>small batch

>stable to table

>Sugar free

>upscale casual

>no gluten

>"locally" sourced

>sustainably foraged

>ethically raised

If chemicals occur in nature then isn't every flavor "natural"? An unnatural flavor would have to come from another dimension.

Thanks for ruining the thread, faggot.

Op here, I kind of did intend for the thread to discuss stuff like this in addition to shitposting stupid food-related phrases.

My main gripe about "natural flavors" is why even have the requirement of listing ingredients if they don't have to list all of them?

As a business owner why should I have to do anything? Who is the government to tell me how to bake bread?

They call it artificial flavor because it's constructed by mixing different stuff to achieve something that is similar to the real one.

I think natural flavor is usually made from extract and/or concentrated of the actual thing.

Because if I'm on a cyanide free diet, or am excluding cyanide from my diet for religious reasons, I shouldn't be made to guess whether or not you've decided to include cyanide in your product.

If you don't trust my bread by a different one or make your own. You are not entitled to my services.

But... that place was never considered "upscale".

But if the cyanide is only an additive for flavor and otherwise adds no nutritional value it does not have to be listed.

I am entitled to live in a society where producers have a responsibility to their consumers. If you don't like it, go live in the third world.

The only person I am responsible to is my self. It is not in my best interest to poison my customers.

prove it

Yeah? Multinationals seem to make a fortune doing it.

Cyanide is actually not THAT toxic when orally ingested. You have to eat quite a lot of it, and the effects disappear pretty quickly.

>fish sauce

not exactly. it's hard to substitute the word chemicals for something else, but artificial flavors are what you would associate the word "chemicals" with. natural flavors are when they take plants, scents, extracts, etc. things that recreate the aroma, are not created in a lab, but are also not the exact ingredient
example:
>all natural: black cherry mixed with water
>natural flavors: x bark extract mixed with water
>artificial ingredients: yellow 5, etc

>no MSG

>not reading the text

>seasonal menu

>cage free

It's all created in a "lab" (industrial facility) though, whether you refine the compound from a natural source or make it through chemical reactions (between components that ultimately DID come from nature), it's the same compound either way. Stop being so gullible and learn something about the food you eat, instead of taking Whole Foods ads at face value

Right, so to have an "unnatural" flavor you'd have to flavor it with something that does not occur in nature. So unless we're talking about Einsteinium flavored food it's a worthless descriptor.

>soup du jour

>100% organic

t. underage autist

Here's an idea: stop being a pedantic fuckwit. "Natural flavors" are of dubious authenticity, end of. Strawberry flavoring is not the same as real strawberry.

>smart foods