So Veeky Forums, what are your thoughts about Eternal Recurrence?

So Veeky Forums, what are your thoughts about Eternal Recurrence?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dHUHxTiPFUU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Indestinguishable from living once, but probably the most reasonable idea of existence if you’re materialist.

>tfw i'm part of the last men
>tfw i'm stuck in the eternal recurrence
how do i become the ubermensch, lads?

comfy desu

I will always be an anxious NEET who will never have kids. I am not immortal. But my experience is.

youtube.com/watch?v=dHUHxTiPFUU

The be all end all of philosophy.
Funny how it's where we all, if subconsciously, start out. And where we should end with "philosophizing".
>Live every day as if it were your last
>Live every day as if you would want to relive it eternally
>Why don't you live the way you wish you did?
>Groundhog-day; live every day like how Phil lived the last days.
>Imagine dying now and relive the life you just had

>nietche is bankrupt intellectually that he needs to steal indian metaphors

JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA

its a methaphor/thought experiment to help you bee yourself

makes a meaningless existence even less than meaningless.

It's not a dogmatic statement about physics.

its gay

would that be not even meaningless?

/thread

Once you understand that time isn't linear, and you understand that reproduction is the continuance of experience, then you are truly in control. Your child will be you. When you die, you will be born your child. You will be you raising yourself. You will be aware the Gordian knot of your reality. The real question is: what happens when you decide to discontinue? Not to kill yourself, but to not rebirth. Reversion? Absolvation? Ascendance? Repetition without free will? Repetition with free will?
Death is the question; faith is the answer--Not in religion, but in your reality.

What happens if we abolish death?

>abolish
Impossible. Prolong is the only possibility.

>not factoring in culture

How does culture supersede molecular genetics?

you cant live every day like it-s your fucking last
you need breaks to do nothing
if you lived like it was your last day you would kiss every woman you wanted to
you would tell every woman what you wanted to do to her without any disrespect intended
but thats a sure fire way to not get the woman or get some and not others

you cant go last day on earth every day
you have to put in max effort under the expectation of building

and pretending like we live in through out children in a literal sense is senseless

How are you able to discontinue ? You just can't.

>>if you lived like it was your last day you would kiss every woman you wanted to
this is what hedonists would do

>you cant go last day on earth every day
>you have to put in max effort under the expectation of building

>Caesar ruled as King of Rome for five years and a half; in the intervals of seven great campaigns, which allowed him to stay not more than fifteen months altogether in the capital of the empire, he regulated the destinies of the world for the present and the future…Precisely because the building was an endless one, the master, as long as he lived, restlessly added stone to stone, just as though there were for him merely today and no tomorrow.

You don't hear child. You end your lineage. I personally believe you jump to nearest relative. If you have a blood brother or sister, you'd become them. If not, if your parents have a brother or sister, you become them.

bear*

We've already discussed this topic to death. Please stop posting this thread.