Thought of trying some mexican food so I bought a tube of this Beef Chorizo from a brand called Cacique...

thought of trying some mexican food so I bought a tube of this Beef Chorizo from a brand called Cacique. It was really cheap only 1.25. Cheapest meat you can buy in the meat section. Is this trash?

It’s a spiced fresh sausage made from offal, but damn does it taste good. Fatty as hell so no need to grease your pan.

hahahahahahaha.

enjoy your 'lymph nodes and salivary glands', read the ingredients list.

It will cook way down to a bunch o fat that you need to drain off. Then I add some veggies and some eggs over it. Damn good OP.

Eh. Sausage is good for taking the crappy parts and making them taste good.

Is there deluxe chorizo?
>16oz of our FINEST chorizo? That'll be $1.25

All I know is I bought the pork version of that one time, thinking it would make an okay sub for real chorizo, and holy fuck was I wrong. That shit is essentially taco meat, and really disgusting at that.

That's the whole point of sausage, m8. You take the shit parts of an animal and grind them edible.

I don't understand people's problem with Wendy's chili being made from leftover patties, either. What the fuck else would it be made from?

With eggs it's pretty fucking good. It's like, pure grease, though.

It is complete garbage, but so is mexican food so at least it'll be authentic.

Thats thevsame brand I buy. They are very tasty. I like the pork a little better than the beef.

Fresh beef? Most people making chili at home start with normal hamburger meat.

lol at your hamburger meat,get a job and buy some ground beef.

Make sure you drain the fuck out of it after you cook it or else your heart will stop from all the grease

Fucking disgusting joey, I can watch liveleak all day but that looks like fat gay scat

I've been eating about a tube of this a week for the last couple months. Try mixing it with pasta sauce and putting on spaghetti. Chorizo spaghetti tastes amazing and is super cheap.

>thought of trying some mexican food
just go to taco bell, it's as authentic as it gets

>Not grinding PMOS filet mignon scraps into your chili w/beans
LMAOing at ur lyfe rite now

>tfw I was fucking around with leftovers and made this exact thing

I wasn't expecting it to be so tasty

This, it's people don't know what things go into sausage making.

Why are you posting pictures of my cat?

When cooked it turns to greasy dust.

Isn't that extremely dangerous? Eating raw pork?

hamburger meat from the butcher is made from week old steak that didn't sell

Cook that shit up in a pan with some bellpepper and onions, drain fat, return and melt in some monterrey jack. Then eat in flour tortillas.

It's a weekend breakfast staple inmy house. Cook it up with some eggs, throw some green onions in there, and slap it in a corn tortilla.
Fuck yes

It's absolute garbage. I bought that tube of meat like paste once and threw the rest away after one or two bites. I guess some people eat it since it's on the shelves, but buy the shit that is actually made of meat and fat and costs $4-5 for a package. Even the American brands are pretty good since the ingredients are fairly simple to replicate. I fucking love chorizo and make bulk, uncased versions sometimes.

Chorizo and egg burritos are the best

When was this? I bought it for a long time, and then there was a period of about 2 years where it tasted like shit and I had to stop buying it. I tried a bunch of different brands, local Hispanic supermarket and carneceria stuff but I was never happy. Once I came around to it again it was much better.

I honestly don't even remember, probably over 5 years ago, maybe more. I think I got it from Walmart. But either way, real chorizo that has the texture of meat is better than whatever the fuck that weird paste is. I don't want to try it again even if everyone said it got better. I should've known from the price. I'd rather eat Dollar Tree meat than that bullshit.

>chorizo
The garbage in the plastic tubes is not good chorizo. Neither is the Johnsonville style sold alongside the brats and italian sausage.
For actual mexican chorizo you must go to a carniceria or grocery store that caters to a large hispanic population.
Make the effort.

And as long as im here...
If you want it to breakdown and dissolve into the dish then remove the meat from the natural casing prior to cooking. If however you want larger chunks you cook it in the casing then remove it.

Hi Blastina

Mexican chorizo is garbage (that I like to eat sometimes)

The good shit is chorizo from any other hispanic country. Spain'chorizo looks like shit but is good and south American country chorizo can just look like your average sausage.

>only if you swallow

Its shit. And real chorizo is pork not beef.

Independent