Any other Vegans on this board experiencing frequent farts? I've gone vegan for a month now and I can't stop farting...

Any other Vegans on this board experiencing frequent farts? I've gone vegan for a month now and I can't stop farting. they also smell the worst they have ever been.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raffinose
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Your body is trying to tell you that your lifestyle is unnatural.

Its all that vegan cheese. Who knows wtf its made of and it doesnt even melt.

I can't have dairy without mucus pouring out of every orifice on my face so I kind of don't have a choice
>Who knows wtf its made of
A quick look at the ingredients will tell you what they're made of

Human beings evolved as omnivores. Our dietary needs reflect that past. Do yourself a favor and eat a tiny bit of meat regularly. I can understand the empathy for other animals, but at the end of the day, is it really worth fucking up your own shit?

Pretty normal. Vegans just fart a lot, like the farm animals they love/hate so much. Your flatulence may get slightly less noxious in a few months. Vegans smelling good is a myth. They're just trading one set of human stinks for another set of human stinks.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raffinose

>Vegans on this board experiencing frequent farts?
Of course.
>smell the worst they have ever been.
That's a little strange. My farts barely smell. Even my shit barely stinks compared to when I ate meat and cheese.

>I can understand the empathy for other animals
I don't give a fuck about other animals, I went vegan because of

The population of your gut's microbiome is going through an overhaul as some organisms die off from malnutrition and others see a sudden population explosion. Unless you're overdoing the hyper-synthesised stuff, it should settle down after a while.

I read that post. Dairy isn't in most meat products.

I can't have meat at all if I'm vegan tho

If the entire reason you went vegan is because you can't eat dairy, you're an idiot.. Just cut dairy out of your diet and it will cure both your farts and your sinus shit.

>can't have dairy
>vegans don't eat dairy
>go vegan
>vegans don't eat meat
>I don't eat meat now
understand?

Yes, I understand perfectly. It's not that funny, laddy.

>It's not that funny, laddy
I'm confused now

Quite frankly, I don't think you understand.. Just because vegans don't eat dairy, and you can't eat dairy, doesn't mean that a dairy intolerance should exclude all meats. We're you a vegetarian before you discovered this dairy demon?

were

>We're you a vegetarian before you discovered this dairy demon?
No, in fact I would eat solely meat and dairy. I found it dumb that I was eating dairy despite literally not being able to breathe when doing it so I went vegan, which cuts both dairy and meat out.

OK. I'm done. Enjoy your farts.

I sort of am

So you're saying your farts smelled good at some other point in time? Your gf kissed your fart bubbles when you bathed together because they smelled like lavender? Dude, farts smell bad, that's why they're farts.

just digestion, methinks

>Any other Vegans on this board experiencing frequent farts? I've gone vegan for a month now and I can't stop farting. they also smell the worst they have ever been.

No
Not at all

>farts before veganism
>smell like shit
>farts after
>smell like burnt shit

They shouldn't be smelly but yeah you should be farting a lot, I'd lay off the brassica species (broccoli, kale, brussels sprouts, etc)

Then stop burning your vegetables.

>you should be farting a lot
No you shouldn't. Just space your fiber out throughout the day. I eat a shitload of beans but don't get farts because I have them over several meals. If you eat 3 cups of beans at once then yeah you might get some stinkies. Also obviously drink water whenever you have fiber, this should be common sense but alas.

It's easier to increase fiber intake slowly. I definitely fart a bunch if I cook a bunch of cabbage and green beans. They are less smelly than meat farts though.

Watch out for dried apricots if you are worried about smell

not a vegan but when I eat healthy I fart a lot too
maybe that's just our natural state and all the junk and crap we eat gums up our insides

when i eat vegan i eat about 5 lbs of fruit and veg a day, and i shit at least 5 times. it's fucking wild

holy shit genuine genius here

i fart a lot regardless of diet cuz i drink too often. I'm often on my beeriod, get the green poop and it smells like dead animal.

Only on days where I eat a fuckton of beans. My guess is your body isn't used to the fiber. Westerners in general consume way too little of it, somewhere around a third of what they should be eating.

You are now eating a proper amount of fibre whereas you weren't before.

When I first went vegan I became a lot healthier but also farted loads. After a month or so my gut adjusted to the higher fibre and I stopped. Drinking lots of water alleviated it temporarily for me. Not sure why or the science behind that.

People who eat lots of meat vs. lots of fiber have very different gut flora. As you increase fiber intake in the long term, you foster the growth of a different set of bacteria which helps digest it better instead of making your shits smell like a dead body.

you just reminded me of when i dated a girl who was transitioning into veganism who could only orgasm from anal intercourse

those were a stinky couple of months. we were both depressed af and it was winter so we'd stay in her bed and smoke weed and swear to god i'd have to open the window and air that bitch out about once every 3 hours

>you just reminded me of when i dated a girl who was transitioning into veganism who could only orgasm from anal intercourse

My sides! I do not mean to maliciously laugh at you, but thank you for sharing that.

I am not a vegan myself, but I eat a ton of vegetables and can relate to the same flatulence problem. I wish I could figure it out as well. Just have to be careful to spread out your fibers.

Your body is adapting to the changes retard.

Humm. I fart more, but it doesn't smell at all.

I recently went vegan myself, and yes, my ass is rancid, and I have cramp inducing gas.

based on what I've read, it's common as your body gets used to an increase in dietary fiber. As others have said, it will improve in time.

Until then, I just ask people if they smell popcorn.

what a strange life

When I was vegan I did have frequent gas but desu they didn't smell as bad as when I was eating a ton of meat or eggs or whatever.