Veeky Forums how does it feel knowing that food & cooking will become obsolete in 20 years...

Veeky Forums how does it feel knowing that food & cooking will become obsolete in 20 years? By then scientists would come up with a superpill that has all the nutrients that we can possibly need. Just know that your cooking and food eating days are numbered.

We will always food. Your out of you’re mind.

I eat for pleasure.

I’m sure someone said that 20 years ago.

this isn't the dumbest fucking thing i've ever read but it's up there

> eating solely for nutrition
Enjoy your miserable life aspie

They thought that in the 1950s, and it still ain't happenin', boyo.

I'm looking forward to entire meals in paste form.

That's just dumb. The more automated and disconnected modern society becomes, the more people cling to shit like authentic food and cooking. If anything, real cooks and chefs will be even more revered in the future by rich fags looking for a taste of "better times".

You mean like how people have sex for the sole purpose of procreation?

I remember when the computer made paper obsolete. I hope the transition to the foodless future isn't a rough.

You're the same sort of faggot who thinks self driving electric cars will be the norm within the next two decades and that soon we'll all merge with machines and form a techno progressive communist utopia aren't you.

>implying places with "old time food" won't become popular

>"Eat your pills, sweetie"
>"I don't want to mom! Jimmy and Tod are going to the old Papa John's and I want to go to!"

>self driving electric cars will be the norm within the next two decades and that soon we'll all merge with machines and form a techno progressive communist utopia
And what's wrong with that?

I don't like techno.

Self-Driving electric cars will only be a thing in public transport, the majority of driving distances will be done with Velomobiles. These fuckers can reach ~100km/h with muscles alone with less force than needed to keep a bike at 25km/h.

Yeah, its like noone fucks anymore nowdays after in vitro fertilisation was invented.

I was actually surprised when my wife told me about that on our wedding night, but I guess it makes sense when you think about it.

>Velomobiles

They wont be the norm within 2 decades though if at all, stop falling for marketing gimmicks.

This is such a stale SciFi trope.

I'm more interested in the fact that in the future scientists will have the capability to reprogram our taste buds so that bland shit like water or cream of wheat will taste 100× better

Something like the lembas bread?

>microwaved hotpockets are all I eat
>yeah I love liquor, but nothing over 15 dollars for a handle please
>spaghetti night? well okay
>taco night? Hell yeah!
>sure I'll go half on a pizza
Sounding familiar OP? You don't know what food and cooking even are.

>put food in mixer
>hydrate/dehydrate it a bit
>voila, entire meal in paste form

Yeah, people are going to get fed up with being able to drink alcohol and then get in a car.

People eating to meet their dietary needs (they don't) is like claiming people only have sex for procreation. People eat stuff that tastes good. They will continue to do so. If anything these super pills will be for people who are just on extremely specific diets or poor and just wanna get by.

> Thinking Soylent or Ensure will eventually lead to pill food and cooking not being used anymore
They promised that in the 60s with rocket cars but it's 2018 and I drive a Mazda 2 I get 38 mpg and can't go above 80 or the whole car shakes like it's having a seizure
Also people don't go to restaurants just for the food it is a social thing

Future is now

Don't let it pass you by

everything about this screams california

Just how was this a thing?
Why bags?
Why was the phone connection needed?
I'd almost assume this was a joke but I'm expecting someone actually intended to make money off it

>whole car shakes like it's having a seizure
I know it's not the point of your post, but you should see about getting your tires balanced.

Dumb investors that think everything out of silicon valley will be the next billion dollar company. I call them dumb, but they're probably smart and just spreading their money around to see what sticks.

Yeah, good point. I think the tendency for this is to back multiple companies, if one of their investments goes up it recoups their loss, if they get lucky they make it back 100x

The only people who would eat something like that are either complete degenerate mole men or prisoners
There already exists many options for full meals like nutrialoaf and soylent
Both are grim as all hell

Sftu