Was the white whale a metaphor for Jezebel?

Was the white whale a metaphor for Jezebel?

The whale is a metaphor for everything inscrutable we give meaning to in life.

no

It's a metaphor for the Judenfrage

my high school teacher had a good point about white symbolizing purity, and yet in this context abnormality and evil, and it this dichotomy blends the gothic and transcendental into one sprawling, self-contradictory struggle that is the life.

I think while Moby Dick did represent God in some way and that Ahab is a complete Lucifer character the whale also represented how even the most villainous people can be pure.

It just means the curtains were fucking blue

It's whatever you want it to be maaaannnnn

Oh you mean that point that was explicitly made in the book? In the chapter the whiteness of the whale.

It's whatever the author barely hints at in cherrypicked quotes even though the author is dead mannnn

Who had the worst death and why was it Stubb?

I don't remember a scene where the whale put on full court make up and jumped off a balcony...

But Stubb accepted death the same way he accepted life -- with steadfast cheer.
>I grin at thee, thou grinning whale!

It's probably Ahab, who has the hopeless horror of not only not achieving his monomaniac goal, but also seeing that he is responsible for the death of his whole crew.

What evidence do you see for this?
Another lazy thread.

Other than the captain being named Ahab, mostly that the whale is the creature that leads him astray and causes him to live a life in sin and suffering, dragging his entire crew down with him.

Why is this book so magical? Literally I can turn to any page and I am blown away. How do I write exactly like Melville? Because I don’t think it gets any better than him.

Just to be clear for the pseuds here, a good 10-15 pages are made discussing the role of whiteness in nature. The conclusion is that it represents strength or smth.

>you will never be as good as hermie melville

>Whale is a creature that leads him astray and causes Ahab to live a life of sin

In the end he truly was Moby Dick

Good posts don't get replies in Veeky Forums, I hope you've learnt your lesson.

>The captain is called Ahab.
Muh, lazy thread.
It's like you people haven't even read the bible.

Yes I will be.

>2017
>reading the ramblings of some bronze age goatherders

For me it was Starbuck. He knew first hand Ahab's quest was suicidal and unsuccessfully tried his very best to persuade him into leading his men to safety. Also he had a family and he knew the moment he failed to convice Ahab he would have to lead his men to death, never going to see his wife and kids again.

That's stretching the metaphor pretty far if his name is the only evidence you have.
The prophet at the harbour was named Elijah, why wasn't the whale named jezebel? Did the whale force it's God's on Ahab? Did Ahab want revenge on jezebel?

If anything fedallah is more of the jezebel character in the book. Both are foreigners, advocates of false prophecy and idolatry with deadly seductiveness.
He comes out of nowhere and somehow becomes ahabs most influential advisor, just like jezebel.

Agreed Starbuck's death is one of the worst.
>Is this the end of all my bursting prayers? All my life-long fidelities?

They all died pretty horrible deaths, but Queequeg (almost) died the best death.