As a Korean...

As a Korean, I'm rather bummed that our society hasn't received the proper social pressures for a diverse and unique culinary landscape. I envy Japan for its wide variety of non-fermented foods and their own exotic dishes that Korea has shamelessly copied.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budae-jjigae
twitter.com/AnonBabble

All nations that experience 8 months of Winter have shitty food.

Sounds like you need some (((diversity))) kim

But Korean winters only lasted for five months.

Isn't Japan more regionally diverse because of it's mountainous chain-island geography and long history and isolated communities and a great many individual feudal regions.

I don't know that much about how SK's geography shaped their food.

you guys have good barbecue, stews, pancakes, bibimbap & stir fries like dak galbi, dubu kimchi and fried squid

those are all uniquely korean dishes, what are you complaining about

>As a Korean
But the way you came

>barbecue, stews, pancakes, stir fry and fried squid are unique to Korea
Retard.

>envying a country for non-fermented foods
Wew, retard alert. Fermenter foods are GOAT, and you're denying your own culture, ya gook FUCK.

If fermented food is all I could eat for the rest of my life I wouldn't mind it because I love it so much, but there's almost nothing fermented to eat in my country.
I envy you.

Korean "food" is getting huge in the US and I have no idea why. It's all rancid and rotten.

Go to a good Korean restaurant then, retard.

I saw a packet of kimchi in the fridge of a Chinese supermarket so got it on a whim. What can I put it with? I've never had Korean food before and as far as I can tell bibimbap is just rice with random vegetables and maybe some meat which I don't really want

Stick it in a sandwich lad

Is that instant ramen?

I think it's a Korean version of sukiyaki

koreans just aren't creative in the way that japs are. you guys can't even make your own versions of western food like the japs do. what you should stick to and focus on is making really great spicy seafood dishes. stop comparing yourself to the japs. there is no comparison. they are the most fucking bizarre and intelligent of all the asian ethnicities. you koreans will always be a far 2nd to the japs. at least you're not chinese or vietnamese like me. go on jewtube right now and you'll notice all sorts of hot girls lusting over korean pop singers. be thankful of that. you limpwristed faggot. there are white girls who will fuck you just because you're korean. there is no such excitement right now for any other asian groups like how girls get excited about you fucking koreandogs and the japs. fuck you faggot. go eat your shitty kimchi ramen and be thankful. don't shit up Veeky Forums ever again with your whinning. you fucking piece of shit.

Fuck off Chang, I’ve already heard you rant enough this week on your stupid show

>I envy Japan for its wide variety of non-fermented foods and their own exotic dishes that Korea has shamelessly copied.

Japan shamelessly copies american styled food without an after thought, Japanese food is pretty bland overall

Please don't do this:
Instead, look up a recipe for kimchi fried rice, or just cook some white sticky rice, fry an egg or two, and throw some kimchi on top, it's a nice and easy lunch.

I currently live in Japan. I'm going to South Korea for a week next month.

What should I eat? I like spicy food and Japan pretty much sucks at it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budae-jjigae

bulgogi, jap chae, oxbone soup, hamul pajun. Korea food just as good as Jap. I live in predominantly Asian area. Mostly Veit, but Hodori (Korean) is the best restaurant in the area by good margin. There is a Japanese food place that outclasses everything around but its in another city.

Why does nobody mind this but when Filipinos make tapsilog, cu/ck/s lose their mind and call their cuisine the worst?
Don’t get me wrong, fried rice with some meat or veggies and egg is GOAT snack

I don't want a bowl of rice
>Try some rice or some rice

>there are white girls who will fuck you just because you're korean.
it unironically makes me feel way better about myself that there's some incel vietcong kid somewhere who seriously believes this

I think korean food is great. A good kimchi fried rice is some 10/10 comfort food, and KBBQ is a great date or a great night out with the guys.

Square, metal chopsticks breh

Gook food like Flip and Viet food is mostly comfort food and has been like that for centuries. Japan spent decades perfecting their food to make it appeal to the international stage, which is why it is what it is, even if their dishes in general are pretty simple
Don’t feel bad. Almost all Asian food is like this and it tastes pretty good too

>you koreans will always be a far 2nd to the japs. at least you're not chinese or vietnamese like me.
Maybe you'd get more girls if you weren't a self-hating faggot like OP

What's funny about this is Viet women are just as self loathing, but are usually qt's who will get hooked up with a white man and have qt con lai babies. Stay mad, ugly skeleton.
Stop being such a weeb and appreciate your fine dog dishes.