What are some food combinations that most people don't realize work really well?

What are some food combinations that most people don't realize work really well?

Pic related, cracking black pepper onto the cut side of halved strawberries doesn't taste peppery at all, just makes the strawberries taste sweeter and deeper

Pineapple on pizza

Derailing the thread pretty quick. I like your brazenness

blue cheese on gingerbread rather than plain crackers

soft gorgonzola on a ginger snap, sweet jesus

You can also mix black pepper with vanilla ice cream to make the vanilla taste stronger.

neiss thread, OP. from the thumb i thought it was chocolate. will try this.

i've recently found that havarti cheese tastes even better when paired with sweet potatoes or small yams. toss in some room-temp deli meats, salted ham, etc. and you've got a nice trinity of flavors that are enhanced together.

pig fat and garlic (or onions and salt instead of garlic). Simple East euro specialty where you take small bites of both.

Blend up a block of soft tofu in a food processor then mix it in with mac'n'cheese instead of using cream.

Scrambled eggs on peanut butter and jam toast

cinnamon raisin bread/bagel with garlic cream cheese

apparently, curry powder too

salt on watermelon or cantaloupe

Any mild cheese on sweet potato is the shit

Not a food combo, but the best drink pairing for blue cheese is a peaty whisky. Wine doesn't work nearly as well.

This practical joke has gone on too long. Stop ruining perfectly good melons with salt.

Cream cheese with doppelbock! not your typical contrast-y pairing but more of a synergetic flavor fusion

The sweet but also a little bitter, malty cold beer washing down the rich creamy herbal cheese like a roule, hnggg

cubes of strawberry with basil. Pepper is in that recipe too

I don't put it on watermelon, but I put salt on cantaloupe.

Here's my suggestion, Saltines and apple sauce. Just scoop a little apple sauce on a saltine cracker and eat it.

A lot of Asians where I work put salt on all their fruit. Every time they take a bite, they sprinkle more on top of where they just bit. It's so absurd, because there's already so much flavor in fruit. I can't get over it.

It's a holdover from when it was basically impossible to get decent melon, if you buy a watermelon, take a bite, and are disappointed, THEN I suggest you try salt. If you take a bite and it's great keep salt the fuck away from it.

bananas on pizza, I shot it down before I tried it (like most people) but then I tried it and it's fantastic.
pineapple pizza belongs in the trash btw

>approves banana
>disapproves pineapple

Into the garbage disposal you go

fite me irl pleb

I might if you're close enough

Idk thats a pretty legitimate post for the topic

>literal block of soy
No thanks

Vanilla ice cream and balsamic vinegar.

>muh, I don't like soy because muh infowars told me not to
The literal definition of a soiboi. Good goy!

Instant coffee-sprinkled sharp cheddar. Grape molasses or honey drizzle. Incredible wine accompaniment.

Balsamic vinegar reduction syrup on vanilla ice cream is fantastic. Most of the vinegary harshness evaporates out, leaving you with a sweet, tangy grape flavor. Pretty badass on melons, too. A reduction made from even the cheap to mid-tier fake stuff is fantastic. It's culinary gold, like bacon fat, butter or anchovies. Things like this make people accuse you of cheating at cooking.

Strawberries dipped in sour cream and then brown sugar. Not sure how "strange" that is.

This

Okay I'm not trying to diss you, but can we really call taking a mouthful of lard and another of onion a speciality?

arugula and pussy

Salt makes fruit taste sweeter, but desu a canteloupe or a melon is delicious as is

watermelon and feta is godly

i get it, but if the fat/meat's smoked then i guess it could be elevated. it was meant to be a snack after a day's work in the fields, so it's more rugged then refined.

wow a thread in which people are actually sharing some useful info instead of shitpoasting incessantly.

i never understood the whole "lox and bagel with cream cheese thing" but then again i still have my foreskin. i've always preferred baked goods with whipped butter and honey.