So, what's the consensus on garlic ?

So, what's the consensus on garlic ?

It's good.

GOAT

I've never eaten anything with too much garlic, I don't even know if you could reasonably add too much garlic.

I've eaten enough in a meal that I was sweating it out for the next two days. I reeked. But I feel like that was too much for other people...not for me.

It pairs well with oregano. Rosemary not so much.

That it's garlic...

king of seasonings.

I hate it.

Gods gift to mankind

This + Fresh Ginger is the start of most Asian Cooking

one of the greatest foods in the known universe

It’s among the most crucial ingredients in the world

good for your dick
good for your blood pressure
good for your stomach

so all around good

It's OKish, I guess.

the cornerstone of civilization

Its good, but I could do without the smell oozing out of my pores the following day.

Throwing this in a pan while frying some onion creates one of my favourite smells in cooking.

Crispy slices of garlic in a salad on some tuna. Or garlic butter on a piece of baguette. Cutting and spreading it into a pasta and working it into a pasta with just some shrimp, spinach and olive oil.
Truly delicious.

best thing i can think of for adding garlic flavor

I try to eat a lot when binge drinking to conceal the stench of alcohol in my sweat the next day. It seems to work.

Rosemary and garlic go sensationally with lamb.

PUT IT EVERYWHEREEEEE

>tfw religion doesn't permit me to eat potatoes, carrots, radishes, onions and garlic
Religion was a mistake

Fuck yeah.

I think the consensus is that it is great

Personally I think it's often way too pungent and easily overshadows alot of nuance in cooking, especially if used in excess

overrated and not that great imo

I don't like botulism

My uncle makes lamb leg with a head and a half of garlic, and it's the best lamb leg you'll ever have the pleasure of eating.

Too spicy for me, I'm white.

Wtf

>ruins nuance

Hmm... I find that I can add garlic to most dishes to add nuance. It blends well with a lot of flavors. Maybe you are using old garlic as it becomes more pungent with age. If it's sprouting then it's too old.

How to not smell like garlic after consumption?

I use to eat so much garlic that the smell of it came out of my pores

It's amazing, obviously. The other day we made spaghetti and meatsauce, so I roasted two heads of garlic in the oven and squeezed some out over bread. My god I think I could have eaten just bread and roasted garlic for dinner, it was so fucking good.

>Islam was a mistake
Ftfy

it gives me a really bad headache. onions too.
i don't really mind the flavor of either though.
however, it seems like a lot of people overuse it. especially people who seem think very highly of their own cooking

I can't digest it very well, I like it but I always end up burping garlic stench for days

Garlic is ding-dong diddly based.

Top notch unless you put too much then borderline inedible

>pairs with
Shut the fuck up with the "pairs with". Youve been watching too many super gay cooking shows. Garlic and rosemary are great together.

I eat garlic and onion daily. The base of basically everything I cook. I probably smell like a walking garlic and onion. Is this why in single? Maybe I'll find someone else who eats lots of garlic and onion too. (Also fish)

My father lived to be 97 by living on a garlic diet.

Remove the germ from garlic if you don't already. Some people apparently have trouble digesting that part in particular.

Islamic diet is best diet. You literally cannot prove me wrong.

the god-tier ingredient in most kitchens all over the world

Roasted garlic with salt, pepper, and olive oil is my favorite ingredient

Wtf do you mean? Just use it when it's needed.

Do you even cook?

Garlic and onions are proof that there is a god.

I don't know about "garlic diet", but my great-great uncle also lived about that long by eating a raw bulb a day.

try eating some parsley

Delicious, though I should not use so much in some recipes, breath felt like it could melt or rot steel for a day.

>pungent

you're supposed to cook the acidity out

it's a very nutty, savory flavor

me too. For me, it was at HuHot. I just added so much, so much garlic. It was amazing. I cant get enough of it, but everyone else suffers. My farts were the most concerning.

Only Koreans use that shit.

Canadians hate it

did you guys get my joke?

>samefagging as me

I made a pasta dish and then when eating it, it was really lacklustre and boring. Then I realised I forgot to add garlic. So I'd say its quite important when you can recognise the drop in quality of flavour just from one ingredient being missed.