Veeky Forums in 2005: Fuck your wallotext

>Veeky Forums in 2005: Fuck your wallotext

>Veeky Forums in 2017: Fuck your reddit spacing

How do you prefer to format your text when writing?

I don't really give a fuck. I've been on here since 07 or so, never once been to reddit, and I get accused of redding spacing sometimes. Not even sure what it means actually. But w/e. This site has always been full of nonsensical insults.

What

The

Fuck

Even

Is

Reddit

Spacing?

I don't know
ask Veeky Forums
I'm from reddit

Both methods

>I've been on here since 07 or so, never once been to reddit, and I get accused of redding spacing sometimes
Same here.

Format your text however you please, other Anons will bully you into submission until you do it right

You space when you change "topic".

>Here since a year
>Not accused of reddit spacing yet
>Have been a redditor for over 11 years

I doubt you've never once been to reddit.

Like this.
See?
As far as I know, it's when you leave two blank lines. Leaving blank lines in general is quite tasteless tbqh.

>See?
> #
This is where you should've put an additional space.

>Leaving blank lines in general is quite tasteless tbqh.
tbqh this is among the most autistic things I've read on here recently. Blank space that adds to clarity is now tasteless. Really makes you think...

Veeky Forums really is all about taste.

Which is why redditors are always transparent.

They are simply inferior to us

>Veeky Forums really is all about taste.
Well yea, you gotta establish a dominance hierarchy even in anonymity somehow

>adds to clarity
My dream is using paragraphs on the internet.

Reddit spacing is one of many ways a retard can ignore a well-written post, similar to when robots accuse anyone they disagree with of being roasties, /pol/ accuses anyone they disagree with of being shills, etc. It's the most convenient way of saying "I don't have to respond to or even read your post because you're worthless to me by default." It's funny to see how frequently this happens on all boards.

Reddit punctuation and capitalization

Well yea, you gotta reinforce your ingroup and reject outgroup influences in your tribe somehow

>accusing someone of being /reddit/
Reddit is thataway, (((friendo)))

That doesn't make much sense on an anonymous board, though. What you get is a bunch of fervent 15-year-olds telling people who've been here for years that they must be le newfags gb2 reddit because they don't reinforce the preconceptions the kids already had about this place, which is hilarious.

Reddit parenthesis

Apes gonna ape

>telling someone to go to reddit
Reddit is thataway, (((frodo)))

Treating each sentence as a paragraph.

This is reddit spacing.

It makes your post more visible but also more retarded.

Tl;dr has been around before Veeky Forums and persists to this day.

Reddit spacing is an informal fallacy "argumentum ad formatis"
Simple neo - sophist technique along with argumentum ad nauseam they like to use on flame wars.

This. Spacing paragraphs have existed since fucking forever; when this is brought it's always to derail or shit on the thread. I've always reported it and mods would delete/ban retards doing it.

Double spacing or excessive line breaks look like garbage buts not nearly as bad as somebody green texting and responding to individual lines. That shit is retarded.

it's not reddit spacing, it's markdown spacing

anyone who works on open source code will know this

anyone who writes in a CMS will know this