Am I, a white author, allowed to use the N-word in my writing?

Am I, a white author, allowed to use the N-word in my writing?

What if I'm using it in the context of the dialogue of a black character?

you can say nigger cunt fuck shit arse polyp rectal prolapse suck me mommy if you want, it won't be as good as burroughs.

just make it realistic and not wardine be cry

>Am I, a white author, allowed to use the N-word in my writing?
thats rayciss

>What if I'm using it in the context of the dialogue of a black character?
thats rayciss

>rayciss
www.youtube.com/watch?v=LztZu5s0-QU
subtle busch advertising pls go, we need spirits after noon, and american beer a shit any way

I'm a white male author and I've not only used the 'n-word' but also the 'd-word'.

>Pic related
>"Nigger dyke"

As for context, that's the 3rd book in the LAtD series, the black lesbian was introduced in the 2nd book, and not only did she nearly kill him, not only is he STILL recovering now in the 5th book, but in the 2nd and 3rd books she's been steadily harassing him, calling racist, sexist, homophobic, and so on and so forth. No proof that he's any of these things beyond him being white, male, and as far as she can tell also straight. He finally gets sick of it and tells her to suck his cock 'nigger dyke'. She ends up in absolute shock for a moment before attempting t get to him to attack him but a woman nearby who's basically his lover manages to stop her. If said black lesbian had gotten to him in his wounded/weakened state, she'd have killed him with her bare hands without a doubt, but thankfully she was stopped.

In the 5th and latest instalment of the series, he gets the ultimate revenge, and brutally rapes her (repeatedly) before finally executing her. By the end of it, she's almost begging for death. It's easily the most intense stuff I've ever written, but we're talking about a lawless post-apocalyptic world. Shit happens, and yes, even the protagonist ends up doing some insane stuff that can make the reader question whether he's the 'good guy' or the 'bad guy'. In the end, I personally think he's neither; he's just a man who wishes to survive, but also a man who believes in vengeance.

The first two books in the series are free today on the 31st and the next two in the series are discounted to 99 cents in the US and 99P in the UK until November 4th. Write about whatever the fuck you want, OP.

This is probably bait but... anyway just write whatever tf you want. It's impossible to consider and avoid every aspect that might be offensive to certain groups or individuals nowadays.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't make an effort to avoid causing pain in your readers due to your offensiveness.

Your ancestors created everything in the modern world, you can do whatever you want.

> a fucking white male
That's racist. Kill urself.

Did you just assume my gender?

>avoid causing pain
OP obv didn't mean to write something in order to insult black ppl. This PC debate harms freedom of the arts. Context matters and should be considered.

You think it unlikely that simply reading such a hateful word as a racial slur wouldn't be triggering for some?

For whom? Niggers? Niggers don't read.

Either baiting or no reading comprehension.

The skeletons are scary
But the living are far scarier

Why the fuck not?
Since when was literature supposed to exist only to make people feel warm and fuzzy?

Who cares, it's not like anyone's going to read it.

Why not? Just self-publish it, get it on KDP Select, do free promotions from time to time, and do a bit of online marketing. People will download it, in time reviews will start to trickle in, and might even end up touching bases with fans who enjoy your work. Oh yeah, and then there's a bit of spending money, which is nice.

You should do it
Bonus points if funny

Sounds like the most pathetic self insert fic this side of deviant art

yes

You can use it however you want wherever you want, for fuck's sake it's fiction. You either do whatever you feel like or you are doing it for someone else. Just like a nigger in a cotton field.

>a white author
automatically racist. end yourself.

>environmental racism
wtf i hate nature now

Yes you are allowed, dude. It can be from a white character too, it doesn't matter.

Nobody's gonna stop you

>this is going to be a real issue for Western literature in the near future

Why is she browsing Islamic sites?

Its only okay if you are a nigger or a woman.

Just don't sell your book in the US

What's wrong with that, user?

When one's book is relevant to the thread, one must shill. It is known.

Where's the keyboard in that pic?

>In her underwear
>Between pussy lips
>The teeth are holding it
>Happy Halloween

If you get your black friend to type the word out for you it's fine

Okay Veeky Forums, say you're a published author and you've used the n-word in your writings.

At a very large Q&A, a black girl comes up to the mic and asks you why you used the n-word when you could have used any other less offensive word.

What do you say to her?

What word could be used rather than "nigger" in a scenario where "nigger" was used?

I write for adults, not children

You could simply not write about such a scenario. Unless you're black, you don't even really understand what it's like to be on the receiving end of such unbridled hate.

Leave that for actual black authors to write about.

You write and the audience consumes. You don't get to say who it is or is not for.

"Unbridled hate," you say? Not a statistics guy, are ya?

You're allowed to do anything you want, and you're allowed to live with the consequences. That's how reality works.

This. Basically this is the only response you can give and shut them up.

Why not? If let's say the novel has a well built character with a more straight-forward attitude and leans towards arrogance/aggressiveness, why shouldn't it use "nigger" if there's a given situation and that would make the book better. I agree there's usually a hit or miss with this type of writing, but if that makes the novel more original, more pure substance from the author, why stop?

I can't believe how blind I was. About 3+ years ago I would have argued against that for some unGodly reason. Damn my ignorance... thank God I've learned.

On the left, resting on the table.

nothing in that section implies it has anything to do with black people except for the domestic violence.

nice pic they chose. so basically they couldn't find a stat that said black-on-white-crime 90% violent (or else they would've certainly said so), so they used the stat they could get and inserted a pic of a beat up, blonde, blue-eyed woman. gotta protect those white women.

but when all those white bankers traded all those sketchy home loans for poor people into financial collapse, that doesn't count since there were no charges levied and the US gov bailed out all the loans, right? wasn't a crime, folks. whites don't commit crimes against blacks. move it along.

>white bankers
You mean jewish bankers. But since you're obviously black I am aware that you are already working from a low cognitive level.

Blacks commit the majority of violent crime in America. This is a result of them being a dysfunctional race that is impulsive and limited in long-term thinking.

>gator baits killed whites
>whites stole from gator baits
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Freshman year of high school
>Teacher tells me to start quoting the book in my reports.
>Then gets me in trouble when I quote a sentence that had the word nigger in it.
??????????

I've never read IJ and the only things that make me want to is talk about Wardine parts. I'm wondering if the people criticizing it are right or just negro apologists.

sdfdgfdgfdgfd

So, you haven't read Waugh, Greene, Christie, or basically any book a twelve year old Catholic girl would.

>when OP's too American to read
kek, gets me everytime.

Just, FYI, they're allowed use the words "spot" "the" "dog" and "ball" too in that book they're reading. Don't worry the doggy won't get in trouble for those nasty words either, because everyone knows that's where words are supposed to live.

>basically any book a twelve year old Catholic girl would.

they don't get to anal at 14 by not reading, babby.

And you think they learn anal... from reading?

m8, go talk to a catholic schoolgirl and let her make your illiterate life far more weird than you know it can be. you owe it to your career.

>daily reminder of joyce's letters to his wife

good god that shit was so bad.

what makes you think you can even come close to authentically transmitting the infinitely complex experience of black americans through words, cracker?

DECOLONIZE BLACK BODIES

>black americans
>nigger's a merrican werd tyvm
kek. i think i might write a book about americans trying to turn maghrebis into proper black people so they can save them. competition welcome

Dylan got a nobel prize and he used the N word, granted he's not white though.

>granted he's not white though.

The magic words

you have to be at least half as cool as Samuel Clemens before you're allowed to write the word "Nigger"

I don';t even know who Samuel Clemens is.

Nobody pretends to be this retarded, newfag. It's Mark Twain and you need to stop posting for a year.

Haha that's cute

You can’t dress as black people, Asian people, Hispanic people, or Arabic people! That’s racist! You also can’t dress as white people because that’s racist too!

>You can't
come here and make me stop.

We should have a Muhammad-drawing contest. Fuck Liberals and fuck the cowpie of a religion 'Islam'. I have at least SOME degree of respect for women so I'd be a terrible Muslims.

What's wrong with promoting white beauty?

>Theres actually people that have those belief.
Imagine having your wife's daughter asking you what dress she could or couldn't wear.

I liked that section. Besides, even if it's not your favorite, it's super short. I don't get why people hate it so much.

bait harder

>am I as an artist allowed to-
Not gonna make it.

it's a meme.
On a side note: DFW, narrating through Don Gately, used the n-word a lot if I recall

Nigger you probably shouldn't if you are't even unable to use it in a Veeky Forums board you fucking cuck

Yes you can use nigger. Stop being such a little cuckold m8.

I hate when people make threads asking for "advice" when they and anyone else who's browsed the board for five minutes knows exactly what the replies will be. What's the point? Your post isn't even inflammatory enough to qualify as trolling, it's just creating a useless thread.

>implying wardine be cry isn't realistic

IDK but you can definitely use faggot.

Is this bait? I don’t read to be coddled.

>Can a dog be racist?

The real answer is 'no', but the left doesn't care about what's real and what isn't.

>allowed
You're allowed to do whatever the fuck you want, just be aware of the eventual repercussions if the black guy in your novel talks like a /pol/-caricature

OP on suicide watch

That's the fucked up part. A lot of black guys are /pol/ caricatures. Why shouldn't you be able to tell their stories?

Do you actually think a majority of successful artists push cultural taboos? Practically all of them work completely inline with their market's boundaries.

Fucking look at Hollywood.

>inb4 "Not Real Art"

OH BOY

>I don't need cancer treatment! Why should anyone else!?

>What if a white child with cancer only had 3 weeks left to live and their last wish to the make a wish foundation was to be able to say the N word just once. Are you telling me its not okay for a white person to say the N word in that instance?

You can. Just look at Tarantino and other movie makers.

But I'm not Jewish, so there's a difference.

Just convert. It's not a big deal.

That's not how Judaism works, fucko, your mom has to be a Jew in order for you to be a real Jew

>not knowing what environmental racism is
I'm racist as fuck, but please don't make yourself look so retarded.

I remember once when I was in a creative writing class in college that I wrote a short story centered around the flogging of a young British sailor and my reviewing partner was this black girl who told me I shouldn't write about people being whipped because it's a black thing and that its wrong to have a white character be whipped because it takes away from the real-life trauma of black slaves being whipped.

Needless to say, I requested a partner switch.

What the fuck is environmental racism? Is it like that 'cultural appropriation' bullshit? I can't wait to be in the presence of a non-white Liberal who uses that phrase.

"Cultural appropriation? I see... please remove any jean or denim material you might be wearing. Cellphones, laptop, any internet device really should be handed in. When you go home be sure to get rid of just about every electronic device you have including any sources of heat beyond fire. Probably gonna have to get rid of any plastics, if you're black then you should probably be only wearing leather and likely nothing above the belly button, or if you're Native then you shouldn't even have any wheels since those hadn't been invented in America until the white man arrived. Probably gonna have to hand in any eye wear too. Thanks for forfeiting the appropriation of white culture, have a good day."

God damn it feels good to be white. White people are awesome. Also, NOBODY can wage war like the white man. The Chinese may have written about the art 2500 years ago (it was a good read, Sun Tzu!) but the white man bloody PERFECTED it!

shit dude thats not true at all

I've heard the 'mother' thing too though. Apprently you're 'more' of a Jew if your mother was Jewish. As for not being a Jew if your mother wasn't Jewish, I don't know about that, but it's definitely important for the mother to be Jewish. It's like being born a Islamic MAN instead of an Islamic WOMAN; you just matter more.