What do you think Veeky Forums?

What do you think Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OhLGGkWg0ts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You don't have a stove or what

Quick seared in butter with thyme sprigs and rubbed with truffle salt, pepper and smoked onion salt

In the slow cooker I put Yukon Golds, Sweet Onion, Shitake Mushrooms, Oregano, thyme, garlic, bay leaf, a splash of worcestershire, a sprinkle of beef bouillon and 12oz of pic related

I work nights so it's easier to make slow cooker meals during the work week

I don't have any pics of the end result because I'm stupid but I cooked it for 10 hours on low heat

This isn't fast food...

Seems edible

I think I should've never bought mine. I can do much more with my dutch oven and my programmable induction plate. Now it's just gathering taking space and gathering dust.

looks watery, but could be edible I guess.

>crock pot
enjoy your muted flavors user

how much longer? how far do you want the meat cooked? will the potatoes be overcooked by the time you reach that point? it does look watery, that seems to be the problem with crock pots. also, i would have tossed the meat in flour, then fried in butter until brown before adding to the crock pot. the flour helps thicken it later on, and the sear gives a nice flavor

I will try this next time.
I generally try to avoid using my crock pot because it does dull down flavors and isn't quite as simple as "throw everything in and wait for it to cook"

This was a while ago and I cooked it until the meat was falling apart, I don't have any pictures of the end result but I didn't think the potatoes were over cooked like a previous user mentioned, they kept their shape.

I'd usually roast the meat with fresh herbs but
i sleep during the day because of work and can't always bring myself to cook something that needs attention.

It doesn't matter if you cook it for 3 hours or ten. The result won't be so different. What matters is that you have to slowly cook the onions with olive oil... Otherwise they will be boiled and have a bad taste have a look at gordon ramsay stew videos on YT

It doesn't matter if you cook it for 3 hours or ten. The result won't be so different. What matters is that you have to slowly cook the onions with olive oil... Otherwise they will be boiled and have a bad taste have a look at gordon ramsay stew videos on YT.. the way to give onions a good taste is to pout a little bit of oil in the pan, and when it's hot, put the finely sliced onion in it and wait until it gets a little colour. Of course it must not be brown or burned. Then you can continue your cook

have a look at this man.. I've tried ;) listen to the recipe but most importantly to your heart while doing it

youtube.com/watch?v=OhLGGkWg0ts

I know how to prepare onions for the base of a meal I cook fairly frequently, I just didn't realize that it was so important for something like this.

Does it really make that big of a difference when you put something in the slow cooker?

Yeah, It's really really important. If you roll gently the ingredients one after the other in the olive oil they gather the greasy part and they absorb it. Also the meat. only after you can pour the broth or the water or the beer and then cook it.. of course you have to be very careful not to burn them!

I can't watch that video in where I live for some reason, but I found a different copy of the same video in question.

I mean, not roll them in the olive oil but roll them in the hot pot with the oil of course cook them one after the other for a few minutes... So all the flavours stand out

>the uploader has not made this video available in your country"
lmao what the fuck

Well, The next time I make a roast I will be sure to do this and share the results with you fellow anons.

For some reason I didn't think it would make a huge difference but when I think about it it seem to make sense.

What about using full sprigs of herbs?

Is that too overpowering in a slow cooker because of how much they steep in the liquid?

OP here;
I guess I would add fresh sprigs in the last hour of cooking but does anybody have actual experience doing this?