Fucking weak

Why my cold brew is fucking weak?????
1:10 ( 10 hours, room temperature)

use more coffee then, duh
also, what are you making it in? pic related?
I make mine in a plastic pitcher a literal gallon at a time.

do a pound per gallon, shake 5 mintues and let soak for 24 hours

Random image from jewgle.
The method same like you said.
Whtas your recipe??

So, 10 hours not enough???

Because you're probably doing it the wrong way you dumb shit. I bet you're pouring literal cold ass water over coffee grounds. What a dumb fuck.

Heat some what to about 180-200 degrees F (sorry I don't know C cause I'm not a fucking trash euro) and then pour that over your coffee grounds in your container. Stir it up for a minute, then put that in the fridge overnight.

Dumb shit.

180-200 f = 82-93c.
Then whats the difference between cold brew and hot brew ? Fucking imperial faggot

Are you making cold brew (your pic on the left) or cold drip (the device on the right)

>I have no idea what cold brew is
You might not be a fucking trash euro but you are a dumbass braindead mutt.

This is correct.

Just no. Iced coffee isn't cold brew
That ratio is REALLY weak and you need to let it soak literally twice as long. 20-24 hours. 1 lb per gallon.

Can someone explain to me what's the point of cold brew coffee?

It saves energy costs, assuming you would be running your fridge anyway.

Cold brewing doesn't leach tannins out of the beans, so you don't end up with any of that typical "coffee bitterness". It comes out tasting more like dark chocolate with whichever other flavors your chosen roast carries.
It's also highly concentrated and has a really high caffeine content.

Ok the guy saying you should put it in near boiling water and put the whole thing in the fridge is obviously retarded BUT I have it from a coffee authority that giving the grounds a “shock” of a small amount of semi hot water is a good idea. Like just enough to get the grounds damp, let them sit for a smidge, then douse in room temp water and let that soak for 24 hours in the fridge

What's the advantage?

I doubt that would do anything significant at all.

Thanks for the replies lads
I work at a jar distribution warehouse. So I'll bring home a gallon dispenser and give it a crack tonight

You could double brew it. Do what said then filter it, then do it again with the coffee instead of fresh water. It's going to continue to get stronger until it's concentrated enough for you.

protip take extra cold brew and freeze it. blend with some combination of cream, khalua, vanilla vodka, w.e

also use ice cubs and a jar that holds the cold in and have cold coffee all day not watered down in the summer

>I have it from a coffee authority that
What the actual blueberry fuckmuffin is a coffee authority?

OP, because you're using cold water and cold brewing overnight, it doesn't leach a lot of the tanins and acidic compounds from the beans. Its just going to have less of a bite, less bitterness, but all of the coffee flavor. If you're still convinced its "weak", then add more coffee grounds. If you're using half a cup of grounds per 5 cups water, then it might be a bit weak: up that by a bit more. Its not illegal, and you won't upset anyone but autistic jerks who believe theres only 1 way to do it.

Your method is fine, just tweak the quantities until you're happy. I forgot to ask, are you adding cream and sugar after its brewed?

Looks to me like you're throwing those savings into buying more coffee, though.
I might give it a try to see how much the taste changes but it looks like more bother than I'm interested in.

Do you heat it when it's done or drink it cold?

>recipe
A full cup of ground coffee in a gallon of warm water.
I usually let it sit for 12 hours at room temperature before I filter it out.
>in the fridge overnight
No, YOU are the dumb shit.

>it looks like more bother than I'm interested in.
you literally just add cold water to coffee grounds and let it sit on its own for a day, it could barely involve less effort
>Do you heat it when it's done or drink it cold?
you're basically making coffee concentrate so you normally dilute it a little with some water or milk or whatever for a good cold drink
you could heat it up if you like but why not just make plain old coffee at that rate

What a great way to ruin all the food near the coffee container in the fridge.

Basic chemistry
>Liquid too cold
>Particles not small enought
>Sediment stay at the bottom (not stirring it from time to time)
>Concentration was too small

Dunno which one you fucked up.

1:4 coffee:water, room temp water, stir, 4 hours at room temp, stir, 8 hours at room temp, filter, refrigerate, drink

In my experience, brew time has a huge impact on the overall flavor. Find the brew time you like, typically 10-24 hours, then adjust the ratio/grind for concentration.