Why do people pretend to like bitter chocolate?

Why do people pretend to like bitter chocolate?

I mean, I can enjoy some of the more bitter chocolates. There's flavors in there that are interesting besides the sweetness. 99% is way too far, though. That's for baking and anyone who says otherwise is shitposting.

Some people eat it for the antioxidants instead of enjoyment

Why do people like anything that is bitter?

Some people genuinely do, because with everything people's tastes differ. When you raise a fuss and try to claim that just because you don't like it no one does, you become a cumshroom.

Yes

I buy/eat 85% so I can't possibly finish the whole block, if it were something like milk chocolate.

To get rid of the craving without being tempted to eat all of it at once.

Unrelated, but you can eat magnesium to get rid of chocolate cravings.

It's nice. If you've had anything sweet recently it's going to taste awful, however. Have a couple of blocks before your meal, not after.

Nope, wrong.

Correct.

It’s the closest to any chocolate I do enjoy. Any other just tastes like some kind of babby pudding, the amount of fat and sugar is instantly disgusting.

>the amount of fat
Soyboy detected. Do your own research instead of relying on old wives' tales from the 50's.

Because it is good you retarded simpleton motherfucker, 99% is the best.

>Doesn’t like the sensation of sugary fat
>Must be whatever the hell a soy boy is
Whether you believe me or not, I massively prefer dark chocolate. The mixture of blubber and fat might remind you of one of your salads, but I for one despise it and think it’s hugely over the top

Because dark chocolate with a high percentage of cocoa has actual health benifits.

what does 99% even mean? Would 100% be pure cacao ?

t. Soyboy
Kill yourself, rosbif cunt

That 1% is pizza.

this is your answer OP. people like to pretend to like this because they think it makes the more grown up than people who like sweet chocolate. it really is pathetic behavior.

I don't. I like it.

I enjoy it since im not super into milk and I feel like I'm getting a stronger chocolate flavor. It's not for everyone though.

>said the furious child

In middle aged. It’s really weird that you’d think it impossible. The stuff is right there for sale. Enjoy your sugary sugar though.

Why are you so desperate to believe other people don't legitimately enjoy it? Are you jealous or something?

It's not pretense. I enjoy bitter chocolate.

Same. The brat itt screaming that it’s absolutely impossible is hilarious. What a fucking child.

>pretend
But I do actually enjoy it and it's delicious.

Just because you fucked up you palate after eating so many sugars like the utter pleb you are, doesn't mean everyone else did too.

why do people eat so much sugar they hate anything that doesn't have at least 20g in it?

biologically hardwired positive responses to carbohydrates combined with an abundance of inexpensive starchy, sugary foods, leading to a feedback loop of addiction?

My mornings lately have been cloying vietnamese coffee with baking chocolate and a small puff of some low-grade homegrown.

Honestly I like it. It's rich, and bitter flavors have a certain depth to them. There is no why, because I can't really properly explain why I like it. No two people can have the exact same perspective on a flavor. You just either like it or you don't. Some people hate mayo and mustard, but some people like it. Some people hate sharp cheddar, some people like it.

I enjoy it the most from 55 to 70%. Sometimes 85% when I'm in the right mood. 99% is too much though.

they like caca

85% along a cup of coffee is the only chocolate I'll eat

>99%
I do like dark chocolate, but that's just stupid. May as well buy a box of pure cacao and a spoon, probably cheaper too.

Well, no, because it's made by blending the liquor and butter in proportions that are not found in its natural state.

55-70 is the good range, 85 felt like a punch in the mouth when I tried a bar.

Nobody eats 99%, it's suppost to be used as an ingredient.

Had that for breakfast today. It's truly the best way to start your day.

85% doesn't taste too strong to me. If anything, it's very smooth and fruity. Makes me thirsty as hell, though. Different palettes, I guess.

>Chocolate and coffee for breakfast

That sounds terrible, you'd run out of energy in about 1 hour

The same reason people eat at Panera. They want to pay 10 dollars for a 5 dollar sandwich. Even though it doesn't taste any better.

thats a fucking facebook tier meme infographic you pulled that from

kys

It's for cigarette smokers.

I love dark chocolate because none of the assholes I live with like it so they won't steal it.

99% when you're high AF, just a quarter square on your tongue, just let it melt away, fucking unreal.

With other bitter things, or with something sweet, it's quite good - it resets your palate, or offsets it to show flavours you wouldn't normally taste in other foods.

It's good before ice cream, grapefruit, overcooked brussels sprouts (after some cocoa bullion is the only way I'll enjoy them when my mother cooks them to death at Christmas), before espresso, during sweetened coffee, and at any time whilst murdering a large chunk of cheesecake.

Coffee and a small piece of unsweetened chocolate keeps me going until at least 3pm... shovel in a late lunch while I keep the work flowing and fuck off an hour early when I'm ahead of schedule (or stress a whole lot less when I'm not).

I'm sure if you just crashed into it from a diet starting with a protein and carbohydrate rich breakfast every day, the change would probably murder your system, but when you're used to not eating breakfast, it's fairly status quo... you need to start the day off with water though - can't just blast a completely empty stomach with cocoa and coffee without something to buffer the alkaloids.

The price is similar here between most chocolates made by the same company/chocolatier. A Lindt bar is more expensive than a Snickers, but that's true for every Lindt bar, not just the bitter blackness.