Are the body and soul separate substances?

Are the body and soul separate substances?

yea
why you axe?

This is your brain on Veeky Forums and schizotypy

you're really missing out. You need to recognize the self as spirit to end despair desu

You can call the mind the spirit but it's just semantics at that point.

I see myself as a whole of competing and cooperating entities.
There's no self.

try and actually give explanations

give her the dick

Without the preceding conversation of "what is substance" this whole conversation is hamstrung.

what if its small though my dick is small

Ehmmm... no

uh if yous wanna b technical and all shit, all is one substance, 'cuz is all Being. Assuming being b real, nigga must be unchanging, for dat potential for change and movement implies its gotta coming to b and a going away, and it certainly can't b said that that which b real can go away, an ya can't have it coming to b (cuz it would den come from nothing, which is logically whack as shit) but must essentially have always been. Plurality an movement, den, must b an illusion in the oneness. So it can b spoke dat body an soul are not separate substances in dat dey share the same essence, being Being.
Nigga can also say the soul and body are separate substances cuz, if the soul b tru, den from where it gotta come from and to where it gonna go? Is b dependent on the body, or merely poppin a squat up in der in it but unconnected? Upon observation there be no definitive part that connects them - a nigga can lose a hand and have his soul entirely, lose any part of dat niggas brain individually and he still gonna have his soul. So the soul does not come from da body, and it ain't gonna be said to go into da body or be part of dat body. It can survive without the body, if we are gonna believe in the soul in such a way. Therefore, dey must be of different substance within the same essence.
yo you good?

yo if da bitch's small she gonna think yo got a big one

This book is actually very very good.

On my reading list. Care to give a quick rundown?

it's just typical scientism drivel.

>woah if you physically mess with the brain it changes your personality and shit I guess decartes was wrong xD

Sounds like you have schizotypy desu
I'm not interested in your leaky mind. I just wanted a basic gestalt.

Read Phenomenology of perception by Merleau-Ponty. Then read this.

Will keep that in mind
Putting it on my list, thanks for the rec

No. All is One my friend.

There is only the Nous, even the first proper philosopher knew that.

The title is a bit misleading, but he full on addresses the question of is your soul actually separated from your body.
And it's not "scientism". I doubt
has read it.

Everything is apart of itself. Do not drag your essence on leash in the back of your mind. Be open as all you are and welcome that blissful wholeness

There is no mind-body problem, our biology influences our mind very heavily.

>assuming being b real
>if the soul b true

The soul is the form of the body.

>soul
>substance

that's just reductionism. not even full reductionism, it's reductionism that stops halfway down the ladder.
that the whole is made up of many parts smaller does not disprove the existence of the whole.

woah

So souls can copulate? Can souls eat?

I can't take a fucking inbred who writes like a nigger seriously. Fuck off you absolute spastic.

Ryle

What do you mean by this?

Fuck outta here with that descartes shit.
No they are not. Humans are literally the same as animals.

>nigger tier verbosity in response
>expects to be taken seriously

Begone, reductionist materialist retard.

Is that Aquinas?

Define soul.

some neuroscientists now believe consciousness is picked up by the brain, which acts like a satellite dish so....dunno desu.

so you're saying animals have souls too?

Not only that, but the "soul" is made up of at least 3 different parts

This has been known for thousands of years

separated by what?
is that the right question to ask?
separated by whom?

no u don't understand, everything that's even remotely related to science is scientism, understand?

is this spirit science?

No it's spirit level, completely different things

Who's asking? Will it improve your life if you knew?

>he thinks that the Soul is literally present in the body
>he doesn't realise that our Soul already resides with God, and that its absence in Creation is a consequence of the Fall
>he doesn't realise that the Soul is present so far as it is absent, meaning that the only way to God is to contemplate the almost inescapable sense that we live in a Godless world

Yeah, Aristotle/Aquinas, basically scholasticism.

>tfw no heretic gf
Just kill me

Plato, and he's wrong, the soul is the form of man.

I fucking hope so.

:(

It's a human construct meant to get us through a subjective existence, like Justice or Love or Art; things that are real and immaterial at the same time.

>no reference to anal/oral sex

missed opportunity

>soul exists
What is this faggotry?

Thanks for this. Brilliant.

Both soul and body are being, being is the least common denominator of all. I don't understand what the difficulty is. What are they composed of if not being? And if both are composed of being, the question is answered.

No, but our form and our manifestation on Earth are separate entities. Have you even read Plato?

>this is probably heresy
lmfao i read that one last

why not? why only man can have a soul?

having a spine, my incel friend