What the fuck does keto even do

what the fuck does keto even do

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wSsfMYMEle8
nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/medicine/laureates/2005/press.html
ruled.me/low-carb-pepperoni-pizza/
bbc.co.uk/news/health-43064290
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's starves your body of carbs so it's forced to burn excess fat to keep you alive.

so if you eat nothing but meat (with zero carbs), that would kill you if you had no fat tissue?

fries your liver and kidneys, acidifies the blood, makes you feel confused and gives you flu symptoms.

And kills (starves to death) pathogenic bacteria which otherwise live in your ass and make you ill.

High insulin is probably more damaging to your body than high blood sugar. Many people have hyperinsulinemia, an over production of insulin whenever they eat, and don't know it. It's the precursor to hyperglycaemia and diabetes, like HIV precedes full blown AIDS.

Keto diet is supposed to reduces the insulin in your blood and decrease insulin production whenever you do go back to eating carbs occacionally. And going into at least short periods of ketosis helps your mitochondria repair themselves. If it's true that cancer is a metabolic disease, not giving cancer its preferred food (carbs) is good, too.

KERF

KETO EXCLUSIONARY RADICAL FOODIE

K E R F

This is exactly what our ancestors ate, of course it's healthier than a diet of bread, sugar, cereal, pasta, rice, potatoes, grains, chemicals and aids.

It allows people to be as obnoxious as vegans without giving up meat.

diabetes scares me but i love carbs. what are some good carb free breads?

youtube.com/watch?v=wSsfMYMEle8

I've seen it get fatties into shape, help them learn how to listen to their bodies, and bring up their self esteem.

Keto is hard to do for a lifetime and I see it as a tool to help get you into a healthier state fast and then transition into paleo.

Also shows you how much of a fucking drug sugar is when people whine and cry about having to give up carbs for a week then fail day 3 and binge on junk.

The idea is that you eat more fat and that makes up for any deficit you get from losing calories you were getting from carbs. The emphasis on keto is healthy fats from meat, nuts, oils, etc., protein is supposed to be somewhat restricted. Too much protein can spike insulin similarly to carbs.

Your body will always burn glucose from the carbs you eat or your own stored glycogen before it goes to body fat, which makes losing weight so difficult. Once your body gets acclimated to burning ketones from food, it will more easily dip into your own fat stores and make losing weight come easier.

i checked sparkpeople.com for carb amounts in almond flour and wheat flour. neat. thanks.

>and then transition into paleo.

i was gonna get mad but this is bait anyway

At least give me a little bit of satisfaction, i'm lonely.

Its actually dangerous if you are in a survival situation to only eat rabbit or other small game because their is little to no fat.

your ancestors ate more bread, grains and shitty beer than even the fattest fucking american alive today

Modern humans came into being 200,000 years ago. Older ancestors, millions of years. Bread has been around for 10,000 years. Shush.

And had they dialed that shit back they might still be around instead of being dead as fuck

Don't post pictures of bad bikes on my board

Ketofags, please tell me why milk is unacceptable but CHEESE is fine?

>cheese is curdled milk

>Bread has been around for 10,000 years

Yeah, and it has only benefited us

Then why does it make my intestine bleed and ulcerate, and why are so many people gluten intolerant?

why do people turn to stupid diets instead of just learning to eat certain things in moderation and exercising

So they don't die from IBD, cancer, heart disease... yaknow, so they're not cucked by a shitty, mass-produced fagdiet of foods our bodies aren't designed to be fuelled by

random genetic mutations that get passed onto future generations

The cheese starter culture bacteria consume the milk sugar (lactose) and produce lactic acid as a byproduct. So the milk starts out with a bunch of carbs in the form of lactose, and the bacteria that make milk into cheese "eat" that lactose as part of the process.

bread is a staple in the diet of poverty folk. US great depression era people ate a ton of bread because it was cheap and filling.

they lived, sadly. what say you now?

>fries your liver and kidneys
Only long term.
>acidifies the blood
You're thinking ketoacidosis, faggot.
>makes you feel confused and gives you flu symptoms
This is called the keto flu, and is the reason why many fatasses quit the diet. What happens is they do the diet WRONG, and fail to get electrolytes and/or don't drink enough water. That's literally it.

Nope. It's caused by modern diet causing overgrowth of pathogenic micro-organisms. Here's someone winning the nobel prize for proving it
nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/medicine/laureates/2005/press.html
but do tell me more, I mean I've only been on the diet for 17 years every day and am hospitalised if I deviate even by accident, but I'll grab a pen, do tell, you're clearly a pro...

Look into the prevalence of auto immune disease, especially intestinal disease, that's what I say.
Leaving the thread because I've had this argument a million times over decades, but the keyboard professors here sound painfully dumb, just so they know.

ruled.me/low-carb-pepperoni-pizza/

obama got a nobel peace prize for bombing children in syria

Prehistoric humans ate a healthy diet of chasing prey thirty miles on foot until it dies of exhaustion with a side of fat people get eaten by wolves.
If bushes grew twinkies you'd lose weight foraging 25 square miles of them a day.

No, he got it because he was the first black president. It was a token black kid moment. Purely virtue signalling.

oh ok so are unsweetened nut milks acceptable?

Yes, in moderation.

And yet gaps.me, by biochemist, neurologist and nutritionist Dr Gotschall seems to prove you wrong. Weird.
Forgot this link, hence my not leaving you idiots to quabble. But here, BBC news a couple of weeks ago talking about how bread is giving people cancer
bbc.co.uk/news/health-43064290
ok im out, or this thread will just piss me off

>in moderation

gotcha! any food and diet is acceptable in moderation

This has astonishingly little to with prehistoric humans being healthy because they were active.

getting pissed off burns calories from your brain, please don't go

By that logic lemons and oranges are also bad, as eating too many of them can cause the same issues

That article is explicitly talking about "ultra-processed foods" though.

You seem to be misunderstanding whether it's the wheat or the chemical cocktail of preservatives and additives that causes a Poptart to give you cancer.

If people used search engines, we pretty much would only have webm and McChicken threads, you people are retarded.

Honestly it works but I think it works just because by nature it cuts out junk shit food and super terrible processed shit out of people's diets. So it's easier to feel full eating lower calories and really hard to overeat.

This desu. It gets tiring explaining the same things over and over again.

Keto is the latest meme diet that works by tricking stupid people into inadvertently switching to a low-calorie diet by following easily remembered rules.
It cuts out the most common high-calorie foods people eat without thinking.
That's it.

Ignore literally all pseudoscience about ketogenesis, fat burning, liver damage, blah blah blah.

eat like this
>poorfag, can still afford really nice meat because no money spent on bread and sweets

>latest
It has been around longer than you've been alive though. Just because you only just heard of it last month doesn't mean it's the "latest" thing.

unfortunately it will still be around even after you've died from liver failure due to your gay meme diet, you nigger faggot

Are you literally arguing semantics?

Alright how about this.
Keto is [an old] meme diet that works by tricking stupid people into inadvertently switching to a low-calorie diet by following easily remembered rules.
It cuts out the most common high-calorie foods people eat without thinking.
That's it.

Ignore literally all pseudoscience about ketogenesis, fat burning, liver damage, blah blah blah.

Better?

Sure, but you missed the part where it was developed by the Mayo Clinic and is still pushed by doctors and nutritionists today. AKA people who AREN'T keyboard professors.

>it was developed by the Mayo Clinic
>is still pushed by doctors and nutritionists today
citation needed

You obviously dont know much about bikes

>>it was developed by the Mayo Clinic
Who was Dr. Russel Wilder?
>>is still pushed by doctors and nutritionists today
Literally just ask.

Alright you see the problem here is this:
You think that because Nutritionists recommend Keto to people that it's not a braindead simple diet for stupid people to follow that hides all the normal complexities of planning a diet behind easily followed rules.
When in reality Nutrtionists recommend Keto to people because it's a braindead simple diet for stupid people to follow that hides all the normal complexities of planning a diet behind easily followed rules.

Keto works because you don't eat 1500 calorie cakes, 2000 calorie bags of chips, 700 calorie glasses of chocolate milk, etc.

went paleo because GOMAD made me hate milk and I already wasnt big on grains

>he thinks the only people who do keto are fatasses with no self control when even UFC fighters, endurance racers, and bodybuilders are opting for it

Nigger please, if Bruce Lee can feast on rice and Mike Tyson can eat bread and every football player ever loves pasta then I think you can let normal people keep eating their carbs.

No I'm willing to bet UFC fighters, endurance racers and bodybuilders are actually following well formulated diets that precisely tracks everything from calorie intake to their macros which only happen to superficially resemble keto because they aren't shoveling oreos into their mouths.

Maybe if you actually do your own research, you'd be able to confirm that.
Bruce Lee also died young.

>have to tell militant vegans to fuck off
>now have to tell militant ketofags to fuck off as well

Okay, let me rephrase that.
I know for a fact that UFC fighters, endurance racers and bodybuilders are actually following well formulated diets that precisely tracks everything from calorie intake to their macros which only happen to superficially resemble keto because they aren't shoveling oreos into their mouths.

Not that the average joe on keto is losing weight for the same reason as an Olympic Athlete on their keto-similar diet since if you were to eat the same diet as Magnus Magnusson while doing fuckall exercise you were still be fat.

>Targeted Ketogenic Diet doesn't exist
You're just digging a deeper hole.

Digging a deeper hole of what? I literally fucking agree with you that Keto works.

But a "targeted ketogenic diet" is just a fucking diet; it works because it meets your nutritional needs for what you're trying to attain with your body.
I also don't see professional athletes dodging cottage cheese or whole-wheat pasta because they actually need some understanding of why their diet works the way they need it to.

Don't fucking conflate OP's "Eat the food on this image to get thin" and targeted, tracked nutritional goals.

Youd prolly have to try a bunch to see what you like.

Irrelevant point. For the most part, we don't even make the good kind of bread they used to eat. Look at the people around you. The world is in a commerce-driven dietary disease crisis. These fucking refined wheat flours are total shit.

This sounds exactly like the Atkins diet with a more scientific name.

They don't do keto long term though because it fucks with their literal job. IIRC keto is almost entirely used to get into the targeted weight range for fighters and very low bf% for bodybuilders to compete. They don't stay on it.

The other use is indeed for fatasses who can't metabolise carbohydrates anymore (or to reduce seizures in some diseases but that's pretty irrelevant.

So, are you a professional athlete trying to compete or are you utterly insulin resistent? If no then keto is shit for you and any other diet with a hypocaloric intake does the same for weight loss but likely healthier.

I'm a doctor, and I've never heard of it.

Doesn't count unless you're a medical doctor, or have a doctorate in the natural sciences. Post stethoscope or microscope and timestamp, faggot.

make you pretencious and more stupid than a child

>Irrelevant point
nope. You are just closing your eyes and screeching at this point

That's literally (literally) what it is.

No, it is not. Even the induction phase is different, despite having the same goal.

Supposed to make you go under ketosis for max gains

>pretencious
You have the spelling ability of a child.

>the diet works if you get it 100% perfect

so it has the exact same problems as every other diet, huh?

You don't have to do it perfect. You just can't do it wrong. AKA, not doing that retarded butter drink, not doing bacon and eggs as your meal base, and not doing away with vegetables or nuts. It's easy as fuck to do the diet right, but people go in blind expecting EpicMealTime-tier bacon based meals and then go on to complain about how they feel sick.

I keep trying to do Keto well, but giving up on milk is hard. Still, I noticed by not doing keto perfect it can still work pretty well. Eating only 1500 calories per day and not feeling hungry.

You can always do something like unsweetened almondmilk. Sweeten it with stevia or erythritol if you really have to.

>retarded butter drink
Are you referring to bulletproof coffee? I still wanted to try that once, but already figured it had to be some kind of meme.

What is MCT?

Endurance racers literally are shoveling anything into their mouths.

Medium-chain triglyceride. Basically it's a type of fat that is metabolized at a similar rate as higher GI foods like carbs. It's typically extracted from coconuts and is fairly tasteless on it's own but has a way of amplifying the flavor of whatever you put it in.

It also boosts blood ketone levels

Go ahead and try it desu, but use the real recipe. I was referring more to the people who start mixing butter into different things to up their fat intake. Bulletproof coffee is one of them, but when people do that they end up just putting butter in coffee and forgoing the other steps.

I understood that tour the France cyclists stuff themselves with grains and pastas and very carbohydrate dense foods.

Tbh you can either do that, or you can just drink/eat anything with glucose/sucrose to get readily available carbs. Candy works, like gummy bears or chocolate. Maple syrup works. Et cetera. Just gotta take it thirty minutes before.

When I used to compete in triathalons id absolutely gorge on pasta the night before a race.
Carbs = Long Term Energy.

That's wrong you retard. Carbohydrates are usually used for short term whereas fats are used for long term.

Starchy carbs you fucking Idiot.

>endurance athletes practice fat loading

>implying that was remotely what I was saying
You could just as easily use a readily available source rather than a long term source.

uhhh lol

why can't people just do pushups and squats inn their living room

Some people don't have the room, others are too fat to be able to do them, and sometimes it's a combination of the two. That's where diets come in. Any other retarded questions?

>my living room is too small to do push ups and squats
Fatties come up with the worst excuses.

Can you do keto on a budget? I started trying to do it but I kept eating a ton of nuts and I spent over $250 a month. I barely even bought any meat because that's expensive as fuck too. I don't know what else to eat.

Being fat is a form of mental retardation that lets you make excuses that justify whatever base impulses you have.