Why is it so hard to find regular stainless steel pans now...

Why is it so hard to find regular stainless steel pans now? Is it a conspiracy to make us use use PTFE to poison ourselvs and give us cancer?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=stainless steel pan
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=stainless steel pan

Fuck Amazon, I want to buy one in a shop and shops NEVER hav steel pans.

if you have to ask, you can't afford it

Because 90% of the population doesn't care about stainless.

The target 1 mile from my house has stainless cookware. You're a penis.

lol what's a Target?

why would you want a stainless steel pan?

Becauz PTFE is poison and not durable. You're cooking your food with chemicals when you use non stick pans

where do you live?
literally any wal-mart, kroger, or safeway (or their subsidiaries) will have stainless steel pans.
literally any restaurant supply store will have stainless steel pans because that's mostly what they use.

He wants to inspect the pan physically before purchasing ffs.
Amazon is probably the less expensive option anyway, cheapskate

I live in the UK

i thought PTFE was only harmful for birds? does it really have ill effects on humans too?

PTFE doesn't react with anything, not as coat and not as broken off chip.
PTFE is the Perfect bond of Flour and Carbon, its not like a stainless pan where Chrome atoms can migrate into the food. Well, they can but their still bond to the carbon making them inert and non Toxic.
it breaks down at higher temperature (quote wikipedia, starting at 202°C but uncritical until 350°C). now Flour gas isn't something you should breath in
The real fun with Teflon pans begins, when they get recycled and burned in the process

then why does OP not want PTFE pans?

i wouldn't want one either
if the coating breaks off because you used a metall spate, the pan is trash
i want cooking gear that lasts me years

what do you reccomend, all my mother owns are these shitty and cheap stainless steel pans that were mistreated their entire lives

have any favorite brands?

Get a carbon steel pan matfer bourgeat. It's got the plus side of stainless and cast iron

Carbon doesn't have the plus sides of stainless. Carbon steel is exactly like cast iron in every way except it's smoother, because it's pressed, not cast.

>Becauz PTFE is poison and not durable. You're cooking your food with chemicals when you use non stick pans

Also, if using cast iron, the iron from cast iron can leach into the food and can, in certain cases, raise your risk of many health issues including heart disease.

For what it's worth, except for frying, I only use Visions Cookware for cooking.

I got my stainless set second hand but the sell stainless at Walmart and Target. Sucks to be a foreigner

Teflon boils at something like 615F. Don't cook that hot, you stupid asshole.

Regardless, stainless is fucking everywhere. So is steel, so is cast iron.

Stop talking like an asshole to people who know you're talking like an asshole.

because just like everything else, they cater to the potential customer and not the actual customer

no u

Alex Jones says it weaponized flourides

and that's why he's on tv having a stroke and not discovering anything in a lab.

He just need funding or he would have a lab by now

This desu. Chances are OP is at some Goodwill or something where people throwing their trash away.

OP's never heard of Amazon and most definitely does NOT have a small dick

Find a kitchenware store.

>PTFE to poison ourselvs

This retarded meme needs to die.
PTFE is an insanely stable compound. You could submerge PTFE in most acids and solvents and have nothing happen to it.

Literally the only way to suffer toxicity from PTFE pans is to overheat them, so maybe learn basic stove operation before going near a kitchen you asshat.

You could swallow a handful of crumpled up PTFE balls and they'd come out of your asshole without having suffered any chemical interaction the whole way through.

Read a fucking book you mongrel.

that's the reason people use PTFE in azeotropic alcohol environments at boiling temperatures. It's stable as shit.

I know man, I shouldn't even have answered this thread, but when these idiots start spewing this "muh chemicals" bullshit while clearly not having the faintest idea what they're talking about it drives me up the fucking wall.

Veeky Forums was designed to drive normal people up the wall. It's the reason people drink and read this board.

Enjoy your cancwe faggot.

eat your covfefe finglet!