Christian lit frequenters: Do you believe the number 666 holds any significance? What does it signify?

Christian lit frequenters: Do you believe the number 666 holds any significance? What does it signify?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UkZqFtYtqaI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no one on Veeky Forums believes in God. those claiming to are just shitposters.

Its a meme you dip.

Yes. Read Revelations.
>everyone who doesn't have my opinion is clearly shitposting
God please smite me so I don't have to see this shit.

Christian here. It's Satan's phone number IIRC

But beyond it being the number of “the beast,” does seeing it actually hold significance?

>asking Veeky Forums about christian numerology
For me, no.
Wouldn't be surprised if someone theologically derived 666 from the concept of the Trinity tho.
E.g. Three being the aspects of God, however conjoined and present in their interaction of each other, thus 333, so you double that for the Qlippoth etc.

I’ve read before that 666 in Hebrew was used a pseudonym for Nero and much of revelations was foretelling the downfall of Rome. I don’t know how true that is, though.

Gematria is flexible enough that you can make pretty much anybody's name or title add up to 666 if you try, so I see that as a pretty weak argument. The preterist interpretation of Revelation you're referencing is pretty popular and well-founded, though.

this is my interpretation, which may or may not be correct:

7 is the number of perfection [Gen 2:2-3]
>And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

therefore, 6 is the number of material creation without sanctity [i.e. the number of baser man]. the trinity—duh—would have three numbers, so it's 666. 666 is replacing the Holy Trinity with man's works, in a tower-of-babelesque way.

>Gematria is flexible enough that you can make pretty much anybody's name or title add up to 666 if you try
to bring it back to Veeky Forums, i will always chuckle when i think about Pierre fiddling about Napoleon's name for gematria.

Been a while since I looked into it but jews do have an undeniably high regard the number 6. It is a kabbalistic thing.

It equates to Julius Caesar.

youtu.be/UkZqFtYtqaI

The funny thing about this image is that the person who made it thinks the word holocaust is only in reference to German holocaust.

And also, aren’t these referring to a maximum of two separate events involving the same population?

this is "everybody believes in God when the plane starts to fall" tier, try harder brainlet

That's how jews think of and use the term.

Do you believe in God?

I don't know but adding up 1+2+3... all the way to +36 = 666. 360 is the sum of the angles of two triangles.

I'm a Christian, and I think the number 666 originally comes from the burning of London in 1666. In the end however, take any number from 000 to 999, look hard enough, and you'll find coincidences. Sort of like the whole Abraham Lincoln and John F Kennedy thing, the parallels between them are eerie, but if you're looking for something you're likely to find it if you look hard enough. I mean, leftists have been looking for sexism for so long that now they see it in the way people sit or the way things are explained.

The actual number, when you translate properly, is 616. All the people brainstorming to find significance to 666 is hilarious.

before the holocaust? no. the word holocaust had been used for at least two hundred years before WW2

I think everyone knows that. It was after that that the term was appropriated by jews to signify one event, though their holocausting in the six millions was being appealed to, or the seeds of what they would later appeal to were being planted, long before.

Probably because 6 million was the population of Jews in Poland.

More likely because jews are notorious liars. Few of those blurbs are Poland-specific.

IT. EQUATE. TO. JULIUS. CAESAR.

youtu.be/UkZqFtYtqaI

>few of those blurbs are Poland specific

Salty about the IQ disparity?

Why would whites be salty about jewish verbal high IQ/rote memorization ability when our people are responsible for 97% of all sci/tech innovation?

If 666 really is Nero Caesar or Neros Caesar or whatever, and numbers are made using letters, then wouldn't they have spelled out the answer if it were written in Greek or Hebrew? Or I guess, they would use the individual letters in different order since they would still add to the same number? Essentially a word scramble. Instead of NERO CAESAR the Bible would say SAAROECNER. Then again I guess they could have just use the letter for 600, the letter for 60, and then finally for 6, leaving it up to the reader to figure out which name also adds up to 666.

This post is stupid, nevermind, but it's hard to wrap my head around letters being numbers. But yeah this post is literally useless.

Hebrew is so ambiguous anyone could pull anything out of it. For instance, YHWH can mean "behold the hand, behold the nail."

Doesn't the word have a positive connotation?