Which book(s) will cure my anxiety and depression?

Which book(s) will cure my anxiety and depression?

Other urls found in this thread:

cci.health.wa.gov.au/resources/infopax.cfm?Info_ID=46
cci.health.wa.gov.au/resources/infopax.cfm?Info_ID=40
cci.health.wa.gov.au/resources/infopax.cfm?Info_ID=37
youtube.com/watch?v=kStJFIqY3eY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Stop expecting a "cure," it isn't coming. You can only learn to better cope with your weakness

Accept this truth. You're going to have to build a life around dealing with these issues, unless you're 16 and just going through a phase

>he thinks they won't be permanent facets of his life
oh boy

The cure is in you, like the disease. Read "The Ego and Its Own"

wow. this is why i use the internet. to address the hard hitting questions of life from smart guys.

>embrace victimhood as your identity, abandon all self sovereignty

Classic depression fetishists, how happy the literary community would be without them

>Sickness unto Death
>Notes from Underground
>The Gay Science

Rimbaud, Une Saison en Enfer

Rather than listen to the mediocrities in this thread who would have you pathetically make a god of your shitty brain and bad habits, consider beginning with the stoics- Marcus Aurelius, Seneca, and Epictetus are philosophical giants who's thought greatly helped me to move past depressive tendencies

The trouble with depression is that it provides its hosts with compelling logic in support of its own distortions. Hence you get the cultists as above who push it as some sort of eternal burden that provides validation to their pitiful existence.

Highly recommend not listening to them. Being happy (or at least not unhappy) is great

Aryan-esotericism is helping me.
I'd say read the Black Sun by goodrick-clarke, it's a book by a professor in European religions that examines the occultism in Fascism.

I've actually been interested in checking these works and authors out, so thanks for recommending. I'll get started.

Oh btw, for Kierkegaard and Nietzsche, is there anyone I absolutely have to be familiar with beforehand?

If your mental disorder can be cured by Veeky Forums memes and pol speak, then it never existed in the first place. You're just an incompetent person who wanted attention

Read Lacan in a group and turn your Symptom into a Synthom
Also Psychoanalsysis

Gay

My theologian friends keep making fun of this guy.

start with the greeks

What do they say about him?

just fill your life with activities and it will go away. every really depressed person I've met spent way too much time ruminating in their room.

How do I meet people?

I honestly just read Thus Spake Zarathustra, laughed at the world for a couple of minutes and never felt depressed again

No really.

This pretty much boils down neurology science, helpful non-psychoanalytic therapies, stoicism, resilience and many great contributions of western and eastern thought.

So as to legitimize your depression, to open qualitatively new avenues of depression you didn't know were closed, and to make you ask what else is there to be known.

join several clubs, learn kung fu, life drawing, bouldering, anything really.

a friend of mine made friends through playing poker in the pub, but if you stay inside on your pc or even reading you'll go nuts.

It's neuroscience. Nobody says "neurology science"

Is the leg with the shoe on deformed, user?
Not even in idillic paintings everything can be perfect.

>mental disorder
Yeah, the only way to cure this is by seeing that you can produce taxes. Either with chemicals or trained orators.

Perdone usted, in my language they do.

You should cure it the scientific way, by fixing your diet, doing physical exercise, and maybe taking some drugs to illicit happy emotions you otherwise wouldn't have being sober.

I HOPE THIS PAINTING DISSAPEARS INTO THE VOID
ROCOCO IS HIDEOUS
DIE
DIE

DIE

Keep feeding the machine! Continue doing things poorly, maintain improper use through chemical alteration! Civilization without cause must be upheld! The show must go on!
No. If life isn't worth living, why bother? Change your paradigm.
>Teach a man to fish, you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.
Stop living from handouts and their ilk.

Jewish or prole?

I am a man of Learning,
Rococo is hideous art that belongs in the courts, somewhere in a backroom
How joyous to see the Bourgeoisie indulging in petty frivolous acts of deviancy!
OOOOe He is looking up her skirt! The Depth ! The Pitch dark depth!

>victimhood
Fuck no, you're supposed to become the proprietor of your own angst. That isn't defeatist.

the guy posting the mbct book, and overcoming series. you work for iapt?

This one seems good.

For anxiety disorder the best book I ever read (and that eventually lead to my own cure) is:

>Freedom From Fear

by Howard Liebgold.

The author himself suffered for more than 30 years with intense anxiety and panic attacks, until he finally discovered cognitive behavioral therapy in the 80’s and got much better in a few weeks that he had been before with thousands of hours of therapy.

The key thing here is: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Is by far the best approach to cure anxiety.

There are several books about it. What distinguishes Dr. Howard’s book is the fact that, since he suffered himself with the mental disease, he knows what to say, when to say and how to say. He really understands you and will offer answers to all of your questions.

Anxiety:
cci.health.wa.gov.au/resources/infopax.cfm?Info_ID=46

Social anxiety:
cci.health.wa.gov.au/resources/infopax.cfm?Info_ID=40

Depression:
cci.health.wa.gov.au/resources/infopax.cfm?Info_ID=37

Knock yourself out

autistic stemfag

I am the poster of , not the same guy as and no, I am not even from England.

The problem is your neuroticism. This personality trait was found to be pretty much insurmountable unless you increase your mindfulness. It silences the inner critic.
Seconded. Stoicism is fantastic for learning how to live, but it was ultimately insufficient for me until I added mindfulness to the equation.

>theologian friends
They would. Theologians are terrified of the implications of genuine visionaries and mystics

Read this book or just listen to it here (the book is the transcript of this series of talks):

youtube.com/watch?v=kStJFIqY3eY

I genuinely recommend this, it changed my life in a real way.

This is the real hard truth, not what the guy user responded to said. Ultimately you are choosing to be depressed because it satisfies your sense of identity. You decide that it suits you, probably because you don't know any other way. At the end of the day it's still your choice, and you must choose either to actively challenge it, which will be excruciating yet satisfying, or to embrace it live the depressed life you think some imaginary biology (which in reality is just self reinforcing thought loops) is condemning you too.

forgot to link OP

Not really, I mean common knowledge about the Bible and shit, but that's it.

Human interaction is a cure for most ailments.

Speak to people in real life, remember it's all in your head.

Revert back to traditional human living for a while, and see if it works.

the bible, over time

at the height of despair

Okay and what if hanging out with people makes you more anxious and depressed you extroverted faggot? I can't believe there are still retards who confuse cause and effect. You probably think you're a rational human too.

>kung fu
Useless. At least learn a real combat sport.

>Human interaction is a cure for most ailments.
Yeah, but where the hell do you find it?

There's no cure, there are but treatments.
Unless the treatment is only symptomatic, then there's no treatment at all.

I found The Myth of Sisyphus helpful.

pic related is very good for all manner of mental and social suffering. Even if you aren't Christian.

Anyone who tells you you can't overcome anxiety and depression is lying to you.

Arnold's encyclopedia of bodybuilding, naturally.
The bigger your tricep, the less the anxiety

None. You essentially will just come across authors who are kindred spirits and can put your feelings into an artistic medium, and that will help you through things and encourage you to similarly attempt to encapsulate a certain feeling or idea.

These "depression isn't real" memesters are either trolls or never had it to begin with

My diary desu

I'm introvert you wanker, and it's called aversion therapy, you stop being scared of things you are used to. Now go fuck yourself you defeated cunt.

>being drained by social interaction means you're scared of it
Why are you so dumb user?

Honestly, do any activity you find interesting, I enjoy exercising so I go to the gym, I see the same people every day, at the start we just said hi/bye , with time this evolved to the occasional small talk and now I know i can always find someone to talk to there. It is easy because we always have a common topic to speak about. Do what you enjoy and find others who enjoy it.

>Aryan-esotericism is helping me.
Hats off brother kekistani!

>you work for iapt?

no. but im aware they're recommended by NHS psychology services and are effective

Everyone who is saying that he will find release in doing "something else", such as art, or kun- fu or whatever, are not getting that he really needs cognitive restructuring. First of, you take CBT and start going then to activities and slowly but surely talking with people, eventually making friends, raising self-confidence and challenging all your irrational thoughts (such as "other people are aware of my anxiety" or "what will people think if I do X?").

Give yourself 6 months of CBT or MBT, or any other cognitive-oriented therapy (my god, there are even biofeedback therapies) and you will have progressed a lot.

Anatomy of Melancholy helps me

There is no cure, for me at least. Genuinely can't recall a time when I wasn't anxious. I can say though that CBT and everything like it is a meme that doesn't work for truly broken people or, as to not seem so edgy, people with flawed personalities. Round hole. Square peg.

Good stuff, now cure my borderline personality thanks and (you)s in advance