Anyone want to collaborate on a novel?

Any creative, talented, passionate, interesting writers want to help add to and/or edit the rough draftness of what I have written?

The attempt of the novel is to include any interesting thought or insight about anything. Philosophy, poetry, narrative. (it is, to degrees, experimental, attempts at some long rambling poetic passages. I only say this to detract any purely straight laced writers)

I am just posting this in the hopes there is at least one person who may come across it who has the time and desire to take on a potential pet project, to make my work their own, and contribute their own best effort and artistry to a work which has the potential to be great, and with their contribution greater.

(if you may be interested, we can talk in this thread, and you can email derndernit123 at gmail . com )

Other urls found in this thread:

cosmoetica.com/Contact-Submissions.htm
urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=feeding the chickens
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I didn't know SimCity has graphics that good.

Makes me want to move to the Netherlands.

Anyways, OP, send a few pages to fuz006 at gmail dot com. I'll take a look in the next few days, and if it strikes my interest I'll let you know.

Instead of looking on this board, you should contact the greatest living author instead.

cosmoetica.com/Contact-Submissions.htm

I think we could do something fun like write a book about how people with no cultural identity adopt Capeshit and faux geek culture as their identity since they have nothing to imprint on. Would anyone be interested in creating a fake author from some third world shithole to write this type of book? I think it could be pretty interesting. Basically what we're going for is American Psycho but with Capeshit.

thats sounds boring and meaningless and lame though, inconsequential. Like dweebs picking on a different kind of dweeb in the highschool cafeteria. Arent there more worthy and pressing and impressive topics and issues in the world? That can be a part of a novel, a theme, a segment, "what's with all these super hero movies, comic books, video games, pop science, toys, lovers?", "I don't know, what's their deal?" _______ and then you say?

>Philosophy, poetry, narrative.

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=feeding the chickens

sorry for being so harsh mate, for one I have an amount of writing and vague and more than vague ideas for a novel, and when I responded it was quite late and I was tired so cranky I guess, I thought of a title:

God loves fads; and other idio-t-centric complacencies; An E-manuel on how to ditch your hollow empty meaningless worthless simple petty consumerist husk of a soul for a better hipsterier one: Or how I learned to stop worrying and love the bong

Are you a awesome and great writer looking to take on a pet project to infuse with your own awesome greatness that can result in a special and important and awesome and great novel?

I think I've seen this before.
I'm an aspiring writer. I have made some attempts but have never finished anything yet. For now writing is just a hobby, some fun and a creative outlet.
I had the ambition to go to university after college. I was the type of guy to skip classes in college to sit and read in the library or spend that time reading scientific articles. But due to life's circumstances university is now far away and it seems it isn't cracked-up to be. And me and education don't go along.
That's a bit about me.

So to the writing. I absolutely suck at describing, whatever it is how somebody is dressed, what a room looks like and so on. I am better at making remarks and comments. I think that I'm at my best at being funny, clever and pissing people off. That's what I'm trying to exploit in my own project.

I want to put those years that I spend self-learning into creative writing. This is another thing I want to exploit. Most writers seem to avoid non-fiction and I'm confident that even those who don't do not have the exact same interests as I do. So I can be clever or funny, perhaps even insightful, by using what've learned.

I think a collaboration has some potential to be fun and be a learning process. I'm not the type to nitpick and I believe in full linguistic freedom (well... only spelling should be correct, fuck the rest). So if I do email you, I rather not add or edit to your draft. I think I would prefer giving thoughts and ideas that I feel could add to it or as some sort of inspiration, but you should decide what to do with it. And I'm going to be selective, even on Veeky Forums I refuse to share some ideas or thoughts, or decide to not post a comment because I think these are original and clever enough for my project.

I would like to hear it if you have more to say what you look for in a collaborator. And how you see the process.
I'm saving your email.

>I rather not add or edit to your draft. I think I would prefer giving thoughts and ideas that I feel could add to it or as some sort of inspiration
So you are an aspiring writer, but for this, you would not want to try to write on the story, add or edit, but just give some thoughts and ideas?

I was hoping for someone to help me with structure, ideas about plot, flow, story line, characters, but maybe you would read things and have some interesting ideas to add in besides any of those other types of suggestions.

>I was hoping for someone to help me with structure, ideas about plot, flow, story line, characters
I'm still here
Those are the things I'm struggling with in my own writing, especially the structure and story line. So I don't feel like I'm the person for the job. But it is not like I don't want to do such things, I just don't think I have the talent (yet) and experience to do them.
I do think I could help out with characters and flow.

And if I were to give critique. Say I think something is cliché do you want to hear it?

That's why I'm asking what you are looking for and how you see the process. We could have a temporary collaboration, a test of sorts, I look at your draft you ask me what you want as feedback and if you don't like it you ditch me.

Ideally I was looking for someone with similar interests and tastes and abilities as me, to add their opinions, talents, art and passion to mine.

Are you working on a novel now? pure curiosity, how old are you?

Who are your favorite writers? What are your favorite books? Could you compare your writing to anyone I may know?

Can I just post one of my weird artsy bullshit stories and someone puts it into the book? I really want to be part of a finished product, but com'on. This is Veeky Forums. I can't be fucked to put myself out there emotionally for people to ridicule me, and also I don't actually care that much.

>Are you working on a novel now
Yes. But progress is slow. See below.
>how old are you?
I'm 26 years old.
>Who are your favorite writers? What are your favorite books? Could you compare your writing to anyone I may know?
I don't think you'll get the answers you want here. I'm the odd-ball here because I've always read mainly non-fiction, mostly popular-scientific because that was available at the time. Now that I have access to textbooks I read those more.
The very few fiction that I've read are books that Veeky Forums shits on, say Catch-22. I've read a few classics since I've been here like "A rebours". For my own project I've planned to read more fiction. I want to read all the textbooks that I want to read first because those aren't available during vacation. I'm not writing for prestige. I think what I'm trying to attempt comes the closest to transgressive fiction though with a different kind of edgy (I think violence and sexual taboo is overdone). And I want to incorporate textbook knowledge into cleverness somehow.

If this is antithetical to your vision and interest let me know. I'll repeat it: I don't think I am talented and have the right abilities. Let's make that clear. I think the only thing I can offer is a bit of unconventionality.
Also English is not my first language and what I'm writing is in my own.

I'm interested what your interests and visions are, but it is not necessary to tell me.

Also this is what has gotten me to reply to your thread, since I thought maybe it was the same person:
>is this pasta? If you just wrote this, do you want to collaborate on a novel?
If that wasn't you discard this comment. I would still be interested if that wasn't you because I feel like I could use the experience of the collaboration.

yea, may as well just send an email

jesus fucking christ. what the fuck.

Based on his last couple of threads being spammed here OP (faggot) is just an ideas guy that wants other to do the hard work.
Don't fall for it.

1,000 or so pages. Do you fit the qualifications of the op?

op have you edited it all? have you done any rewriting?

Its not all edited no. I have done some rewritting, but for the most part there is a lot of rough draft slop.

>yea, may as well just send an email
I'll do next week. If you don't hear from me next week I changed my mind.
And remember: ditch me if you can.

checked mate

pictures like these make me want to beg God for an answer to the question "How do I not be a virus?"

What the fuck is this website?

>Anyone want to collaborate on a novel?

"user, why haven't you turned in anything yet??? I'm over here working the business side of the novel, man. Doing my part. Why aren't you writing??"