I've never real Italian food before, and I'm trying it for the first time this weekend on a date...

I've never real Italian food before, and I'm trying it for the first time this weekend on a date, at a restaurant that specializes in Sicilian cuisine.

What should I order? And what kind of wine should I have?

cacioevino.com/menu

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Italian_cheeses
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Italian food sucks and so do you. It's just pasta. Wow, carsbs and sauce. Wow. Ding food isn't that good at all, you moron.

Haha, enjoy your carb concoctions and burnt coffee.

muh paleo meme diet

Also, there's a big difference between Italian food and Italian-American food

If you're actually Sicilian you need to rub your penis on the plate before serving.

if you want pasta:
Pasta con le Sarde (pasta with sardines, saffron, pine nuts, raisins, breadcrumbs)
Pasta alla norma (pasta with tomatoes, fried aubergine and ricotta salata)
if you want fish, try octopus, swordfish or tuna.
Don't forget arancini and caponata.

desserts:รน
cassata siciliana
cannoli

w-wine:
Contessa Entellina Ansonica
Etna Bianco
Monreale Grillo

r-wine:
syrah or nero d'avola (but i'd go for white ones)

dessert-wine(must-try):
moscato or passito

thanks for the input! what's your favorite southern italian dish?

hard to tell, there's just too many (anyway i live in tuscany, maybe some sicilian can give you better informations)

what's your favorite Italian dish in general? is your mom a good cook?

can't answer that. I love eating. i can say i have a thing for pasta with sea food, but how can i forget venison, pizza, vegetables, cheese and dessert?

Yup my mom is an incredible cook and i know my way around a kitchen as well

is your mom a milf?

>pasta with sea food
>cheese
>implying these are separate categories

yes they are different categories

Deal with it, Italy.

my personal mood would lead me to choose the arancino, either the sardine or seafood pasta, octopus, fennel salad and coffee or lemon granita. your date should definitely try the cassata, chicks dig it

gr8 b8 m8

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Italian_cheeses

They have really heavy starters. I'd say maybe start with the sardine one or the rice ball one.

Then order the pappardelle with mushrooms or bucatini with sardines.

For the second course, you can either go with the seafood theme and get the sauteed cod dish, or the grilled fish platter. Get the ribeye if you want to break up the seafood shit. Honestly, this menu doesn't really flow very well.

For salad, just go with whatever your tastes are. They're relatively interchangeable. Same with dessert, but try to get a lighter one after all that. Maybe the Italian ice?

>Honestly, this menu doesn't really flow very well.
kill yourself

Only if I get to kill you first.

It's not a bad menu if you love seafood. I do. But I know a lot of people who don't.

manchildren?

Women.

How is Fettuccina ai Frutti Di mare?

And the Cassata thing for desert

a lot of women seem to be into sushi, though

meant for

For those of you who have had both, what do you like more? Italian-American Tony Soprano food or authentic Italian food?

oh and how is that squid ink pasta?

it's not even a competition. italian-american food is a much smaller category, for a start. you're just limiting yourself if you choose it over the food of italy.

everything looks ok from the pics, even if overpriced as fuck (11$ for mussels? they charged like 1000% of the starting price)
you will probably think it's bland and not enough cheese on it, if you are a true american

i like spaghetti bolognese