I have been toying with the idea of opening a classic American style 24hr diner in a country outside of the US...

I have been toying with the idea of opening a classic American style 24hr diner in a country outside of the US. I have the knowledge and the funds, but I'm not sure what country would be most receptive to this style of food. I want to serve up biscuits and gravy, country fried steak, homefries, fried chicken, collard greens, etc to the deprived people of the world. Where should I go?

Louisiana. I'll eat there

>he wants to have this restaurant somewhere outside of the US
>Louisiana

Damm I fukd up lel
sage

I was over in Uzbekistan the other day and somebody was saying how they really wished that shitty American food was readily available to them. Maybe try there.

Bangkok. Always late night people partying, always lots of tourists, and the locals would probably enjoy the food as well. Plus it’s cheap to buy the restaurant and ingredients, but you can still charge a premium.

Germans are quite receptive of American food and culture in general
t. Dutchman

Glasgow, UK

Large student population
Large young party population
Booming commercial/service sector
Notorious for its nightlife
Tradition of greasy foods
Its contemporary food culture sits slap bang in the middle of the scale between hipster novelty and mainstream junk food that your diner would sit on in the UK market.

Trust me it's perfect ;)

The problem with them UK is that op probably wants to do it somewhere that he actually wants to live. Plus all the Muslims would just stink up the place.

Glasgow's pretty and fun to live in only the weather sucks. Small immigrant population compared to the rest of the UK if that's something you care about - don't see why though.

>don’t see why tho
Immigrants aren’t the problem. Blacks and Muslims are the problem.

k

You gotta have meatloaf and pork tenderloin sandwiches

South Korea
Japan
Russia
Mexico

>I have the knowledge and the funds
So why ask us?

To get the opinions of those who have no knowledge or funds.

I am an expat in Guatemala. American food is extremely popular here. All the chains are here and are usually packed with people. I cannot think of any restaurants that serve southern style. Might be worth a try.

>be american
>fail to understand basic english

those all sound like places where people would give zero fucks about diners

Come open one in Auckland NZ, the only other one I'm aware of here in is New Plymouth and it's awesome

Open it in mexico, if you want the truly deprived. I think they are too far gone though.

Doubt there's much of an appetite for that sort of hick food outside of the USA.

Brazil

Set up shop near my house pls

There are a couple around Sydney Australia, but they're not open 24 hours. They're overpriced gimmicky shitholes.

Montreal, Quebec
Reasons for:
>Hipster/foodie culture willing to try new things.
>Big nightlife (bars stop serving alcohol at 3 pm) so there is a demand for 24h places.
>Brunch is also big here
>You can build a niche since there is no competition to what you're offering
Reasons against:
>Lots of regulations
>Language laws force you to have bilingual menus, signage and service
Your best bet is to probably find a partner that is familiar with the language and regulations.

3 am*

>he says living in a country where white kids are a minority

There already is one up at Strathclyde Uni, and it's always empty.

UK has an american diner chain called buddy's