So, when exactly do Christians believe the Second Coming will happen?

So, when exactly do Christians believe the Second Coming will happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

catholic.com/tracts/the-rapture
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
- Mt 24:36

tonight, in ur mom

During their lifetimes. For the last 2000 years, the majority of xtians have believed it will occur during their lifetime.

"Soon!"

t.every Christcuck since the 1st century

About 7 years after we disappear; 1260 days, plus 1260 days, plus 75 days.

before the generation of Jesus's time had died off

Could happen anytime.

Hell, it could have already happened but whoever was to bring the second coming died in some horrible way.

Next week

The official position of the Catholic Church is that it won't happen until the entire world is converted to Christianity, and then falls to Apostasy. We're not even close, according to them. I don't know for sure, but I'd imagine the other apostolic churches think along the same lines, since that line of reasoning is very old.

Protestants think it'll happen "Soon!".

>The official position of the Catholic Church is that it won't happen until the entire world is converted to Christianity, and then falls to Apostasy.
Interesting. What do they base this on?

/thread

>What do they base this on?
Convenience.

It already happened around 75 AD, just like Jesus promised. All of us are simply the Left Behind.

>Protestants think it'll happen "Soon!".

Dunno what flavour of Protestant that is, but around here the line if thought goes rather like "never really lol".

Judging by how the antichrist is being portrayed as christ and GOD is being portrayed as satan, VERY SOON.

Tell me something: GOD made buttsex, because anything on earth is really something that GOD made, since HIS will is always done even in spite of free will, since that is what omnipotence can do (and more).

Why would GOD make you a homosexual and have you desire penises, and put a prostate in your butt that gives lots of pleasures with all manners of dick if not because HE WANTS you to be gay? And you're being good, because you do HIS will.

Which father is more loving?

a) Son, you are homosexual, you are a disgrace to this family, I'll kill you.
b) Son, you are homosexual, wana suck my dick? Want me to put it in? Don't worry, it's k, I love you.

>GOD make you a homosexual
That's a disorder dipshit.
>a prostate in your butt that gives lots of pleasures
That's to make shitting less painful dipshit.

>That's a disorder dipshit.
gods a real fuck up isnt he? just like us.

1,260 days plus 1,260 days plus 75 days from the date of the Rapture.

The Rapture is not a timed event; when the last person to be saved is saved, we're sky. Can happen any instant.

>That's to make shitting less painful dipshit.
kek, it doesn't seem to work that way. if you pierce my dick with a needle but also rub the head it doesn't hurt any less

You may have prostate cancer dipshit.

yep, any instant for the past 2000 years

Why hello there, end times scoffer!

2 Peter 3
knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.”

Soon.

But, people are getting saved all the time.. How will that stop?

now

God isn't real
Jesus was a Jew

deal with it

uh huh, how about the fact that Jesus said the current generation would not pass before the end times came. I'll go back to scoffing then

why would you want to end his work?

The number will be full; the time of the Gentiles will be over.

There's a certain number of people that are going to make up the body of Christ; when that number is complete, we're sky.

That won't stop people from being saved in the Tribulation, and in the Kingdom, but they have a different deal, and a different reward, than we have.

Church Age Best Age.

Jesus is a Jew. And God.

fuk u demiurge

fuk u demiurge

That's just you not understanding the bible.

Olivet Discourse about the end of this age:

Matthew 24
“Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near—at the doors! Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.

The fig tree is Israel.

The leaves budded May 14, 1948.

The generation to see that will not pass away before the end. A generation is understood to be 70 years.

fuk u demiurge

Though in only two years more than 70 years will have passed since Israel was founded.

Meant for

Yup.

In the words of the immortal Jack Kelley, you can almost hear the footsteps of the messiah.

okay. so if 2019 comes and nothing happens you will become a nonbeliever?

>God isn't real
The Universe was created since it had a beginning and its creator is God by definition.
>Jesus was a Jew
He was God on Earth.

Deal with it.

You're just going to move the goalposts in 2 years

Christianity is wrong, friendo. You just really hope it's true.

Religious Studies graduate here.
I can confirm this.

So you can get the date down to precisely a millenium, a century, a decade, a year, a month or a week before divine will stop you from finding out the date?

Can you become more exact?
You can only not know the day and the hour but there is no mention of the minute or the second or arbitrarily smaller units.

Only god knows you munt
There is no way for anyone to get this info from god, not even the CIA using waterboarding

>Protestants think it'll happen "Soon!".
Protestants think it'll happen when God damn well wants it to. As does every Abraham religion with a coming of some sort.

When this becomes mandatory.

>Only god knows you munt

Well, we know it will be before the last of Jesus's own generation dies off. That must be pretty soon, right? Those guys must be super old by now!

THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS IN YOU

JESUS WAS NEVER AN APOCALYPTIC PREACHER

YOU ATHEISTS ARE JUST TOO FUCKING STUPID TO GET IT

CONSIDER THE MUSTARD SEED OR I'LL THROW YOU INTO THE ETERNAL FIRE ON JUDGEMENT DAY

i fear that it's already here

>2 Peter 3
If I wanted to engineer an apocalyptic cult, I, too would write some things to make my followers feel like special holier-than-thou snowflakes.

>Jesus was never an apocalyptic preacher
>I'll throw you into the eternal fire on judgement day

Choose one and only one.

>The official position of the Catholic Church
Sauce that it's the official stance?

kek

catholic.com/tracts/the-rapture

>As far as the millennium goes, we tend to agree with Augustine and, derivatively, with the amillennialists. The Catholic position has thus historically been "amillennial" (as has been the majority Christian position in general, including that of the Protestant Reformers), though Catholics do not typically use this term. The Church has rejected the premillennial position, sometimes called "millenarianism" (see the Catechism of the Catholic Church 676). In the 1940s the Holy Office judged that premillennialism "cannot safely be taught," though the Church has not dogmatically defined this issue.

>With respect to the rapture, Catholics certainly believe that the event of our gathering together to be with Christ will take place, though they do not generally use the word "rapture" to refer to this event (somewhat ironically, since the term "rapture" is derived from the text of the Latin Vulgate of 1 Thess. 4:17—"we will be caught up," [Latin: rapiemur]).

The rational atheist ladies and gentlemen, who screams like a whiny child over a God he claims doesn't exist.

And think what that other user said is wrong.

No mention here of
>until the entire world is converted to Christianity, and then falls to Apostasy.

Yeah, said I didn't agree with him in that post I added on.

You wish.

>tfw it already happened

Well, this life ain't too bad.

Some people say it began in 2011-2012 and that they started working on mind control tatoos and the antichrist but had to delay it because of the bombings in France and the coming of muslims in europe

There are signs for the end days, the exact date in time is not known to anyone - sure you could guess it just like you could guess my birthday and be right.
God does not delay it because of you guessing it right - God only delays apocalypse because souls are still ascending into heaven, when souls stop going to heaven - earth has no purpose, humanity needs to stop because everyone would just go to hell.
Right now world is tolerated by God because of the few.

So, who is the Antichrist?
Is rome really the beast?

>Some people say it began in 2011-2012 and that they started working on mind control tatoos and the antichrist but had to delay it because of the bombings in France and the coming of muslims in europe
So just /pol/ then?

>70 years
Like fucking hell
Back then a generation was about from when you were born until you could have kids of your own
[spoiler]So about 13 years[/spoiler]

> Obama
> America