What's a good novel that primarily takes place in the desert?

What's a good novel that primarily takes place in the desert?

Os Sertoes. Devil to Pay in the Backlands.

The Alchemist, inb4 OP said good, I actually enjoyed this it was a comfy read
The Little Prince

all novels take place....
in the desert....
....of the real....

The alchemist is shit, Paulo Coello is shit and you should feel bad. There, I said it.

fuckin the Bibel u twat

eden, eden, eden

The Sheltering Sky.

I assume you say that because you read it, but I'm pretty sure you haven't

Little Prince is ducking GOAT

Ginormous worms and spice

whoa

Leviticus is pretty fun

I always kek at these non-latinos who don't know they are reading self-help bulshit aimed at the lowest common denomitator. Paulo Coelho is airport bookstore-tier shit, or even worse.

But hey, if you liked it, that's okay. I'm no one to judge.
Also, the plot is stolen from some Arabian Nights story (not that there's something inherently wrong with it tho).

DUUDEE
no
DUBS
no
DUMP
eeeh
DUST
nooo, it's just at the tip of my tongue
DUNK?

Everything he has told you its true, not only its walmart/airport tiet, is the single lowest piece of literature you'll come across in latin america, to give you some context, our entire tv entretainmen industry is composed by girls who have to whore themselvs out to football players and the kind of people who unironically get a "love is love" tatoo on the wrist/ anckle and say on interviews "everyone should get one, the world would be a better place that way".
This are the kind of people who quote coello's the alchemist as their favorite book.

Not only does it read as a YA novel, but every single one of the metaphores is heavy handed, tried and true, and predictable. I really wanted to believe brazil had finally birthed a good author, but we wull just have to keep waiting.

How has no one said Dune

Becuse we wanted to give you the satisfaction.
And because it was asumed no one was pleb enough to not know about Dune.

Children of Dune

The alchemist is the comfiest book I've read, at least the first half before he meets the alchemist.

ITT: Master Linguists.

I only two languages... out of what woodwork do all these renaissance men materialise from?

She.

The Bible

The Qur'an and the accompanying Hadiths.

>According to `Amr b. Maymûn : I was in Yemen. Amongst the female goats of my people, I saw that at a heightened place, a male monkey brought along a female monkey and slept while keeping her hand beneath his head. During this time, a young monkey came and signaled the female monkey. She softly removed her hand from beneath the male monkey's head and went with the young monkey. She fornicated with him and I was watching it. After that, the female monkey returned and was softly trying to put her hand back under the male monkey's head that he woke up bewildered and smelled her and then screamed.

>All the monkeys gathered thereafter. He would point towards her and scream constantly (i.e. she has committed adultery). At last the other monkeys went towards the right left and brought along that young monkey whom I recognized. They dug a hole for this young monkey and the female one and stoned them to death. So I saw monkeys stoning to death too besides the human race.
Taiseer-ul-Baari, volume 2, Page 626

They sell it at supermarkets where I live as well, I know it's self-help shit tier but it is the comfiest read

Excellent rec.

Blood Meridian has quite a few desert parts

Just read summary and some quotes, seems like a great read thanks user

Le petit prince.

It's quite curious how Paulo Coelho is seen outside the Latin speaking world.
Here, he's basically bathroom reading.

Don't know why. There are so many BR or PT authors so much better.

The Stranger.
The Plague.

:)

The Little Prince
Le Clezio's Desert.

Wind, Sand and Stars

>So I saw monkeys stoning to death too besides the human race.

Right on. Also gay monkeys = one of the best arguments for gay humans.

I don't know why the hate for The Alchemist, is just a fable

/thread

In Desert and Wilderness by Henryk Sienkiewicz
for reasons unknown wikipedia says that it's YA but don't get fooled it was writtnen in 1912 there was no YA back then

You don't understand. Muslims believe that monkeys are just cursed Jews.