Is this still the best piece of hypertext literature ever produced?

Is this still the best piece of hypertext literature ever produced?

Dude knife cracer 3001 lol

Pardon the fuck out of me?

Probably homestuck now

>he's never read House of Leaves

Funny you should say that, I actually just finished it and that's what inspired me to make this thread. At some points fun and evocative of dread, I found it however to be on the whole a pretty blatant gimmicky cash-in on the power of novelty. That isn't to to say I didn't enjoy some parts of the read, but it didn't really say much, and the format changes will be rendered mundane and obselete by the evolution of internet-based fiction going forward, an idea which forces me to concede a point to , even if I don't really agree.

fuck blade runner 2049

Daily reminder that the poem is supposed to be bad and if you liked it you are a certified pleb.

I still dont get it

knife racer*
my bad

Annual reminder that "enjoyability" of the poem is not the quality being evaluated when judging the piece itself, rather the contents of the poem and how they synthesize to present the novel's broader themes and messages.

So... Do i have to go back and forth between the poem an the notes to read it correctly?

FUCK

It's hypertext. You get to choose how you'd like to read it.

Man hypertext is weirdly hard to write. I think Ashbery's Litany is the best though.

wrong, read Pale Fire and the Magic of Artistic Discovery

I know that the poem is supposed to be middle of the road, but Nabokov can't helping sneaking some great lines in

>I am the shadow of the waxwing slain
>By the false azure in the window pane

And the cells interlinked part is one of the most outstanding sections of the poem.

Absolute shit book. A prime example of when valuing structure over texture goes wrong. I can't believe people fell for the paltry meme tricks Danielewski employed. Writing every instance of the word 'house' in blue! Masterful artistic expression

It's supposed to be structural, architectural. It's a "house". The book is a house. (It was probably more interesting to read online.)

>Have wanted to buy Pale Fire for a while
>Now if I do it the QT who works at the bookstore will think I'm a pleb buying it because of Blade Runner.
fuck...

OP here, what is this meem? I haven't seen 2049 yet, is Pale Fire actually significant to the story?

The main character has the book and it's pointed out explicitly, and is also used significantly.

>currently re-reading it
>can't boast about it now

no, it is Dictionary of the Khazars