Here is a simple question. How much do you spend on food per week/month?

Here is a simple question. How much do you spend on food per week/month?

3 or 4 hundred on groceries and restaurant food
could be way less but my wife’s a
lazy bitch and i get home at 6

Probably a hundred a week not including alcohol.

Wheres the tip for that bill? People should always get tips for their services

Between 60-80 bucks a week.

been spending around 100$ per two weeks on just myself :(

A lot. I have 3 kids and my wife is pregnant, and we eat well every night. I bring leftovers to work, but My wife cooks breakfast, lunch, and supper everyday. I don’t give a shit, we can afford it.

are yo trolling or do you actually tip people as you give them money after literally doing everything yourself?

you should tip the greeter at Wal-Mart for literally accusing everyone walking out as thieves.

>greeter at Wal-Mart
Based toothless, dementia ridden old hag hanging on by a thread!

$10-20 per week, not exaggerating. I eat mostly oatmeal, yogurt, rice, beans, eggs, coffee and fruit/veggies.

This week I spent $9.85 after tax
>ground coffee
>plain yogurt
>raspberry jam
>12 eggs

Breakfast is steel-cut oatmeal with peanut butter, banana, shredded coconut, honey and milk, with a side of raspberry yogurt. Lunch is red bean stew with rice. Dinner is Spanish rice, homemade tortillas, refried beans and fried eggs. I live in a crackhouse with a lot of other people, and I swap/barter for different ingredients and buy my staples in bulk in a rotation so that I don't have to buy many of them at once. Meat is rare but I cook with meat broths and occasionally with some pork or chicken cooked into whatever I'm making.

$150 average per week.

Food for myself is about $60 per week.

Hang in there. I hope you reward yourself occasionally with a bag of chip or a burger.

for myself, probably 20-30 dollars a week because im a cheepo, and I'm sure I can do cheaper if I have to
but I go grocery shopping for my mom as well, and she wants me to get about 150 dollars worth of groceries per week, and on top of that she goes out every other night typically spending 40 dollars per meal, and I don't even know how often she goes out for lunch during work
she doesn't eat half the stuff that she wants me to get, and it just ends up taking up space and expiring
she won't let me throw out the food even if its expired, so I often have to sneak it out
she gets mad whenever I bring it up and gives the whole "I PAY THE BILLS AND THIS IS MY HOUSE", when we are struggling as it is
sorry for blogposting but she is an idiot when it comes to saving

Holy shit I know all of these feels. My mother refuses to throw anything out, regardless of if she even liked it or touched it. She always asks for shit, but opts for other things instead.

Without supervision she'd eat moldy food and refuse to change plates/bowls/cups for weeks.

Thanks user

I keep a change jar, and I use that to buy my little luxuries, usually donuts because I can get an old fashioned for $1.04 and they have 320 calories so it's almost as much as a small burger. If I do get fast food, I get a junior bacon cheeseburger and a small fry from Wendy's which is like $4.80 or something, and I put some fries onto the burger to bulk it up and eat the fries with mayo.

Canadian btw

I used to spend about 200€/month having to eat out at lunch and cooking at dinner most of the times.
Since november and for about another month I'm mostly working from home, so I cook almost every meal, and spend around 150€/month with actually higher quality food than before.

$150-200 a month, but I'm in a situation where I can't cook anything.

People who work customer service jobs should be gassed in camps and replaced with machines.

$150-200 a week

80 to 100 a week.
Live with my parents and a full time job I will miss these fantastic days of my life when I’m older, but for now it is one wild culinary ride.

But user, you only tip cute feeder waitresses.

25 $ a week sometimes less

Breakfast is coffee
Lunch is oats with milk and some flax seed and a few frozen blueberries
Snack is a boiled egg, maybe a cup noodle if I’m really hungry
Dinner is either tacos, chicken fried rice, spaghetti, burgers, brats with kraut, or sometimes I just eat a Red Baron pizza.

6’2 170 and I eat out maybe twice a month, I’m a cheap bastard because I hate working, literally any job and the lower my expenses the less I have to work. Fuck niggers and fuck people that say to work hard to pay more taxes.

About $250/$300 a week
6 children all under 18 eat a lot ha ha

>forgot to tip the greeter again
>ended up waiting over an hour as the greeter checks me for stolen goods
>still accuses me of stealing
I-I guess i deserved it

About $50 per week, but only because of my coffee habit. Otherwise it would be about $40 per week. Eh. I eat pretty well for the price. I cook mostly fresh vegetables, meats, dairy, eggs, etc. No grains, nothing prepared/processed.

I live in student dorm in a second world country. It costs 100 USD including accommodation in the dorm and for all the meals provided by the hostel kitchen, 3 meals a day
Needless to say the stuff here is incredibly nasty, I can barely eat it. I've lost like 15 kilos since I came here, from 72 kgs to 57 kgs. Most days it's something like potato stew or some shit. Basically the cheapest veggies in the market cooked in the cheapest manner possible. The only way I can make things palatable is by overloading everything with Indian chaat masala spice. God bless that stuff

Probably $4-500 for just myself, live in florida for reference. that includes dining out on weekends and shit. This would be a lot less if I didn't buy high quality ingredients and meal prepped more often.

per month

$40 a week. I cook my own stuff. Sometimes I'll get ice cream and other candies like lindors. brings it up to $50

About $40/week to feel me and the wife. We eat pretty austerely most of the time, and I cook every day.

Around $230 per week, about 1k per month.

I only eat out, I never ever cook.

About $100 per week for me and my gf

250-300 bucks a month on groceries. Could probably spend less but I do buy some snacks and deli stuff from time to time

Including alcohol about $90 a week on two people.
We drink moderately, daily.

40 dollars a week at MAX, trying to live on 5 dollars a day (or less)

Quit feeding your gf

We split the bills. It actually works out in my favor because I eat twice as much as her.

$300/month for me and the wife. We go out weekly and I like to make good food at home, tonight Im grilling salmon since the weathers pretty nice.

Someone said you have the right to just ignore the greeters and you don't have to show your receipt. I haven't really had the guts to try it yet they are so persistent

£60 a week at Aldi me my missus and my 6 year old for groceries. Another £70 every 2 month for a huge amount of meat. Chicken pork lamb and steak.

I have no idea. How the fuck does everyone here know how much they spend on food? Is everyone guessing, or are you actually tracking your spending with spreadsheets and shit? How many people ACTUALLY do that??

bout three fiddy

It's really easy when you have a credit card...

Its called Adult life

I just went shopping yesterday! I spent 180 total.
110 at aldi, 70 at a local butcher shop
2 adults + toddler
This should last us 2 weeks? Maybe 3 if we go out to eat a ton

I don't understand how these fat fucks say you have to spend a ton of money to eat healthy. Veggies and most lean meats are so fucking cheap. If your not buying crap junk food its hard for me to spend a lot plus reasonable portion sizes make a huge difference. Cook only what you will really eat

i ate lunch and dinner at restaurants. not including tips (fite me bruh) i spent over $75

I only go to the grocery store when I need to, which doesn't always end up being the same day, once a week. It's all over the place. Also, some weeks are more expensive than others. Also, I don't just buy food there, I get all kinds of household stuff. Toothpaste, soap, paper, batteries etc., so just looking at my credit statement wouldn't be enough. Are you people telling me you pore over your receipts, calculate exactly how much you spent on food, and do that long enough to find the average dollar amount you spend on food per week?

Do most people really do this? Or are a lot of people here just eyeballing it(aka bullshitting)? How do you find the time for that shit when you have a full time job and kids? How do you even remember to do it? What the fuck?

>Also, some weeks are more expensive than others.
That's why I figure on a monthly basis.
>Toothpaste, soap, paper, batteries etc.
How the fuck much toothpaste, batteries, and toilet paper do you go through? I haven't bought batteries in two months and I go through one package of toilet paper in a month. Eat some fiber, jesus. These things should not be affecting your grocery bill much; shit like diapers and formula are killers though.

>That's why I figure on a monthly basis.
So you don't go through all your reciepts then? Why bother, if the data is inaccurate? How useful is that?

>How do you find the time for that shit when you have a full time job and kids?
You type a couple of numbers into a fucking spreadsheet, dude.

Stop making this thread.

You don't ever get up on Sunday morning and make a couple of bacon rolls and a mug of tea?

Ballpark figures are still useful for people who aren't anal-retentive. It helps them know when and where to cut back.

Being off 8 dollars because you had to change light-bulbs that month on an 900 USD credit-card bill is hardly "inaccurate".

i think you're right. i spend about 600 to feed four per month, but i find myself opting for store brand/store bought items that could be better a lot better quality.

>oversimplification
Why do people lie about this? It's not that simple. It takes time, memory, organization, planning, and coming to the initial belief that it'll be useful. You're not just typing a couple numbers in a spreadsheet to start out with. First you have to figure out how to find/make the spreadsheet. First you have to figure out how to get those numbers. Before even that you have to decide how accurate those numbers have to be in order to be useful. Then you have to keep track of it week after week, month after month. That takes some combination of a good memory, good organizational skills, and discipline. I'm glad you're in a position where you can take all that shit for granted.

Ballparking would easily put you more than 8 dollars off per month. I feel like anyone who can afford the uncertainty percentages in this thread can afford not to "keep track."

Don't you risk getting mugged by a neighbouring crackhead keeping that change jar?

Like $100/week on groceries, $200 on weed, booze, smokes

Drugs>>>>>>>>>>>>food

$50/week

i usually buy whatever protein is on sale

i looked at my mint.com account for every purchase labled groceries

>First you have to figure out how to find/make the spreadsheet.
2 seconds on Google. Budgeting software also exists.
>First you have to figure out how to get those numbers.
Receipts. Failing that, access your card account history online.
>Before even that you have to decide how accurate those numbers have to be in order to be useful.
Minor differences between your reported budget and actual spendings don't really matter. We're talking cents here.
>Then you have to keep track of it week after week, month after month.
This involves minimal labor.
>That takes some combination of a good memory, good organizational skills, and discipline.
It does require some discipline to maintain a budget, you're right. It only works if you're consistent. But you're blowing this way out of proportion. "How do you find the time for that shit when you have a full time job and kids," really? It is so much easier than you think it is, dude.

1 person, probably around 175$ per week + restaurants

>I bring leftovers to work

oh you're that guy

>work hard to pay more taxes
yeah as a percent. you still net more money total, and more prestigious salaries are tiered upward to account for the higher tax brackets. it starts to make sense once you accept that after a certain point, you're not working harder or on harder projects, the stakes/shareholders are higher so the responsibility/pay is greater.

$70-80 a week right now. I'd imagine until recently it was over $200 just because I could afford to and food was really the only luxury I spent anything on. Kind of hated my job and figured if I could be disciplined about spending in other areas I shouldn't use that as an excuse to let my spending on food increase. Cut down a lot on diet soda, booze, and eating out and started to learn more dishes with eggs, rice, and beans.

>aldi
My nigga, I spend $50 a week there and only eat meat, veggies, eggs, fruits and I make my own soups combining those things. Eating healthy can be cheap AF.

It's a bizarre house, it's basically an illegal apartment building where every possible space has been turned into a real "unit" with a proper locking door and whatever. 100% not in accordance with fire codes, but I have a surprisingly secure "apartment" in here. It's cheap, the landlord never comes here, and I can lock myself into my little room and not have to interact with crackheads.

They are scary, though, one woman (just a customer, not a tenant) threatened to kill herself if we didn't let her smoke crack inside, and was saying how she has kids at home and they'd be orphans because of us and she couldn't wait until she got home to smoke it. Another woman needed two of her friends to pry her off of the coffee table she was railing lines off of, they were begging her to go home to her family. The people who actually live here like me because I mind my own business and don't snitch, so I don't have any trouble with them.

anywhere from 15-25 a week. i seriously don't eat a lot and when i do it's veggies and shit

Well goodspeed to you then man.

Do you do crack?

Nope, never even tried powder coke despite being offered it for free on a weekly basis for over a year. I can't afford to enjoy it, it's another craving I don't need.

Good luck mate

>buy cheap ass cuts of flank steak from wally world
>finally leave checkout after 6 hours of standing behind 12-child minority families
>about to exit the store
>feel cold, wrinkly hand grab my shoulder
>turn to face my assailant
>sagging flesh of an elderly person (gender test inconclusive)
>its dentures fall out as it makes an attempt to communicate
>"dyuhhh, payy, fuh dah"
>it reaches into my pockets and pulls out a copy of Pokemon: Ultra Sun (now available in stores)
>police are summoned, i get dragged into the warehouse and beaten to death
>get beaten to death again when i reincarnate because reincarnation without permission from the president is considered a violation of federal law
>find out later while haunting the wal-mart as an evil apparition that the grocery jester was responsible for sneaking the game into my pocket
>this could've all been avoided had i just bribed the greeter as i came into the store

I spend anywhere from $50 to $70 on groceries for the month, and I'll usually go out to eat once a week for $10. So I'd guess that would come out to aroun 100-120 a month on food. I pretty much just freeze all my perishables for the month, then defrost them the day before if I'm going to cook. I mostly just eat eggs, soup, spaghetti/ravioli, hot dogs, and probably hamburger helper if I have ground beef.

>going out to eat everyday
>paying 100% markup
I bet you're 250 pounds and a $30,000 millionaire

$75/week ($15 of that goes to liquor)

About $50 on rice and beans.

Good man.

There will come a time when you can afford all the ingredients you want. By then you'll have honed your skills and developed some great habits.

Good luck.

$500 and some change a month toward all food and groceries.
I typically try to budget my spending to about $1700 a month, that includes mortgage and utilities/internet.
I can net about $39,000USD from work after taxes and put back about $900 a month for savings. Currently running with a little under 20k in the savings account. I'll be getting married soon so the expenses will go up, but my fiancee grosses about $9k and when she gets a real job in her field, should be grossing $40k, so that will help cover more.

20 dollars a week on a normal week, those weeks where i have to restock things like eggs, oatmeal, rice, spices, etc maybe 30-35

>only spending $10-20
>implying he is depressed by that

Nigger I've gained like thirty pounds since I moved out of my parents' place because I eat too much junk food and drink too much beer. Don't complain about being a responsiblefag.

Less than ten dollars a month.

€25 a week

50 dollars for the essentials, not including alcohol. probably 100 counting alcohol and the occasional night out

literally look at your bank/card statements
unless you only pay with cash

400-650 Pesos a week.

Varies depending on if I have time to go grocery shopping. If I don't have time, I just stick to my college's meal plan.

my dad is that guy lmao but no one says anything because he's the boss

To expand on this, I'd guess about $150 on average.

Not all of us are desk jockeys. I don’t have the option of going to a restaurant, and I wouldn’t even if I could. My wife is an amazing cook, and since my choices for lunch are either leftovers or a sandwich, she always cooks a little extra supper for me to take to work the next day.

20-40$

I've done many 5$ months

$30 aud a week.

are you me?

I hope not, you disgusting neckbeard.