Do you even eat at food courts anymore, Veeky Forums?

Do you even eat at food courts anymore, Veeky Forums?

Only when I am trying to pick up high schoolers

What's a food court?

I miss going to the mall with my parents, my dad would always sneak off with me to the food court and we'd have lunch then go to the arcade. I miss my dad.

It is apart of many indoor American malls where there will be a group of fast food restaurants with only counter service surrounding a common dining area which is the court.

My family use to go weekly when I was a child and it is was nice but I prefer my freedom. As an adult I don't find them all that convenient. I almost never go to the mall and drive-thrus are faster but I rarely eat at fastfood since I am not out on the road as much.

Malls are dying since the large majority of shopping is done online these days. Food courts were more convenient when you had to spend hours shopping for clothes, appliances, etc and by the end of the day you were starving.

Sounds positively barbaric.

>lets run up and punch someone with a gun

it's where americans are sent to be tried for food crimes, such as letting their deep frying license expire

Well we were making special trips to eat out. It was a custom my parents started when they were younger except back then they were going to restaurants. The area they came from had economical non-fastfood restaurant choices. I don't really even shop online so that's not why I rarely go to the mall.

What's a mall?

A structure housing retail locations called stores from which you purchase with paper and metallic currency or credit/debit cards various items for sale.

i used to fap at full force over this gril until i heard a vocaroo from her. 5 minutes of constant whinging.

Heh. There's actually a comedy where a gangster hands a deep-fried gun to a carnival-goer who's marrying the bosses daughter.

>malls are dying
>live in a city where the only entertaining thing to do is go to the one mall
>If mall closes, there will literally be nothing to do

No wonder everyone here is shooting up heroin.

So a physical internet.
>ITT: mothball stinking fuckers

Heh.

heh

Heh

Yes but only if I know what I'm getting into. As a rule I avoid unknown booth restaurants after having the absolute shittiest Asian food one time about 4 years ago.

>hungry in mall
>go to food court
>get sentenced to life in pretzels

Oh boy, the pathetic roastie orbiters are infecting other boards now. No better than /pol/ at this point.

go figure. i thought that was a tranny

>people still go to malls in the year of our lord 2018

literally why

people with gineys in them go there. people with giney fillers go there to fill some gineys

Because it's the closest place to access quite a few different sorts of stores, and there's lots of parking.

>appeal and get probation
>have to get blood sugar levels tested every week

Wat

Ciara likes to swing by Neptune's every once in a while to pick up a footlong

To walk in un-niggered areas.

It can be a fun atmosphere with friends. Most of them aren't very fun anymore due to the clientele and the stores catering to said clientele.
I would say it's a snowball effect of less affluent people going of internet, so less stores catering to them which leads to less affluent people going, and on and on and on.

Oh wow I've just been to one of those last week. I got KFC and my friend got chinese and we shared each other meals. Then I went to another shop and got us desserts and we ate them and then we took our trays and put them in a place where the cleaning ladies take them and clean them up to take them back to the stores.
It was kinda fun. I didn't know that was a mainly American thing.

Yes, it's so primitive that it doesn't even have an adblock.

who exactly is this greasy 4/10 kid and why do I keep seeing pics of her (him?) posted around?

I go to food carts

I try not to, the seating is terrible, and there's always a kid screaming himself into a prolapse

Orbiters.

rip

I walked through the nearby mall today for shits and giggles. Over a quarter of the space had nothing in it, a lot of the shops had restricted hours, the Dilliards is closing down and has turned into an outlet center where they’re trying to get rid of all their inventory and is also now only one floor, and the only place that seems to have any regular business is the food court and the movie theater.

It’s a little strange to see something that was so ubiquitous growing up dying a slow painful death.

What is the nature of the "heh"? Is it just a form of slight acknowledgement through quick oral expulsion of air?
Or does it have a sarcastic undertone to it?
It occurs to me that sometimes the "heh" can be rather low-tempo and downtrodden, is that another form of acknowledgement, in this case of something the one "heh"-ing perceives as negative? Or is it just an advanced form of the "sigh" which shares a lot of traits particular to the negatively intonated "heh"?

Must be how boomers feel about drive in theaters

>being this autistic

you can't simply categorize & summarize every human social nuance, dear user

I can try

But the very idea of autism was conceived in an effort to do so.

Must be how boomers feel in general

So after a mall closes, what do you do with all that space?

amazon warehouse

its an abbreviated laugh, dumbass. obviously you aren't lol-ing out loud when you do it, but you still want to acknowledge something. and like any other word or phrase it can be inflected sarcastically. if you slow it down it's more of a sigh. but, again, you can say just about anything in a forlorn, breathy tone, so then it's just a sad abbreviated laugh.

It's not an abbreviated laugh as that would mean you are trying to express some form of joy/madness or any other emotion normally expressed by laughing

Using joy as an example, it's a much greater emotion than what is displayed by simply utilizing a "heh" to express yourself.

You don't laugh to acknowledge someone/something and you don't "heh" to actually express some emotion, it's simply a way to connect between the acknowledging of that emotion and the actual expression that follows afterward

Everything you wrote there is just wrong. Go away and rethink your analysis from scratch. This is a food and cooking board, so I'm not going to waste time here helping you.

Nothing. Someone either buys up the property, or the bank owns it until its inevitably due to be demolished.

Nice try, you can't just disparage me from analyzing your language usage by telling me I'm wrong without providing substantial evidence

>Failing in attempt to sound smart

"hehehehe" giggling/chuckling is a way of expressing entertainment and laughing, too. not a boisterous HAHAHA laugh, sure. but it is still a laugh.

it's analogous to a "HA!" as in "HA! I got you (and i find that funny)"

but instead it's "heh" as in "Heh. that was pretty good (and i found it amusing, but not necessarily hilarious)"

ultimately it's probably used mostly as an expression of acknowledgement that you heard and interpreted somebody else so they don't feel ignored/unheard. a courtesy to a lame joke, if you will.

it's a laughing noise you fucking spazzoid

At least I still try

>You don't laugh to acknowledge someone/something and you don't "heh" to actually express some emotion, it's simply a way to connect between the acknowledging of that emotion and the actual expression that follows afterward

by the way, this statement doesn't make any sense and i doubt it has any foundation in your psych 101 book. anecdotally: i chuckle and chortle to myself while i'm alone as much as i laugh out loud while i'm alone. which can be pretty frequent when i'm responding to tv, radio, books...

Yeah you'd have to

>being this mad at someone on the internet

respond to me then, brainlet.

(you)

thanks, dummie.

thanks, this post is like a window into the mind of autism. it will help me to study your kind

>being actually autistic

slow down, boys. we got a live one

Where else am I supposed to get cheap, greasy mongolian food?

>mongolian food

I didn't realize Mongolia was so big on shrimp... and basically everything else in that pic.

i do sometimes.
my local mall has this asian place that gives you a shit ton of food for like $6.
meanwhile, right across from it is panda express where you pay almost $10 just for like 5 tiny chicken nuggets drizzled with "orange sauce".

My shopping adventures are pretty quick these days. I already know what I'm buying and where from. I just park in the closest carpark to the shop I'm going to and be in and out within 20 minutes.
No time to sit and eat trash food.

user :((

open your wrists

>What is the nature of the "heh"?

Demolish it and sell the land, or build something else on top of it. The mall near me that closed down became several stores, including a grocers and hardware.

This is all males and shopping. I don't understand why you thought this was special.

I was at somewhere with a food court for the first time in a while last year. Got an egg roll, arby's roast beef and curly fries and a taco.

Yeah, I just schedule my food court day for when the chef has his day off to avoid eating the ticket

I wish I could piss in that cup and make her drink it.

In my area that has happened twice. One of them was turned into a strip mall. The other was used in part as an indoor flea market until they carved out the center to drop a Home Depot in the middle.

heh

Massive parking lot.

basically yeah, they're obsolete and running out of business. used to be THE place to be in the 90's, now the only people who go there are Mexicans

Basically a carpark for the bus.

Every time I try and quit this place, there is a post like this that reminds me why I'm here

>check em man

I rarely go shopping at malls anymore and when I do I'm in and out as soon as possible.

I think it really depends on the area which the mall is at and the convenience of getting to that mall. Ever since this one mall in my city was built all the other old ass malls died quickly because getting to them was a chore and all the stores were at the new one. There's this one mall that seems to be stuck in the 90s with generic named stores and a food court that smells like Burger King. Even has a black light bowling alley/movie theater. Only thing keeping it alive is the massive Bass Pro Shop sticking out of it like a tumor.

Heh heh

I go to malls specifically for pic related and nothing else

What, the dank men's room where they raped a kid back in '76?

The best chinese food is always in the food courts. Plus, Sbarro's and Corn Dog Seven is always good.

>Food Courts
Nobody has done this since like 2005

>my dad would always sneak off with me
is that who he said he was?

Based steven. You got more webms?

Malls were likely a covertly planned response to the cold war that turned into a “regular” societal “thing”. As the cold war supposedly ended thete’s “no more need” for them any longer, and the way the retail situation had evolved both in and out of many malls just sort of killed a large chunk of the business.

That’s some greasy hair

It's that chick from r9k, right? The one one with the checkered shirt who works in a store?
Yeah, I heard she's super autistic.

Cecilia or something like that?

She's all over /r9k/ and /b/ loves her too. She loves the orbiters. She is pretty friggin' attractive to be fair, her bod is ridiculously nice and there's something really attractive about her generally. Total pain in the ass to be around irl I'm sure, but I'd be lying if I said she's not hot. Ciara I think her name is. Something like that.

Probably more of a response to people relocating to the suburbs where there is more land to build on so you aren't limited to just having large department stores. Plus to have a shopping district like in the big cities you would need to build it and most towns would be too small to turn main street into one. Also the affluence of post-WW2 America from being the only developed country left standing and unblemished helped spur on development.

Malls were planned to keep people from having to go shopping in the city and stay in the suburbs, so you didn't have to go shopping around the uppity post-WWII niggers. With the advent of internet shopping and niggers moving out of the hood, malls are in sharp decline.