Meal Prep

Anyone here do Sunday Meal Prep?
Just started doing it recently to take stress off of school days, was wondering if anyone had any tips.

Kind of.

My roommates dominate almost every square inch of both house and refrigerator space, I have cordoned off the vegetable crisper for myself, but really, that is not enough to cook what I want when I want.

I frequently meal prep large quantities of things I will eat throughout the week, for example for this week I made butternut squash curry that I can reheat with freshly cooked brown rice at will. I had it tonight actually, it was muy delicioso.

As for tips, buy the best plastic containers you can find. cheap ones will warp and melt from the hot foods you will put in them weekly.

I recommend something like pic related.

I buy the glass ones.

Taking stress off from the day by cooking everything on Sunday? Pshh. I find cooking relaxes me. Id rather do it for each individual meal if I could.

>SUNDAY MEAL PREP
>post spacing adjusted for redditor

muh reddît guys LOOK AT ME GUISE!!!!! LOOK AT MY SUNDAY MEME PREP!!

HEY GUISE, I SAW THIS MEME ON MY TOTES FAV WEBBY REDDIBOI AND IM

TOTALLY INTO IT CUZ ALL MY ONLINE FRIENDS ARE DOING IT TOO ON REDDIBOI!

CAN I GET APPROVAL FROM YOU PEOPLE TOO?

IS IT OK THAT I MAKE MEME FOOD ONCE A WEEK AND EAT SHITTY LEFTOVERS

EVERY OTHER DAY BECUASE IM TOO FUCKING LAZY TO ACTUALLY COOK FOR

MYSELF ON A DAILY BASIS??

HUH GUYS?? LOOK AT ALL THE TIME IM SAVING EATING SHITTY LEFTOVERS!

NOW I HAVE MORE TIME TO PLAY NINTENDO SWITCH!!!

i hope you choke on your meme food.

I use these, they are a tad on the flimsy side but have held up well and are cheap and I like the three containers to keep shit separate. This last week I made 10 meals; for entrees 5 breaded chicken breasts and 5 sausages, for sides 5 got corn and 5 with green beans, and all 10 got mashed potatoes for the other side.
Maybe an hour of cooking and I've got lunch and dinner for the work week.

some people have jobs where they can't cook a steak at lunch, nigger

kys

here have an artisanal (you)

Stop responding to obvious bait.

no excuse for eating leftovers every single day of the week. why do that to yourself? dont you deserve better?

Good food is still good the next day. I'm sorry you don't know how to cook.

>the next day
>preps 5 meals

? ? ? ? ?
?
?
?
? ? ? ? ?
?
?
?
?

?

Who the fuck doesn't "Meal Prep"?

Is there literally a single person on Earth who makes a singleportion of food each time for every single meal?

I do mine on Monday, because I'm working in the kitchen the other 6 days. I did a venison bourguignon for all my dinners this week, along with about 3 days worth of horseradish mash. I use shitty frozen veg on the side because fuck waiting for water to boil when I get home, I'm hungry NOW. Then for breakfast I usually make soup of some kind, this week I used the offcuts from the venison plus some bacon offcuts to make a kind of gamey lentil soup, usually have it with a slice of toast. Not sure what I'm going to do next week, maybe a curry or something.

I usually make a big pot of something like chilli or stew or soup on saturday and sunday. Gives me meals to eat throughout the work week.

Yea because I despise eating the same thing multiple times a week, and reheating frozen food makes it taste like garbage

I pac everything inside my mouth

You don't need to freeze it, most things I make last perfectly fine for a few days just being refrigerated.

I made some mini frittatas for breakfast.
they stuck to the muffin tin like a bitch tho.

I've started doing ingredient prep ahead of time, then doing the final cooking/assembly the day of. That way most days I only have to clean one pan and spatula.

Been using canned vegetables in mine to cut down on cooking even more. I get cans with no added salt.

>meal prep
>fancy white people way of saying “leftovers”