That/those kid(s) who would only buy toys at the Scholastic Book Fair

>that/those kid(s) who would only buy toys at the Scholastic Book Fair

>that pleb who didn't have the entire western canon in hardcover at home and got excited about the scholastic shill fair

Oh God, nostalgia wave incoming

I know right. I went to elementary at an old private school, and they would set up the book fair in a part of the school that was old, wooden stained floors, decorative historic windows. Good times.

They set ours up in the school library in front of the stacks, and we weren't allowed to check out books that week, only buy them.

>My Pet Monster on back-order for like three months

why do schools peddle this shit? do they get any cut of the money and how much?

>mfw I always got the origami books

They probably get a % from Scholastic. I am personally all for anything that gets kids to read more.

mf
LIZARD MUSIC
I
Z
A
R
D

M
U
S
I
C

>mfw they had Pokemon books

>the video game cheat code books
>tfw you had like 2 of the games and you would look at the cheat codes for other games even though you didn't have the money to buy them

I knew I loved this place for a reason, you guys just sent me down a nostalgia trip into my childhood

>tfw was too poorfag to have any fond memories of this

>we weren't allowed to check out books that week, only buy them

Capitalism, ho

>not buying the pc games

That's how I got SimCity 4.

that's how I got Counter-Strike 1.6

weird hey they had these in Australia too, looked exactly the same as here

>tfw mum never gave you money for books

That's how I got Shiyouchuu ~W.C.~

>would circle 10-15 books on the booklet advertising everything available
>could only buy two or three
Joke's on you, mom! Now I can buy all the books I want. Which is why I have 30 at home on my reading list. That I will definitely finish. Eventually.

Hopefully.

>tfw she did and they actually had some awesome shit that day

Or at least a set of World Books.

Oh shit yes this book is so good

This was the real haul

you guys aregreat. So, I got command and conquer tiberian sun through this, and sadly I hated it compared to the originals. It was an odd disappointment for me as a child.

>that/those kids who didn't purchase the complete oeuvre of R.L. Stine via the Scholastic Book Fair
Why even live at this point?

fug this was me

Yeah but it's always bullshit like "encyclopedias" on Star Wars or a book on how to blow bubblegum.

It's also an unholy alliance between a capitalist enterprise and the public school system. Somehow I doubt private schools have Scholastic book fairs.

oh shit, i looked this up and was "gone" googling shit about the book for about 30min. I forgot how i even found the book to begin with and here i am. gold fish memory, but good shit. Feelt like buying it

My Catholic elementary school had Scholastic book fairs.
>tfw the one poorfag there on scholarship