The AltWoke manifesto
tripleampersand.org/alt-woke-manifesto/

kunsthallezurich.ch/sites/default/files/scum_manifesto.pdf

this but actually mine

Hacker's Manifesto

hate the word "manifesto" desu

UniBomber trounces them so hard it ruins the question

legacy.gscdn.nl/archives/images/suicide_note.pdf

is this some speculative realism/cyber-xeno-unconditional-accelerationism shit?

Unabomber manifesto is pretty scary to read. He's right about the problem and wrong about the solution, just like Marx.

In what way is he wrong about the solution? And what is the right solution (if there is one)?
Genuinely curious.

Best manifesto in terms of impact?
Tie b/w communist manifesto and the 95 theses.

In terms of style.
Also sprach zarathustra.

Couple pages in... looks like left-accelerationism so far, but too early to tell.

GNU manifesto

>Unabomber manifesto is pretty scary to read. He's right about the problem and wrong about the solution, just like Marx.

What a boring normie opinion. I really don't understand how you could agree with Marx's critique of political economy and completely reject his solution. To me that simply sounds like you haven't actually read his serious work, you can't neatly separate his analysis like that.

The second one. Is a bunch of leftist writing "reeeee identity politics but also capitalism, ok?"

>just like Marx.
>thinking Marx was right about anything

lmao kys

Nothing can top this one.

How do you pretend to justify not being a Marxist in the current year?

Marxism has some good insights that probably no intelligent person would disagree with, but there's also a lot of nonsense built up around that word. It doesn't really make sense to be "a Marxist". Just take the valid stuff from Marxism and move on.

I'm actually pretty amazed he managed to write such a clear record of such a troubled mind, as he was descending deeper and deeper into insane fury against the world. His manifesto is a strange combination of lucidity and huge gaps in self awareness.
The man practically made a religion out of his fixed faith in his own inability to get laid, even though the reality is that he could have gotten laid by going just a bit out of his comfort zone.

This one is pretty good, and absolutely fucking gut-wrenching:
2arms1head.com/
("Two Arms and a Head: The Death of a Newly Paraplegic Philosopher" by Clayton "Atreus" Schwartz)

Due to the original one, (Communist), the "manifesto" as a word and as a literary genre is forever bound up with edgy screeds, ill-advised diagnoses of society and the proposed remedies. It would be interesting to trace the prevalence of the word "manifesto" itself over a course of years as used in media to describe such documents, beginning from the above point (assigned to evil status esp. in postwar America, also through actual historical events of course but I'm just talking culture now) and going through killers documented on the television and in the newspapers, up through today's 24-hour buzz-phrase news cycle.

Even the Futurists, associated with Fascism, had their own "destroy the old" manifesto, which itself is now one of the better-known historical instances of the genre. More great ideas in manifestos, it seems.

It occurred to me that a genuinely good example of the genre, both as literature and in terms of historical effect, once you strip away the negative connotation of the word and the clearly negative effects of most manifestos, is the Declaration of Independence. Happily wiki includes the document in its bullet-point list of examples. Cue the lib-snark and anti-American sentiment at your own convenience.

As if to complete the "bad ideas" series however, wiki currently lists Mein Kampf as being a manifesto. I don't know; I think a manifesto must necessarily be a shorter work, especially due to the classical historical impact on the genre by the brief communist one. A long book, even a book airing grievances and prescribing a specific political/aesthetic program, is not a manifesto IMO.

OP here. I agree with you in general, and I myself am interested in the etymology and history of the word 'manifesto', how it's become associated with the rambling screeds of psychopaths and so on.
That's one of the reasons why I deliberately left what I meant by "manifesto" vague in the title.
I agree that the Declaration of Independence is a great example of a constructive, well thought out manifesto.
In a broad sense of the word, the Constitution is also a manifesto.

I don't think that I have ever once read a single good manifesto. How do you expect me or anyone else to *seriously* nominate one as the best when they are all horrendous piles of shit? Manifestos are brainlet tier trash only useful for appealing to the unwashed masses with provocative, emotionally based rhetoric while only sparsely integrating intelligent justification for a cause. Any real intellectual would read more advanced philosophical texts in place of pamphlets designed for the lowest common denominator.

The one with the frightful hobgoblin

Thank you for a thoughtful reply and I'm happy that you liked my post. As the above context should make clear, I'm American and I take an American interpretation of the word (though of course lots of people speak English today and have access to 24-7 buzzword news so they're conversant in many of the same memes).

A related question to thinking about the word "manifesto" itself is just how media use and recycle and re-tweet meme-language in a general way, but I'm getting out of my depth (someone who literally majored in communications in college and paid attention could teach me a thing or two about this). Something that often happens in partisan American news media today is that the one side will compile one-minute bites of various journalists re-using the same phrase ad-nauseum with reference to such-an-such event; (the comedy news program The Daily Show and the conservative Rush Limbaugh radio program both do this among others) the rhetorical effect of such compilations is to show the absurdity of the repetition, but they can also be taken in a more neutral way which is simply that humans hear a certain phrase and like it and so they run with it. Maybe TV news of the 80s and 90s liked the cachet of the word "manifesto" itself since using it indicates educated knowledge of the Communist one, applying same idea to killer's written documents, so now we also associate the manifesto with the killer's statement of purpose, the suicide note, etc. Kaczynski's document is not as well-known by its proper name, and was instead simply dubbed the "Unabomber Manifesto". Likewise title difference about the Commie one: the proper name of that document is, "MANIFESTO of the Communist Party; the word itself being the very first thing.

While the Declaration of Independence is clearly a manifesto in my view, I don't agree that the Constitution is one (I know you're doing broad strokes but we all draw the line somewhere). Whereas the Declaration is a charter which makes a swift rhetorical statement of principles and a very long Airing of the Grievances which implies necessary violence and which dominates its middle (this perfectly fits the modern understanding of a manifesto post-Marx/Engels), the Constitution was hashed out more carefully and under less immediate duress. I'm halfway through the Federalist Papers at the moment, and those essays (an extended train of thought by multiple authors) which I would also not describe as manifesto(es) due to collective length, are far more rhetorical. Basically for me, the manifesto par excellance is the Communist one. In addition to invoking the word, it has a political, aesthetic and moral program, all at once, which is what they're always concerned with.

The /etymology/ itself even gets interesting, the deeper you go. The italian Manifesto leads to the Latin(?) Manifest "there it is, the thing, self-evident" etc, which goes very neatly to general moral programs and the language of the Declaration.