Comedy

I couldn't find a section for it on the wiki, so I'm asking here. What are your favorite absurdist/comedic stories, Veeky Forums?

Honestly bro, IJ gave me a belly laugh like every 20 mins. ;-)

I can't think of many things that are great comedies. I would say The Importance of Being Earnest. A Confederacy of Dunces is good too, but it's probably the popular recommendation.

a friend of the family
button
the life of the body

yeah infinite jest is surprisingly funny

Don Quixote, even though I was crying along with Sancho in the end

Have you read the cosmicomics? They're cute in a whimsical way.

Gravity's Rainbow is the funniest thing sometimes.
I also thought Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison was very funny, too.

>the dice man
Never before had I suffered so much from second-hand embarrassment while reading a book as when the author of this shit tried to present any of the main character's ideas as smart/provocative. Freudfags should die in a fire.

Historias de Cronopios y Famas by Cortázar has a lot of absurdist flash fiction, like Instrucciones para subir una escalera or El diario a diario

Hallucinations: or, The Ill-Fated Peregrinations of Fray Servando

Boris Vian - more absurdist than funny

>A Confederacy of Dunces
This and Catch-22.
Also the Bartimaeus trilogy when I was a kid.

Plebby, but Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy has some sensible chuckles.

Diderot's Jacques the Fatalist is a personal favorite.

>Schiller held it in high regard and recommended it strongly to Goethe, who also enjoyed it.
>Stendhal, while acknowledging flaws in Jacques, nevertheless considered it a superior and exemplary work.
>In his essay The Art of the Novel, Kundera argues that Jacques le Fataliste is one of the masterpieces of the form.

Why have I never heard of this book.

>botchan
Sounds Landian.

yeah was pretty good and short too

Supposedly 'The Disaster Artist' is hilarious. Its the book about Tommy Wiseau's abysmal acting career

Aw I really liked Diceman. It's a little pseudo-intellectual, but I was cracking up during his interview on the tv show with the pastor. I really enjoyed the idea of the dice.