What are you boys makin this weekend?

What are you boys makin this weekend?

I made real chili for the first time and now that I have, I have to agree that beans don't belong in chili.

Other urls found in this thread:

thespruce.com/what-does-endive-mean-995658
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Based.

>dried provisions are not okay in chili
>ground beef and sour cream are
Lazy troll. Only retards and Texans, well I suppose that's redundant, will far for it.

>sour cream and cornbread

You don't know shit about real chili.

there is no such thing as "real chili"

Galaxy brain

Please, enlighten me. What is real chili to you?

What's wrong with ground beef and sour cream?

same thing that's wrong with beans, i guess, fag

So, nothing?

That was exactly his point.

beans are the part of chili that is healthy. They are inexpensive and delicious. Shame on you.

please don't encourage the braindead texans

Sour cream is for women and children that can't handle the heat from fresh jalapenos, habaneros, and seranos, plus your seasoning blend. And for the record, tortilla chips > cornbread > saltines for chili.

Not him, but I enjoy heat. I just also enjoy the taste of sour cream.

Made this. Tasted better than it looks.

what all is in there?

Artichoke hearts wrapped in ham topped with some kind of mustard sauce?

I have no clue know how the vegetable I used is called in English. When I look for a translation it says chicory, but when I google it, that mostly shows some flower.

Anyway, it's steamed first, then wrapped in ham, and the sauce is just a bechamel with cheese, some bouillon and a lot of other crap I don't even remember. It was a bit of an experimental thing. Ended up baking it for about 30 minutes and the result wasn't even half bad.

saltines, what the fuck

Endive.

Ah, I thought this was Endive.

Jerk pork loin with rice and peas... And trying not to start fights with it.

>chilli, goes good on anything
BUT DONT PUT BEAN IN THEM REEEEEEEEEEEE

My mother used to eat chili with oyster crackers (which are pretty much just like saltines), so it isn't unheard of (but still I think it is sort of odd). For me tortilla chips or cornbread is fine, it just depends on my mood and what sort of chili I made.

thespruce.com/what-does-endive-mean-995658

The earliest food review of the Chilli Queens in Texas from the 1800’s mentions beans...

So you're both right?

Chicoriae and Brassicaceae need to be stopped.

Cornbread is a side to chili, while chips or crackers are eaten directly with the chili.

I'm more of a cornbread and chili man, and I wouldn't waste a good chili on saltines. Haven't tried with chips, but I can see the allure.

You should definitely try a good white chicken chili or a pork chili verde with tortilla chips. It's the only way to go.

are you belgian by any chance?

Chicory is a tap root.
A bit like a dandelion.

I've had that in Switzerland. Fucking delicious.

Don't forget Solanaceae.

Sour cream compliments chili really well and nothing wrong with cornbread. I'd say cornbread>fresh tortillas> saltines and chips

Based.

t. yankee soyboy.

Made a couple of loaves of white bread for the week and a wee cheese-pesto pull-apart for an evening snack for the wife and I.

Italian sausage and white bean chili. Got the idea from one of Chef John's videos.

Whether or not sausage or beans belong in chili, this was fucking delicious. Looking forward to eating the leftovers this week.

OMG

fucking hell nice one mate

I want to make keto pork tacos, do you guys think I should use lettuce for a wrap or use soy sauce?

inb4 soy boy meme

all of our last 3 numbers in binary produce .

skirt steak and creamed spinach, paired with a Monster Ultra Sunrise

if you use ground meat put beans in it, if you use chuck steak then no beans. also people that add corn to chili are the ones that needs to be beaten to death

I added ground beef and chuck steak. Do I still add beans?

So you're not allowed to have beans in chili. Or ground beef. So what the fuck is chili then - just a bunch of hot liquid?

Well, according to a bunch of cousin-fucking imbeciles chili is pepper-water with beef scraps. It makes them feel manly, like the fantasy cowboys they aren't.

Cubed beef, generally some form of stew meat. The point is to take otherwise tough cuts of meat and make them tender through long, slow cooking. Ground beef will become mush under such conditions. If you absolutely must have chili but don't have several hours to do it right, a quick chili using ground beef will work, but the texture will be shit, and the flavors won't properly meld.

Have you ever actually made real chili? Because I think you're talking out out of your ass.

nah the beans are just to add body, if you have steak chunks no need for beans. if you use just ground meat it's like a sauce

>Pepper water
Yes and Beef Bourguignon is just wine water.

Whitlof.

>thinking beans are healthy

no wonder american are so fucking fat

fermented soy is fine. it doesn't have the estrogen agonist anymore