Im going to jail for 6 months pretty soon(please dont ask i want this thread to be about books)

Im going to jail for 6 months pretty soon(please dont ask i want this thread to be about books)
Im trying to load up on books to read.
Im looking for stuff about human behavior, philosophy and dark humor.
Any suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/FreshOutSeries
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

But why, user? Did you try to become Ubermensch?

Crime and Punishment is the perfect book for you.

Are you looking more for fiction or nonfiction? Also, I'm not sure if you can bring books in with you, so here's to hoping the jail has a halfway decent library.

The star of redemption

Why are you going to Jail user?
Everything by Dosto the Yevsky, you have the time to get lost in it
also Growth of the Soil

You have time, lots of time, you should use it on T O M E S

Clearly you need Jesus user. Read the bible. If they’re going to have one book it’ll be the bible.

Non-fiction. Philosophy, psychology etc.

Def have the time. 6 months would be a terrrible thing to waste sweeping concrete.
Hard NO

Use the time to study German Idealism

>when your life is so broken you think about doing some victimless crime, like selling weed, to get a few years in jail where I'll have nothing to do but read.

The Count of Monte Christo

You could have just worded it as what books should one have with them for a six month break from civilisation.

You could have spelled civilization correctly

>brainlet

Definitely read The Stranger. It's very short but worthwhile

Yeah, but what did you do though?

Literally this

I spent an hour doing this.
Now breads dead.

Op here.
Thank you.

youtube.com/user/FreshOutSeries
This guy will change your life

I second this. C&P is fiction but more specifically philosophical fiction and it will expose you to interesting views. It is also relevant to your case even though your crime was probably no near as serious as in the book.

If you're only there for six months it can't be that bad just tell us

I would reccomend Zeno's Conscience by Italo Svevo, which is about the life story of a nuerotic man who can't quite smoking. It is also pretty funny.

Not sure how known the author is, but look up Su Tong. Some of his good works are The Boat to Redemption (about a guy having his life slowly ruined around him) and My Life as Emperor (about a child emperor being deposed). He is Chinese and getting old, so a lot of his books are centered around the cultural revolution of the 50s but it is good, heart-rending stuff

If you run outta stuff, take the time to read religious texts like the Bible NOT for spiritual reasons, but simply to verse yourself on the teachings others follow. You can gain a lot of insight on a lot of people by simply understanding their morality based on the religion they most closely follow

the ego and its own.

Some shit became a bit hard to read.
And I forgot to add; read the classics (fiction).
Or any order of reading.
I'd say 'The Idea of History' and "On Literature". Then that History of Philiosophy by Kenny (Or Will Durant's book on philosophy).
From Dawn To Decadence is a great introduction to everything since 1400s.
Dunno if I included "Every Book Its Reader", you could start with that; it's a book on books.
Some of the books I included are forgotten gems. Others will make you accused of being a *bussword*.

learn to greentext newfag

fpbp

If you want dark humor, early Waugh or Kingsley Amis is the only way to go.

>Any suggestions?
Something about proctology.

Fucking kek.

You will get beaten and sexually abused on a regular basis, soyboy.

Bernard Steigler's "acting out", the first essay is about how he discovered philosophy while in prison.

>Getting beaten or sexually abused in Scandinavian five star hotel prison

m8, even in america most prisons have libraries.
>yfw shitheads in alcatraz in the depression read more hegel than you'll read
if you go to a modern one where they focus on computers you're just going to be on Veeky Forums not reading philosophy anyways.

You could always tell them to take computer or internet away from you.

Read some of the books listed in the image (related to chriatianity and history of philosophy), then study the presocratics, Plato, Aristotle, the Bible (a catholic annotated version, please, for they're deeply related to Plato and Aristotle), then read some more books on the list (but keep on studying Plato and Aristotle, for Christ sake). And read Saint Agustine and Saint Thomas Aquinas. Yoy can also learn math, greek and latin if you want to be a real patrician.

The bible has never weighed heavily on the philosophy of the average Christian, though it does play into their posturing