Moby Dick

>tfw this book has the whole of chapter 11 about how to best be /comfy/

Loving this already. Any other comfy-core books to rec?

The Magic Mountain, first half at least. Also read Proust's Swann's Way and Calvino's If On a Winter's Night a Traveler for an interesting literary experience

I found the first half or so of stoner to be fairly comfy - until the end of world war one or so. note in particular the scene where he first enters the college in fall, how regal and forlorn everything appears, distant but familiar.

I'm reading this right now actually. You're right, it is so comfy. The chapter where he's deciding what inn to stay at is god-tier.

Does anyone here know if the Oxford World's Classics edition of Moby Dick feature footnotes?

By Night in Chile

it has endnotes

post more comfy

If you're looking for footnotes, the Norton Critical Edition will have you covered.

Am i missing something with this book? i find it painfully boring and encyclopedic for absolutely no reason, could be half the size it is with the descriptive chapters on whaling omitted and be considerably more interesting because it will then flow nicely.

Also Hemingway's A Movable Feast

I always found the presence of the technical chapters funny. Like the protagonist wants to put the whole story on pause for a bit to sperg out about the joys of his pet topic whether the reader wants to or not. A bit like Sebastian Wilder from "La La Land," Ishmael's love of the sea is so unabashed that it becomes charming.

P.S.- I also found "A Moveable Feast" hilarious. It's basically just Hemingway insulting his friends for 200 pages. I have no trouble imagining that F. Scott Fitzgerald would have been an incredibly annoying road-trip partner.

Melancholy Mediterranean travel diary + philosophical musings of decadent old world aristocrats + godly prose = hnnnnnnggggg

This. Bolaño has always been a comfy read for me, even his darkest works.

Definitely Dubliners by Joyce. Can't pinpoint what but something about that book is extremely comfy.

I'm afraid you have a case of soul deficiency

it being encyclopedic is a meme—one that i too believed until i read it.

Yeah well it's all downhill from there as far as comfyness

>Can't pinpoint what but something about that book is extremely comfy.
Your faggot-ass pseudointellectuallity, perhaps?

You have to read the entire thing

Unfortunately its not as comfy once they board the ship. Still great though.

Winesburg Ohio
Max comfy