darwells is located 5 minutes from me.

>Totally white people safe.
>t. wipipo

Thoughts and prayers
The one near the Pru is better

Is it just me or is Triple D way comfier than it should be