Fuck your pizza

>go to pizzeria in Brooklyn, NY
>order fucking Domino's with the chef.

i cant believe this cunt, he's got some fucking nerve. or he's suicidal.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6naWCw5LSPc&t=677s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You're dumb.

i guess you missed the point

Literally who

>LMAO going to pizza place in [area that has the best pizza] and ordering [not the best pizza]
>Pizza is serious business! Hope he's suicidal!
>LAMO

>"I don't know why I posted in this thread, I just need to waste a couple more seconds of my meaningless existence" The Post

>literally the most famous chef and restaurateur of the past decade, with tons of media outlets and popular cultural exposure
>b-but he doesn't have an internet may may like salt bae so i have no idea who he is!

>>literally the most famous chef and restaurateur of the past decade, with tons of media outlets and popular cultural exposure
He's clearly not that famous then fag.

It would've taken less time for you to give him a name, you dub trip fags.

Yeah, chefs aren't that famous if you aren't interested in food and cooking.

>trip fags

They don't have trips, retardymous.

>surfing a board literally called Food & Cooking on an argentine cave drawing forum website
>not being interested in food and cooking
wow

>He doesn't surf boards ironically

This show is just Ching Chong man complaining that people don’t eat food how Koreans eat food

That's literally the opposite of what the show is about.

bad thread op

>study pizza as my passion
>Open my own pizzeria, built on my own hard work
>Fuck head comes in and orders Domino's
>Records it for Netflix

GTFO

>asian""""chefs"""""
lmao

Dub trip in reference to their post # endings, you pic related.

Until he got to asian food

Asians don't care about shitty greasy greaseball food.

get over it wigger.

David Chang is an insufferable cunt. Even his cute little mom calls him "king baby" which is her way of saying he's a spoiled little brat.
I haven't liked him for a long time, but if you really want to see some douchebaggery, watch the next episode about tacos and watch while he tries to connect every taco he eats to somehow being of Asian origin. Even the guys he's with start giving him shit.

yeah I didn't know how to feel about him at first he sorta just rubbed me the wrong way somehow

then I watched him in more shows and he just seems like an asshole, and then I found out he sells a 150 dollar fried chicken

Nice backpedaling, but you're still retarded.

You kidding? He spent the whole bbq episode jerking off about Korean bbq and didn’t even mention the famous Texas bbq restaurants. The Cajun one he spent half the time complaining that people weren’t making Viet-Cajun in fucking New Orleans. Then he made his Korean thanksgiving.

he also takes credit for NYs ramen renaissance even though nobody likes his overpriced bullshit ramen and it never actually makes it on to lists of the top places to go
even chains like ippudo make the list and he doesn't

remember when there was a whole segment of no reservations in japan where they ate egg salad sandwiches from a convenience store?
pretentious cunt

>watching a netflix series and expecting quality

I'm offended that he used Dominos as an example of pizza in New Jersey.

Thank you. Chang is a fucking moron. Netflix is a shithole.

That doesnt seem like a backpedal at all, retard

>using the term tripfag incorrectly
>b-but you just don't understand

Backpedaling.

I keep it just to rewatch Bojack Horseman, the best show on TV right now.

Guy acts like a giant pissbaby.

Chefs are so full of themselves and think they are all so tough for literally no reason. Him and bourdain should just get married.

They can go listen to Henry Rollins lectures while they talk about how unauthentic the tacos in Austin are.

Fucking hate chinks

He's Korean American and cooks basterdized Japanese food.

The buzzfeed "worth it" episode where they eat fried chicken at his restaurant and he tries to game the system and win by basically slathering a drumstick in probably $2000 dollars of caviar was the most transparent and petty shit I have seen someone do on the series and he doesn't even win

He is the biggest douchebag in NYC cookery and I want to watch a cage match between him and Eddie Huang

>youtube.com/watch?v=6naWCw5LSPc&t=677s

If anyone can palate this dudes attitude they must be autistic or something. I wonder if he's an alcy or something. He always looks sorta fucked up.

>inb4 buzzfeed
yes i know, but this is the one decent series they make even if the hosts are probably fucking each other

asian dude is a virgin and has a gf
>inb4 anal sex with whiteboi doesn't count

You are correct. But I disagree with you and others running Chang down. I don't bother with his restaurants, but I sure as fuck get the appeal. I think a lot of people on this board hate him because he's found a way to make a lot of money building a restaurant empire by selling pretty much their own sensibilities to rich people. Think about it: he's a guy who appreciates really good food, but refuses to let that appreciation make him snobby about the delicious trash he also likes. Kinda like Bourdain, but more inspired in the kitchen. His thought process is, "I refuse to pretend I don't like this trashy shit just because I'm a chef and I'm SUPPOSED to dislike it." But then he takes it a step further by creating dishes for his restaurants that evoke that trashy shit in forms people will pay lots of money for. It's actually brilliant. Kind of a reverse snobbery leading to profit - turning the idea of fine dining upside down. It might not be what I want to eat, but I admire him for doing it.

I only ever went to Momofuku, and that was like 10 years ago. It was actually surprisingly affordable for lower Manhattan. What I hate about him is how he starts all these things (Lucky Peach) and then seemingly runs out of ideas and hands them over to his friends.

I'd probably do the same shit. Take a cut off the top of everything, then open something small like 3 days a week only for dinner, charge whatever it took to keep reservations full 3 months out, and do whatever I wanted to do with it

He won't do that because his ego is to big not to be hot shit 24/7 so he'll probably end up like bourdain and do more TV

Some guys are good at starting things up, other guys are better at the day to day operations. Chang is an idea man. And his ideas are definitely not orthodox. In fact, he can't resist rebelling against orthodoxy. To me that's the likeable thing about him.

Really?

Dude has some good cooking skills and top banter. Would enjoy hanging out with him desu.

>top banter
are all of your friends douchenozzles? He's the kind of guy who does not take roasting in stride

He's a provocateur. Either you can handle that or you can't.

The thing that separates good banter from bad is being able to laugh at yourself m8, not just take a big crap on everything in the room. A pigeon can do that

>not just take a big crap on everything in the room. A pigeon can do that
True. But some of the most endearing provocateurs had little sense of humor about themselves - it's often turned outward. Think about Oscar Wilde or Frank Zappa. Or even George Carlin. They all took their own opinions very seriously, even though they ran down others' for sport. You can actually get away with that if your work allows you to back such a stance up.

I've always wanted to like Zappa, but most of his studio albums just don't do anything for me. Love me some Captain, though.

I'm saying all four of those characters exist(ed) in opposition to the prevailing norms. Their inspiration was not in denying that the best of the prevailing norms was actually good, but the idea that challenging them was a better way to way to improve them. Wilde skewered the frippery of the aristocrats he hung with to their delight, until the finally managed to throw him in jail for being a fag. Zappa constantly mocked the ethos of rock and roll by insinuating modern classical into it and writing most of his lyrics around really stupid (and often offensive) social satire. Carlin's comedy eventually turned into rants about how stupid everybody was, but he was kinda right, even though he came off as bitter. Like those guys Chang is out to prove a point. His point is often, "Yes, you guys make really good food, but the philosophy that got you making such good food is bullshit, and here's why..." Or just as often, "This seemingly crazy approach leads to some amazingly delicious stuff." Either way he's looking to stir the pot, which is exactly where he hinds his inspiration. I get that.

Chang is a self-described asshole. He has anger problems and with the restaurant empire he's building I would be shocked to hear he isn't on the sauce.

He already spent an entire season doing that on Mind of a Chef

I get what you're saying, except that those other three were basically genius tier in their respective fields, whereas Chang kind of just came along and opened the right restaurant at the right time after staging for like a year at some Michelin tier NYC restaurant and became an overnight celebrity chef. I still don't like Zappa, but it's mostly because of his "really stupid lyrics" and the lack of any real soul in most of his music. I don't dislike Chang; he's more of an opportunist who hangs out with NYC chefs and endorses other people's seemingly crazy ideas more than being original himself. I've cooked probably two thirds of the Momofuku cookbook and haven't been disappointed, it just feels like he's a one trick pony and somehow gets a lot more credit than he's due. He still far better than Bourdain, for what it's worth.

I guess you have to take people like this as a product of their times. Wilde isn't funny if you don't get the rigid class norms he's skewering. Same for Carlin. Part of Zappa's point was that what passed for soul in most rock and roll wasn't really not all that soulful, so why not fuck with the form for his own amusement? Plenty of folks were willing to take that ride with him. Of course Chang is the right guy at the right place at the right time. The formerly kind of rock and roll East Village was becoming a fine dining destination as rents increased, so it was the perfect place to challenge expectations about what fine dining could be. And he wasn't the only one doing the same thing in the EV/LES at the time. He just happened to be the outspoken guy who captured the popular imagination at the moment. It's not so much about credit and where it's due, but more about the time and place. Just like the Strokes may be remembered as the East Village rockers Chang is the momentary restaurateur paradigm for the same turf. It's exciting. And he's still riding that wave. Good for him.

There was a space between trip and fag. And the word dub before it should have given you contexts. You might be retarded.

Only one had trips retard so you're still retarded anyway.

Not him but holy shit you're dumb, there was a dubs followed by a trips, hence dubtrips. And now is your cue to say you were only pretending to be retarded.

i want to eat pizza with aziz anzari and wait for him to not rape me.

retard

ignoramus

Not him, but before I saw this thread 2 mins ago, I'd never heard of him and I've been on Veeky Forums since the beginning.

>Browsing Veeky Forums since the beginning
That's probably the problem.

Seconding this, his momofuku book really blew me away with its depth and simplicity. The preparations are long but not the expenses. His ramen broth takes 20 hours to make ( including the flavoring sauce) but if you butcher meat or work in a restaurant the most expensive part is the bacon.

What? The Thanksgiving episode he gets roasted all day and his writer friend told him he was storing up the ammunition. I get the vibe that Chang has been bantered on a lot his whole life and learned to banter back.

Yeah his fermented pork dashi was an inspired take on comfort food.

He didnt claim origin..but similarity yes. which is legit the whole point of the show to break down the borders of what is traditional and what is authentic and whether these terms even have much substance in relation too the claims of origin. The show answers the questions of how many different cuisines have a form of BBQ, A meat wrapped in bread or a fried chicken, which compleatly destroys every sense of origin but connects similarities and celebrates the differences...Every cuisine does the same shit but with local ingredients

Gordon Ramsay?