Can you recommend me some books that are like Yorgos Lanthimos's movies?

Can you recommend me some books that are like Yorgos Lanthimos's movies?

Captain Underpants

Dat in 2 day

>Michael Haneke for millennials
no gracias

Thomas Bernhard perhaps?

Is it in cinemas in USA already?

bump

Would like to know too.

Kafka

IS THIS SHIT GOOD

the lobster was garbage

yeah ok

What about Alps (2011). Never heard a word on Alps (2011). Dogtooth and The Lobster, yeah, but not so much Alps (2011).

Dogtooth has lot of cute grls in the trailer should watch?

came to post this

youre a millennial

haneke is shit. i remember you from /mu/ years ago. nice to know your taste is still bad, faggot

No one's saying that Haneke isn't shit

I-I like Haneke, Funny Games is one of my all time favourites.

BOOKS ARE NOT FILMS

MODS

>it's pajeet immigrant tripfag from /mu/ episode

>watching horror films makes you complicit in the violence
>what is catharsis
The Piano Teacher and The White Ribbon are his only half-way decent flicks

>implying those are mutually exclusive

you'll probably love killing of a sacred deer then

even if i hated the lobster?

depends, why'd you hate the lobster? sacred deer still has that stilted dialogue and emotionless, tense precise performances. deer was fucked up. pretty dark. probably his darkest film. a lot less humor in this one than lobster

maybe hate is a strong word, but i really didn't like the emotionlessness, even though i got what he was going for.
the entire movie was just kind of a stupid, goofy, dystopian romance.

yes i liked it for that reason. idk user, the emotionlessness is still there but if you like funny games that much its still worth a watch. another movie it reminds me of is jonathan glazer's birth

I think the emotionlessness is the point. I mean being forced to find a partner at the cost of death is the antithesis of love

Yeah, I got that, but considering it seems like a theme in his movies, it kind of turns me off of him.

To each his own, I found it a funny take on romance and how a lot of people want to find someone who's exactly like them. I've got a soft spot for pitch black humour

Not him but it was basically absurdism without an ounce of ambiguity. In terms of cinematic content and humor it's cookie cutter art house indie.

Yes.