What is wrong with people?

What is wrong with people?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MoT_FwIa62I
youtube.com/watch?v=PLrxXyAFDkY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

(You)

I'd try it.

It was a marketing ploy to get Americans to buy the surplus canned goods from the war. It was also because of the shortage of available farm fresh foods in suburbia. Most of it is terrible. Bananas with hollandaise is not.

I ate a banana crusted with potato chips yesterday, wasn't great, but it didn't negatively impact the world either.

What kind of chips?

probably better for you than bread/pastry.

id eat banana hollandaise

heresy

"Extra-good eating because there's ham in Spam"

I see your spam peach dish and raise you a spam fiesta peach bake!

the Hormel test kitchen must have been an amazing place to work

>Now I am become WASP, the destroyer of palates.

Somehow I think smoking weed was a prerequisite for making these abominations.

Wavy Lay's

post ww2 america was a weird time and place

>Tuna and Jello Pie

Can you imagine eating this? Think about it for a moment. Those textures and flavors pushing across your tongue.

There were a lot of new industrial processes for food, creating amounts of stuff that no one had that amount of previously. Head cheese was once all you had for a gelatin dish, but the industrialized food industry discovered how to extract gelatin by itself in massive quantities. They had to come up with uses for it and what you see in this thread where those beginnings.

>i love tropical fruit jello!
>*now with slices of fish*
>"erk"

>that one time you said you liked shrimp, so your gf made you this

Is your girlfriend in her 80s?

>cheese
>olives

She was raised by her grandmother so I guess that counts.

post more modern stuff lads

Legit half-tempted to try this.

Ooft.. is there even cheese on that... thing??
vegetericucks must be stopped.

Looks alright.

Ultimate hard mode:
Gross recipies with either the recipe or people eating it, in modern era

>what is better than bacon?
>peanut butter and bacon!!!

Oh you mean crisps

I....I really don't know what to say about this.

Whats the problem with this? Like, yeah, wouldve been nicer with the meat shredded in there, but its nowhere near disgusting...

Any boomers raised on this shit lurking? What does it taste like? I'd ask my parents but they're dead.

Is that fucking cheese?

probably works better with plantain, but the idea itself isn't too bad

shit photo aside, this one is probably OK

No, you bongrel.

>the food chain of a level 15 dungeon

Fuck off, sandwichcake is the best!

It is, my family makes it every year at Christmas, they add a salmon layer too

>What does it taste like?
original aspic, who use basic gelatin, are as good as the other ingredients you put in it, since that sort of gelatin is rather neutral in taste, and only serve for the texture. For those jello monsters though, they tell you to use falvored gelatin, so I doubt most of them are good, except maybe if you use lemon, since lemon is commonly associated with fish and vegetables to begin with. Might still be sickenly sweet though

>manprojectilevomittingspamandyogurt.webm

I don't think you understand what's in that recipe.

Ach, eastern europe
Ooft! millenials

youtube.com/watch?v=MoT_FwIa62I

Jello was trying to sell people on this shit back then. Doesn't
mean people were actually making it or eating it. It's pretty clearly disgusting and it never caught on.

Look at this shit. Who would eat it?

Something that people don't usually know is that spam is just ground pork shoulder pressed into a tin. It's not mystery meat like you may have been lead to believe.

aspic were and still are a thing. It's Jello trying to substitute real gelatin with their supermarket artificially flacored product that isn't legit.

The recipe is right there.

>mfw this thread

>manchild can't handle sophisticated tates
it's ok, you can have your lucky charms dear.
Mommy's not mad; here's your favorite comic book.

That's a lot of knee-jerk response for a Jell-O lover.

I'm a knox man myself.

Aspic is where its at.

this thread

salty crispy on the outside soft on the inside spam with sweet potatoes on the inside and fresh sweet peach on top? fuck it im in

In 40 years people are gonna look back in disgust at all the buzzfeed, epic meal time, tasty bullshit we're bombarded with on facebook, as we look back at the 70s jellied everything

The "viral recipe" trend is beyond disgusting. This is truly the End Times, the Kali Yuga, the era of the Last Man.

That's not so bad. At least it's all sweet and delicious.

There's nothing in that but sauce and cheese. Jesus Christ. And then they top it off with a hulking glob of sour cream with olives to boot. Fucking nuke it. Just end our miserable species.

That actually looks good as fuck.

This is the kind of food I grew up on in North Dakota.

>the glob of sour cream at the end

But that's a good combo, user.

The 1950s-1970s were a grim time.

Would anyone be interested in a youtube channel where someone takes all these gross recipes from yesteryear and recreates them? Might be a fun hobby.

Just recreate the flavor profile with new and fancy presentation techniques like and

Boomers were a fucking mistake. They managed to ruin literally everything they touched.

would try if presented

>all desserts
They's probably alright. I think part of the problem is that in that era ALL color photography looked kinda disgusting.

buzzfeed already did it, knucklehead.

this one is probably palatable.

I reckon it must've been the culinary equivalent of those really trippy sequences in old Disney movies.

Really just looks like enchiladas but with chips instead of tortillas desu.

>t. child

There's actually several YTs of that. None worth watching.

Yes it does. It's got pork shoulder meat for that good meaty taste with ham meat added for that juicy tenderness.

Post-war 'eat from a can' culture.
Times were tough, food was shit.
They became the generation that fucked us all, though they didn't realise it at the time.

This looks fucking great nigga. Do the same with an actual pork shoulder and you've got a 10/10 meal too.

that looks like finland so northern europe... i see "pantti" on the can

/ourgirl/ Emmy made this.
youtube.com/watch?v=PLrxXyAFDkY

Find me something besides tasteless avocado mush to make it with and I'll scarf that down like it's a cure for cancer. Maybe risotto, so arancini I guess?

Serving it on a slate is the bigger crime