Veeky Forums is actually pretty lit

Why do some people hate this board? I mean, yeah, there are some pseudo-intellectual pricks here and there, but I've seen worse (take my word for it, I've been to reddit), and there are certainly dumber boards out there (/pol/, /a/, /v/, /vp/, etc). Why all the Veeky Forums hate?

Jealous brainlets

Because love and hatred are all but the same feeling.
In order to love something, first you need to hate it.

I've been finding Veeky Forums super comfy recently.

because there are more left leaning people than most other boards

I'm thankful for Veeky Forums. Before, I never would have considered writing but being exposed to so many great works have inspired me. Even if I fail I can at least say that I have.

>more left leaning people
Christ, that's immature. I don't give a shit about the political affiliation of anybody, I just join in if there's something in it for me.

Also, that's quite a lot of politically incorrect humor for a "leftist board" if you ask me. Last time a leftist used the n word was probably about 60 years ago or more.

Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, and /adv/ have been so inspiring to me and have helped influence a lot of my current philosophy on life. Veeky Forums has also introduced me to many great works of literature.

Any other boards as great as Veeky Forums? By that i mean populated by people with good taste and where actual discussion related to the subject happens, keeping memes to a minimum.

I like /adv/, it has quite a serious and normal atmosphere to it.

Every single board hates itself. That's one way to keep it unappealing to newcomers. But yeah, once you get past the first weeks of Stirner memes, Pynchon and, more recently, Peterson, lit is a great board.
I still believe that there should be a board exclusively for philosophy so we could have more actual discussion about books but oh well.

And reminder to newbies to familiarize yourselves with the Big Four.

>populated by people with good taste
Barely
>where actual discussion occurs
Never, unless what you mean by discussion is stack threads
>memes to a minimum
Now i know you aren't serious, nice bait

w o k e

I hope you die miserable and alone, stop trying to meme CofC into the meme trilogy

USA has completely destroyed the popular political discourse by popularizing utter fucking morons on both sides of the political spectrum.

half this board doesn't fucking read

make me

I'm illiterate

Witnessing the venomous ire and sperganoia of what's left of Veeky Forums's jewish population as they unsuccessfully attempt to shut down those who expose their tribe's historic and contemporary malfeasance makes Veeky Forums a comfy place indeed.

tbqh I like the shitposting on this board quite a bit

this
and commies

Because it's full of White Catholics. Board quality goes up the more of these are there.

i want to rec /mu/ but at the same time i dont want to involve you in my intelectual dishonesty

you HAVE to go back

I was talking by Veeky Forums standards, of course.

fpbp

my problems with this board are the following:
>anglos being retards about translations and other authors, at least they are the most vocal retards
>/pol/ topics
>shit opinions without any backup or decent argumentation like: "lol Tolsoty is shit" or "I've understood 100% of Ulysses and can tell you that this book is bad"
>rarely an intersting opinion or view about a book or author, most of the time is just pure copy of another critic's view, especially Nabokov and Bloom

but this is the only board that I actively visit, sometimes the memes are spot on and Rupi Kaur threads are fun I guess
Rarely I come here for recommendations since most people here are in their early 20's and barely have a grasp on what makes them like what they say they like.

Veeky Forums has been getting retarded lately and nobody here actually reads aside from beginner level classics. The only discussion you will find is on philosophy and even then it's half assed. Here are some recent threads. I'm not sure which ones are "comfy" to you.There are plenty of good threads, just look at the ones below.

>Can a cutie ever be a good writer?
>mfw I like pop culture. Books for this feel.
>convince me not to learn mandarin.
>Convince me not to commit suicide.
>What are the best books for peasants?
>Nothing wrong with me, nothing wrong with me.
>I don't like reading books. I'm looking for a book without mans influence.
>Stack thread.
>I love writing, but I hate reading. Help?
>tfw another Saturday spend wandering around the city, any books for this feel?
>living on a farm, all my writings are obscure references to farm work. Any books for this feel?
>runs slow, pages turn slow unless in their native format.
>John Green: Is he a good writer?
>Various Max Stirner threads.

you perfectly summed up this board

Ironic /pol/posting on this board has gotten as bad as ironic grimes-posting on /mu/ did.

It'll pass though

Well I don't know... Nietzsche was both a precursor of the Nazis and wicked smart too.

You forgot:
>redpill me on X
>Are there any good women writers?
>communists BTFO
>Drumpf, amirite? Lmao!
>daily reminder that X is Y

Haha
>What are the best books for peasants?
What is wrong with that

I actually find it's much less obnoxious than a few months ago
I remember this one poster who would literally post in every single thread with the same "take the redpill women are inferior", it was fucking annoying. Worst of all he probably thought it was funny, or even achieving something.

Now it's actually easier to notice the real /pol/, although it's often better to not point them out otherwise they just reply the same
>OY VEY WHO IS BEHIND THIS POST
>uhh ill have you know i have 10 infographs proving why blacks are stupid
>liberals reeeeeee
The solution, as it's always on been on this site, is to just ignore the things you don't like. Every board would be much better if people did this.

>Why all the Veeky Forums hate?

Because the infestation of /pol/ a few years ago drove away most of the intelligent posters. It's mainly the users familiar with old Veeky Forums who hate on it now, and I don't blame them. The influx of Christ-posters awhile back made for some interesting discussions and introduced me to works I was unfamiliar with, but a lot of them seem to have crossbred with /pol/, united against Jews, 'SJWs', and the left.

The board was at its best when the majority was made up of irreligious leftists (NOTE: this should not be construed as an attack on the Christians, whose presence I welcome). The /pol/-posting, whether sincere or ironic, has got way out of hand.

It is certainly worse over the summer. I've seen fewer frogs recently.

The worst thing about this board are posters like this who are prone to incessant whining about people who address important social and political topics. These are the creepy-dude-reading-Harry-Potter-in-the-corner types. They generally live in a fantasy land and have no concept of history or clue about what's going on in the world.

/mu/ is okay if you ignore the shitton of shitposting threads

Lit also has the most lit trolls.
They realize hate and deprication can keep the conversation going. And it can also be a motivator for others to fact check and read the shit they actually claim to.

Wouldn't be suprised if the social engineers on pol didnt start out as lit posters. Pol talks more about books and articles than any other board.

This board is total trash. You can't have a discussion without some autist mentioning da joos or dude God lmao. Most of the time the posters here don't even know what the fuck they're talking about and are more interested in doing le ebin btfo and winning an imaginary meme war against their perceived enemies than in actually learning something. The other day someone made a thread on Mill and it degenerated into christians arguing for 70+ posts with each other over what is the correct interpretation of the word of Jesus Christ (history repeating itself?). Currently this place is a quarantine zone for that kind of pretentious pseuds that philosophical discussion seems to inevitably attract. Anyway, you can still have some nice discussions if the topic is an author whose work is less know, but it's rare.

it should be deleted 2bh
it is worse than /r9k/

>all this complaining about shitposting
It was never great before that. Just constant boasting and putting down others for having the slightest of incorrect opinions. If you use the definition of pseud as "one who uses intellectualism for status or any other reason other than the pursuit of knowledge " then Veeky Forums was far more pseud then than it is now. I like this place, you people make me laugh and I feel like it's a group of friends I could never have in "real life". Try not to be so negative.

To be fair the origin to contemporary western civilization is pretty much god and da joos.

You usually have to go on his for asain history
Or x to get deep ino eastern traditions and hedge religions

/a/ is and always will be best board on Veeky Forums
With /cgl/ close behind

I just want to smash half of this board's face in with a gammer and I express that by posting incoherently

>gammer
hammer*, sledgehammer* to be accurate

This is my fourth week at uni and this board's lack of knowledge is becoming monstrously apparent to me. Today we had an intense lecture on the history of Greek drama, followed by an interpretation of Antigone, particularly concentrating on Hegel's view of the matter. Veeky Forums is pretty miserable in comparison, the literary discussion boils down to shitflinging around the bestest Homer translation (even though nobody knows ancient Greek) and Barthes (even though few who criticize him have read The Death at all).
Not to mention the shitposting.

The christposting could be pretty interesting, desu. I actually aped several pro-God arguments from Veeky Forums and used them in class successfully.

>nobody here actually reads aside from beginner level classics
Veeky Forums has been like that since at least 2011

>incessant whining about people who address important social and political topics
this is LITERALLY politics and not literature, no one is stopping you from posting on /pol/

>n word
Bob Dylan won the Nobel prize for saying nigger in The Hurricane.

Holy christ I hope I never run into you IRL

>he thinks we're jews
I see you've read Ulysses; how cute for an Anglo.

All of these subjects overlap and are affected by each other. That's how life works whether or not you're able grasp what's happening in the non-Rowling world around you.

yeah but what good is being wicked smart if you're not willing to go full vegetarian. i mean, i know nietz tried, but he still had beef before those six pounds of fruit. hitler might have been a dumb baka but he at least went without the whole hog or cow. i for one welcome our vegan overlords. i've read what happened to hesse, after all.

>reading for ideology

Yeah but your tipycal poltard doesn't go behind "it's da joos" or "it's a degenerate" when doing his political analysis of literature.

Politics.

The main thing is the OldFag Newfag dichotomy of 5+ years ago. Once upon a time EVERYONE came to other boards after a long time of only browsing /b/. /b/ was a sort of boot camp where posters got into the theme and vibe of Veeky Forums. This meant that discussion here was harsh, highly critical and largely tongue in cheek or in jest.

In recent years people have come to Veeky Forums to only browse one interest board and were pissy about people speaking their minds freely or being [insert]-ist.

/adv/ is objectively the worst for this but /tv/ and Veeky Forums are bad too.

As of certainly the last 4 years or so the old Veeky Forums is well and truly dead anyway and it really doesn't matter but teenagers like to pretend they're better than others for having been around longer and so it permeates still even today.

Mods are not doing their job. There are duplicate threads all the time, there are non-lit threads all the time. In general there is no discussion, only memes. There are still some good threads here and there though, like the one where one user was asking others to read a passage from Finnegan's Wake from a day or two ago.

It's unreasonable for you or anyone else here to complain about posters who address the negative effects jews have had on literature and related subjects. Nearly every other site on the web is a speech-controlled space where any mention of jewish over-representation, penchant for devising subversive intellectual ideologies, etc., is met with immediate banishment and PC shaming. It is the lack of that type of closed intellectual atmosphere that gives places like this its influence and importance. And it's people like yourself, who don't know what's going on in the world and don't pay attention to what have become in the digital age transparent realities, that need to leave if talk about the jewish problem bothers you. You have unlimited online spaces where you can hide from such speech; this place isn't one of them.

You are all faggots who circlejerk on (not) reading the same 20 books all year.
Fuck you all.

I know for a fact you've read only one of these, at best two(IJ being the other). Get a life, get a wife!

Envious* brainlets?

take the redpill women are inferior

I'm not against addressing important social and political topics. I said I was against the /pol/-posters, who, far from addressing any important social and political topics, are in their own small way responsible for the exacerbation of social and political problems. Go take a look at /pol/ right now, or any of the /pol/-related posts on Veeky Forums, if you want to find the creepy dudes who have no concept or history, nor any clue about what's going on in the world. There are actual problems out there and they're still stuck on Jewish overrepresentation.

That's crap. Although I periodically drop shit I've read tongue-in-cheek in threads where they do apply (but won't be answered) in a Veeky Forums way, I also periodically find persons who have actually read beyond the prescribed undergrad level, and 'converse' with them. And this with consistency since near the beginning of this board.

True but you're still outnumbered by the right even here because Veeky Forums is antileft in general. Even fucking /lgbt/

>'converse' with them
why is converse in quotes

Slit your wrists.

sledgegammer

Actual conversation's fluid, or so it seemed to me at the moment of typing. If (you) object, consider the quotes withdrawn.

I feel this is the problem with /pol/ rhetoric. It's always "we're just trying to enlighten you", "you're blind to the truth". Maybe just accept that it's annoying being lectured by people with poor grasp of the facts. /pol/ acts like everyone who is sick of their shit is their enemy (like someone who is Jewish or even just non-white), someone who is offended by "truth" or whatever.

Maybe we're just sick of seeing the same tired, boring posts that are badly researched and based on conspiracy theories infecting every single facet of this website?

Thing is, you're not addressing anything, you're just spamming shit and trying to force it into every conversation to troll.

Neck yourself.

I don't go to pol and don't care what happens on there, but your post exemplifies the main disconnect on here: you are unwilling to look into the jewish question and thus remain uninformed about, or misinformed as to the extent of, the problems jews have created in western nations. You complain on and on here (I'm guessing), while refusing to understand what these people are talking about. It is pervasive and cannot be ignored by any man feigning a degree of knowledge about the world he lives in.

who

>I don't go to pol and don't care what happens on there
Weird. Did you come straight from /r/thedonald?
>you are unwilling to look into the jewish question
This is a literature board you fucking mongrel.

>you are unwilling to look into the jewish question

Does /pol/ understand what nepotism and blacklists are?

Also I bet you think "cultural marxism" is an actual thing.

>It's unreasonable for you or anyone else here to complain.
This is a free speech board. I have all the right to complain if I see retards shitting up every thread with things unrelated to literature. If you don't want your paranoia to be questioned there are several safe spaces for people like you all over the internet to which you can migrate.
>about posters who address the negative effects jews have had on literature
I've never seen a stormfaggot go behind "it's a Jew so it's bad". Proust? A Jew! Kafka? A Jew! What are the negative effects of Proust and Kafka? We'll never know. All that we have to know it's that they're joooooos, so they're automatically harmful. There's no place for nuance, no place for actual discussion with you. You're intellectually handicapped and you want to bring the rest of the board down to your level.
>and related subjects
Not literature
>Nearly every other site on the web is a speech-controlled space where any mention of jewish over-representation, penchant for devising subversive intellectual ideologies, etc., is met with immediate banishment and PC shaming.
This isn't true and you know it. Stop playing the victim card. Even a very leftist website like reddit has its fair share of antisemitism.
>It is the lack of that type of closed intellectual atmosphere that gives places like this its influence and importance.
You say this while asserting that I should leave because I don't agree with your lunatic conspiracy theories. I smell contradiction here.
>And it's people like yourself, who don't know what's going on in the world and don't pay attention to what have become in the digital age transparent realities, that need to leave if talk about the jewish problem bothers you.
Lit is not the place for the discussion of the Jewish problem you cretin. Lit is a board for discussing literature. Is it that hard to understand? Did the Jews take away your ability to understand rules?
>You have unlimited online spaces where you can hide from such speech; this place isn't one of them.
The same applies to you. If you want to autistically screech about da joos without being interrupted you can do so on /pol/ et similia

Again, you can easily avoid any talk about jews elsewhere -- in most places, in fact. Forget about fucking pol. It has nothing to do with pol and posters like yourselves continuing to be forever hung up on that cubby over there is doing your own intellectual advancement a disservice. Yes, people like myself are trying to inform you that jews are very bad and presently destroying white societies. And we will continue to do so until a critical mass is reached to where we can solve this problem. Your three options are as follows: 1) exit to a safe space where talk about jews is not allowed, 2) educate yourself on the jewish question, or 3) continue to whine here.

>Veeky Forums has the least /pol/ invasion
>Veeky Forums is also the best board, or at least achieves its objective most successfully
really activates the old cashews

Never even been there.

I wouldn't know.

Explain /mu/ then.

If you would like others to read or address what you have to say in a serious manner, don't cut off half of the point and argue against your intentional misrepresentation of it. Stupidity and dishonesty go hand in hand, work on that.

>No arguments
>Complaining about greentext
What are you even doing here? Go back to whatever shithole you came from, you demented moron

>Yes, people like myself are trying to inform you that jews are very bad and presently destroying white societies

Maybe if you could provide any kind of compelling evidence for this, based in facts, I'd be more open to being "informed" by people like yourself

Nah, if anything, Veeky Forums has tore down both the left and the right everytime any ideology babies try to stir shit up.

This makes no sense to me. I can't understand how someone who doesn't read would spend time on a board entirely based on reading.

Notes from the Undergrads: The Board

I can think of some things.

Don't you realise how obnoxious this is? There could be a jew raping my asshole right now and I still wouldn't talk about it on this board because it's not fucking related to literature.
You have a board dedicated to talking about this crap and you're clearly not here to talk about books, so please leave.

normies care about the facade not the interior

centrists are the absolute fucking worst

This is a literature board, not a Jewish Question board. You can talk about that on whatever's replaced stormfront, now fuck off.

Kevin, you gotta stop tryin' so hard my man.

Yes, and Veeky Forums can shut down their arguements too. I didn't mention centrists because no one did before you mentioned them.

An intellectual exchange requires honesty from both sides. You failed in that at the very start. And I would probably be justified in drawing a connection between this dishonesty and your general inability to grasp how the world you live in functions. Work on the first part and the second will follow.

>Crash Courses: How to recycle arguments originally levelled against you