Untitled

did you make this lol

you posted an image that doesn't even understand what nihilism is

what is the goal of this thread op

>What VOCAL nihilists think they are
>What VOCAL nihilists actually are
Fixed that for you.

All fedoras need to (a) shut the fuck up and (b) read Jung (particularly his works on religion) to gain perspective on why not only religion is an important aspect of our psyche, but also why religious people are evolutionarily better equipped and thus, in a sense, the better people. Oh, and of course, the adverse effects of loss of religion. We wouldn't be living in an Orwellian dystopia if it wasn't for those who got an existential emptiness after losing religion that they subsequently filled with a religious-like take on marxism.

t. a nihilist who went all the way to antinatalism, and then read Jung and cut all the vocal atheist crap except for threads such as these. Having kids is still cruel and immoral though, but that exactly proved why I'm as evolutionarily ill-equipped as can be.

hell yeah

>peterson drones
>actually believing we're in an orwellian dystopia
>marxism boogeyman

you kids are so easy to read it's painful. READ A BOOK.

>it's another college freshman Marxist
grow up

>read the books i want you to read

Peterson is one of those vocal cunts I dislike. We ARE living in an Orwellian dystopia brought about by marxism though, and if you can't see the parallels when it comes to (lack of) privacy, newspeak, the figure of Emmanuel Goldstein and the Two Minutes of Hate, plus so many others, you're retarded. Not to mention Animal Farm and 1984 were explicitly written as a rebuttal to '40s soviet communism, from the point of view of a Trotskyist who felt betrayed, so by concept, the more marxism, the more Orwellian, which clearly is a dystopia. But go ahead and try to implement the virtues of the USSR, or mainland China, or Pol Pot's Cambodia, or Best Korea, or Cuba, or Venezuela where you live. Their citizens certainly wouldn't consider their situation the deepest pit of an Orwellian dystopia if they were aware of the concept, surely. Fucking hell.

Though I guess we're closer to Huxley's dystopia than Orwell's, but the point stands.

As for
>READ A BOOK
I just gave YOU at least one volume of books you should read (the 11th volume of Jung's collected works), if not 20.

>recommending jung
you are a brainlet dude, stop trying to give advice

>read Jung (particularly his works on religion) to gain perspective on why not only religion is an important aspect of our psyche, but also why religious people are evolutionarily better equipped and thus, in a sense, the better people.
Why would I read pseudoscience to understand anything?

Because not all psychology is the pseudoscience we know as clinical psychology. At its base, psychology is supposed to be the science that studies human behavior, and Jung's Psychology and Religion details a series of experiments that do follow the scientific method.

>Nihihlists

>Muh pragmatic truth
Kys

>there's something bad about objectivity
Fucking christ.

>It's pseudoscience only when it disagrees with me goys

>Pragmatic truth
>Objective
Jesus Christ, do you even read?

Aren't you misunderstanding something? No, of course pragmatic truth isn't objective. It's opinionated by definition, thus subjective, which is the antonym of "objective". And what I was discussing here was perspective. Objectivity is pursued by collecting, considering and weighing more perspectives.

Also,
>It's pseudoscience only when it disagrees with me goys
It's pseudoscience when it doesn't follow the scientific method, which clinical psychology, overall, does not.

christians are nihilist too

Let's gloss over the day that it took you 7 minutes to elaborate this milquetoast drivel.
>Aren't you misunderstanding something? No, of course pragmatic truth isn't objective.
Then why the fuck did you think that I was implying that there is something bad with objectivity?
>It's opinionated by definition, thus subjective, which is the antonym of "objective"
Wow. Is this the power of internet Jung scholars?
>It's opinionated by definition
Ok
>thus subjective
Amazing insight
>which is the antonym of "objective"
Another amazing insight. I'm deeply moved.
>Objectivity is pursued by collecting, considering and weighing more perspectives.
Wow congrats! You just discovered thinking! This, however, doesn't address the question on whether objective truth can exist within a pragmatic truth framework (protip: it can't).

In short: you went from being an atheist brainlet to a "cultural Christian" type brainlet who thinks that religion isn't all that bad after all, man. You were a gullible moron, you are a gullible moron and you will always be a gullible moron.

>Let's gloss over the day that it took you 7 minutes to elaborate this milquetoast drivel.
I'm watching muh sunday japanese variety shows, not stalkingly monitoring the thread. Obsessive, shameful, pretty gay weeabooism is what filled the existential emptiness left by my loss of religion, by the way.

>Then why the fuck did you think that I was implying that there is something bad with objectivity?
Due to the way you formulated this post >array of quotes
You clearly need extra clarity, so I was obviously being intentionally redundant.

>you went from being an atheist brainlet to a "cultural Christian" type brainlet
I went from being an atheist to still being an atheist, though from militant fedora (before the invention of the meme) to not militant anymore.

>who thinks that religion isn't all that bad after all, man
It's not that I think "religion isn't all that bad after all, man". It's that I can see religion has a purpose, and those who attack religious people are no better than kikes attacking mudslimes and viceversa. That if you can't reconcile logic with religion, which I can't, that doesn't mean you're better than those who are religious. If anything, at least from an evolutionary point of view, you're worse. If you want, I can go into detail as to why, though reading Jung's books on the subject directly instead of just trusting my memory and eloquence would be undoubtedly better.

>I'm watching muh sunday japanese variety shows, not stalkingly monitoring the thread. Obsessive, shameful, pretty gay weeabooism is what filled the existential emptiness left by my loss of religion, by the way.
Okay, I guess.
>Due to the way you formulated this post (You)
Nigger, I'm not sure you understand the notion of pragmatic truth. It isn't objective.
>You clearly need extra clarity, so I was obviously being intentionally redundant.
Sure, top zoz.
>It's that I can see religion has a purpose, and those who attack religious people are no better than kikes attacking mudslimes and viceversa.
My man, slavery has a purpose, violence has a purpose. That a thing has a purpose it's not a ground to determine if said thing is good or true. Has i evert occurred to you that maybe, m a y b e, those who attack religion have already realized that religion has a social purpose (I imagine your amazing insight being that religion is good for social cohesion, right?), but attack it anyway? Anyway, sorry if I insulted you too harshly, I let myself go too easily on the internet.

it’s not halloween quite yet, spooky lad

Nihilism isn't hedonism or pessimism, though those things can be nihilistic. But Christianity is nihilistic as well, and it's neither of those. Nihilism is just denial of life's value.

>Nigger, I'm not sure you understand the notion of pragmatic truth. It isn't objective.
Yes. We've gone through that. I explained why, in extremely redundant ways, here >pragmatic truth isn't objective. It's opinionated by definition (...)

>My man, slavery has a purpose, violence has a purpose. That a thing has a purpose it's not a ground to determine if said thing is good or true. Has i evert occurred to you that maybe, m a y b e, those who attack religion have already realized that religion has a social purpose (I imagine your amazing insight being that religion is good for social cohesion, right?), but attack it anyway?
>he actually wrote "my dude", thought twice, deleted the "dude" and replaced it with "man"
Haha, oh wow.

And while social cohesion does play an indirect part in it, no, that's not the reason why "religion is good" (which is not my argument. I wouldn't make such a broad argument). Again, Jung explains it (and quantifies it through experimentation) better (and doesn't have a 2k letter cap), but basically, people in ancient times saw shit that were impossible to be explained with the accumulated data of their culture at the time (ie thunder), and fell into two camps. Either the ones who invented bullshit to explain what happened and those who also believed in this bullshit; and those who were incapable of finding logic in such a thing, and thus either went mad trying to find such logic, or simply had to comply. And if they didn't comply, chances are they became pariahs and didn't propagate their species (with the exception of maybe rapes). So, hundreds of evolutionary cycles later, here we are, made of genes of belief. And when we remove religion, those genes are still there, and the void left where religion should have been definitely gets filled by something else, most often much worse than most religions. Except islam and judaism. There's little worse than those doctrines, and marxism is just secularized judaism anyway.

>t. a nihilist
>fedoras need to
>Need
>nihilist
I'm sorry, what.

Hedonism is just nihilism without the self awareness.

>reading Jung=Brainlet
Jesus Christ are you fucking stupid

10/10 would cringe again

I actually think this post is correct

both are correct and both are happy.

I don't. it's useless. it's his spooked opinion, there is no reason to care.

A lot of what you are saying were applied persistently by the Reagan and Carter administrations and the main stream media outlets in handing dissent and outcries from human rights watch organisations in their Latin American client states.
Apparently both the US Republican and Democrat parties post WWII are the result of Marxism.

>Listens to Peterson once

>we are living in a Marxist dystopia though
Excellent meme. Now kill yourself

How could anyone find the thing on the left appealing. It is disgusting, like a big mass of vibrantly colored melted plastic. IMO you gotta be pretty stupid if you are happy about nothingness.

The brainlet bleats brainlet first, if you can't extract the wisdom from Jung you are not ready for this board desu.

Let's them off the hook. Babies are entertained by bright colours, nihilists can't handle anything further.