Messy hairs everywhere

>messy hairs everywhere
>takes a shitton of work to pull apart and eat

Is there a worse vegetable than the artichoke?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IjoDJbmNQ1Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Your move.

you do boil them first, right?

But the heart makes it worth all the work. Plus they are crazy healthy for you.

they are fucking delicious

>literally its only reasonable use is in gumbo due to the slimy texture and huge number of seeds

Fried with corn breading is fucking delicious you retarded spic

deep fried okra with tobasco is a human necessity

pickled is great as well. it may even be greater than pickled cucumbers

Green bell peppers.

Sorry, pickled things are all part of a commune of sorts. Except pickled peppers which are above all.

Got some recently because I've never had them before. Raw they tasted like death aith a texture of snot. I roasted some with vegetable oil and salt+pepper and they were very nice.

Yeah, but they are great on pizza.

>messy hairs everywhere

t. never learned how to properly eat a fucking artichoke, the best stand alone vegetable in existence

I frequently get orka when my grocery store has them and do that exact thing: oven roasted with some oil, salt/pepper. They are really good like that. I've found sauteing not to be good for okra because it brings out their sliminess

I've never had artichoke but I've always wanted to try some. Is it better to boil or steam it?

youtube.com/watch?v=IjoDJbmNQ1Y

>omg, he's famous, so we must hate him, reee
yeah, whatever, just don't watch if you have epilepsy.

I don't watch him. It's not because I have epilepsy.

you ruined his day!

I never thought artichoke was that good untill I had it with mayonnaise.

20 minutes in the pressure cooker, dip in a combination of mayo, red wine vinegar, and tobasco.

You are so fucking right. I remember I was a kid and saw my mom doing this, I thought it was disgusting at first. Now, I love dipping a freshly steamed artichoke heart in a bit of mayo.

I don't have a pressure cooker

this made me nauseous. they should fire whoever thought these camera angles were any good

Nah, I steam them.

just boil it in a pot and sit on it to build the pressure

Grilled a few of these bad bois last summer. Figured I'd give them a whirl since my grocery store always has them, and the Latin population is non-existent here in SE WI.

Absolutely god awful. Heapings of salsa couldn't even save them

Next time put lemon when you grill these bad bois so that next time it doesn't taste like leathery cardboard

Also
>buying store grade nopales
>not growing your own

Is this not a cactus?
I understand Wisconsin is a barren hellhole, much like a desert, but I live on a lake. Don't think the pricklyboi will grow out here. Also, my one experience was enough to never try these again

These things grow in the midwest. IL here and I've found them in some random spots, so WI wouldn't be too surprising. But I think he bought them at the store mate, not picked 'em out of the ground.