Fav quotes by Schopenhauer that almost no one knows

Fav quotes by Schopenhauer that almost no one knows

"A lack of intelligence carries no weight with her; in fact, a superabundance of mental power or even genius, as abnormities, might have an unfavourable effect.
And so we frequenly find a woman preferring a stupid, ugly, and ill-mannered man to one who is well-educated, intellectual and agreeable. "

"Women contributed the most to contaminating the modern world with the leprosy that consumes it."
Source: Die Kunst zu beleidigen, Published by C.H.Beck (February 20, 2002)

Those are some proto r9k ideologies damn
I still love him though

"Only a male intellect clouded by the sexual drive could call the stunted, narrow-shouldered, broad-hipped and short-legged sex the fair sex: for it is with this drive that all its beauty is bound up. More fittingly than the fair sex, women could be called the unaesthetic sex. Neither for music, nor poetry, nor the plastic arts do they possess any real feeling or receptivity: if they affect to do so, it is merely mimicry in service of their effort to please"

Source: Arthur Schopenhauer: Essays and Aphorisms

I can't determine if he is just bitter or bitter and homosexual.

>"Women contributed the most to contaminating the modern world
Not /pol9k/ but the more time I spend in academia the truer this seems

"> tfw no gf, why do girls hate nice guys? REEEEEEE"
Source: My Twisted World as Will and Representation by The Supreme Gentleman, Arthuriot Schopenrodger published by Sadfrog Books

The truth is neither bitter or gay. The truth is simply the truth, what can you do?

Schopenhauer hated the german society for treating women (he called them ''the ladies'' mocking the upper middle class). He thought it ultimately would create a society of weak men easily object to subversion.
He was right.

Another good quote from "Die Kunst zu beleidigen":
"Maybe it's impossible for women to be totally honest and authentic. [...] It was during our recent times women transformed lying into a necessity"

>t. Someone who hasn't even read will as representation

Is it that difficult to believe that the sex that was literally oppressed for thousands of years would be inferior to the one did that the oppressing, giving man and only man the freedom to cultivate their interests?

“The assumption that animals are without rights and the illusion that our treatment of them has no moral significance is a positively outrageous example of Western crudity and barbarity. Universal compassion is the only guarantee of morality.”

The Basis of Morality

"Man can do what he wills but he cannot will what he wills" - John Green.

hah funny meme
epicly done sir

your diary desu

“The cheapest sort of pride is national pride; for if a man is proud of his own nation, it argues that he has no qualities of his own of which he can be proud; otherwise he would not have recourse to those which he shares with so many millions of his fellowmen. The man who is endowed with important personal qualities will be only too ready to see clearly in what respects his own nation falls short, since their failings will be constantly before his eyes. But every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; he is ready and glad to defend all its faults and follies tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority"

Let's face it, the guy probably didn't get laid very much. He would have been an /r9k/ poster had he been born in our time.

Sounds like a beta who's pissed that no one wanted to touch him

"Hope is the confusion of a desire for a thing with its probability."

>Let's face it, the guy probably didn't get laid very much
he actually got laid quite a bit

Not that his lack of sex would be an argument against him, but I was under the impression he didn't really interact much with women for the final 35 years of his life.

why would you want to?

Sure, whatever, but it's difficult to have sex with a category of beings with whom you do not interact, hence my confusion.

What’s the lit guide to Schopenhauer? How do I progress through his work?

One of my favorite writers, Thom Jones, namedrops him all the time.

You can get through Parerga and Paralipomena without much grounding, but if you want to read World as Will and Representation, I would recommend reading Critique of Pure Reason first because he references Kant, and "Kantian jargon" (Schopenhauer's words), heavily.

>read the first critique first

Which is to say start with the Greeks

>My Twisted World as Will and Representation
This bit was actually pretty funny.

Funny how nobody seems to comment on quotes like this one.

"No."

wtf i hate schoppy now

This holy shit

>""We"" went to da moon!
No you fucking didn't pal

These, not only is it completely retarded but it's detrimental to an individual's growth, their cultivation of self.

This is a right wing board

>cultivation of self
HAHA this is like trying to scoop water in a bucket that has holes in it.